The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Thalia! Yes, I remember you very well. I can't believe you're still not 16, so you were about 13 when you first droped into purgatory?! Yikes. Glad you are still serious about your writing. You are getting such an incredible head start over most of us.

Haha, thanks! Yeah, I joined the site just after I turned 13, and dropped into Purgatory... maybe even before finishing Grade 7. But I am turning 16 on the 22nd of May, so I'm not that young.

...okay, fine, I am. But... you know what I mean. :tongue

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Ink!!!! :snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

*waves to Thalia*

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Purgies! We're on the bus back to Dublin, stage two of our epic seven stage journey to London. But it'll be worth it!

And tomorrow we're meeting up with Fire! :hooray:

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Purgies! We're on the bus back to Dublin, stage two of our epic seven stage journey to London. But it'll be worth it!

And tomorrow we're meeting up with Fire! :hooray:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Ask Para to check her messages. I think I may have sent her a test text but I'm not sure. Still trying to work out the Blackberry. *is technologically challenged*

:D

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to your friend, KT.

Hugs for frustrations, Sammy (I think this is a crossmedia response to you on twitter).

Have fun, Fire!

Lovely foggy morning.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Saturday!

Thanks for all the reps and stuff, guys. Tried to respond individually, but I know I missed people. :)

I expect to see lots of photos from the epic London meet-up. *is jealous*

Was supposed to rain here today, only it's not and now I'm not sure what to do with myself.

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Purgies!

I repped as I went but wo hoo's for JustMe and Inky and LWalker and Fire and ... well there are a lot of woohoo's!!!

Have had a crazy week... Pub sent me the template for cover yesterday and I spent the day reworking all the cover art and getting it beautimus and emailed it to her just to find out her version of ph0t0$h0p is 'different' than mine and does not accept the font I used... Gahhhhh We are planning a meet up so she can walk me through doing it from my laptop...The 'official' date is set for June 12th but she will have copies on hand a week prior to take to a book festival in Ch1cag0 ...*eep* I'm skerred... what if everyone hates it....

ok well I must gather the girls and 6 yr old and whisk them all to the salon for haircuts & dye jobs. Oldest daughter is going platinum (her hair is already dirty blond) other daughter is getting a trim (b/c she straightens her naturally curly hair daily and it is fried on the ends) 6 yr old is getting a trim (b/c when his dad takes him he always comes back looking like an uneven mop) and I am getting my bangs one, adding red (like crayola red) streaks on the sides and a trim.... this will be an all day affair... I'll get pics when we're all done.

Have a great day all!

*smooches*

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, everyone. We got the Green Stamps (well, points ignored on a long-time checking account) home theatre system yesterday, so naturally Mr. Maryn is blasting music and TV dialogue and such from downstairs at a level that cannot be ignored. I'm trying not to be frustrated with the lack of consideration. Seriously, not everyone needs to hear how the subwoofer can shake one's chest wall from a distance.

He'll tire of it in a few days, I'm sure.

I'm excited for those meeting up in London. Have a lovely time!

Anybody like thrillers? I just finished a good one, "Kill Me."

Maryn, who read it instead of the morning paper, which says something

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Purgies!

(((Sammy)))

NIYRAK - WOOT! for pub prep excitement! Good luck on the cover work and I hope it turns out fabulous! And post pics of the new hair do.

Team Evil - safe travels!

Fire - have fun with the girls. * is envious * (You'd think I wouldn't be envious with as many meet-ups I've been able to attend, but it's the opposite - getting together has been so much fun and I feel like I'm missing out when there's a get-together without me. * sniff *)

Maryn - enjoy the new home theater system. :)

I've gotten over it....no, I lied. I have not. g.
(((GJB))) I'm looking forward to drowning our sorrows together.

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I do like thrillers, though it's a bit of a roundabout thing. Everything I write starts out as another genre and turns into a thriller. I guess I just really like murdering everyone. :tongue

That sounds like a fun day, Niyrak! My mom finally let me die my hair a year ago, and I went from very dark brown to quite blonde.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
It's so true, though! In MAAH, including people who die in flashbacks... I think 41 people die.

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning fellow purgies.

Good luck at the salon Niy :)

Had to go to the shopping center with the hubby today to get some study guides he needs to help his little cousin pass her GCSEs (physics, bleh!). While we were walking through one of the stores a man in a suit jumped out at me and asked to see my nails while brandishing a weird spongy looking thing in one hand.

It was so unexpected that I showed him my nails without even thinking about it and he then proceeded to sand down the top of my nails all the while praising this new miracle nail buffing product.

Oh poor unfortunate misguided man. He has no idea the kind a fury that can be unleashed by messing with the nails of a woman who likes her manicures.

Now the nails on my right hand have been buffed to the nth degree. The are too slippery to hold nail polish and I was going to manicure myself this evening. It's my one dependable de-stresser. And he took it away.

The hubby, sensing an explosion, hustled me away from the idiot in a suit before I could work my way out of merely quivering with rage to full blown hissy fit.

Last edited:

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I envy the meetups, too. If When I sell my book, I hope I make enough to start a travel fund. :)

So many cool things happening! Grats and hugs as needed. I repped as I went, so my apologies if I missed someone's cool or sad news.

Maryn, I love thrillers. That's about as far from SF&F as I usually go. Although I have been known to hit a mainstream novel now and then, they are rare.

ETA: I have quite a few murders in mine - both "before" and during. But it's UF, not a thriller.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
It's so true, though! In MAAH, including people who die in flashbacks... I think 41 people die.

Crap... I thought I was good at killing people characters. I think you have me beat. I kill of the MC's best friend, though, so that should count as more than one death.

*trudges off to kill more characters*

ETA: Niy, good luck with book publishing stuff! Hope your cover turns out well.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Meetups sound so fun! In two years, I'll actually be 18 and be able to do stuff like travel on my own.

(yes, I've been on planes by myself, buuuuuuuuuut never been anywhere where I'm totally in charge of what I do.)

ETA: MR... Spoilers for MAAH.

I have two MCs.

I kill two of Corwin's coworkers, his nanny from when he was little/current maid, and his fiancée.

As for Emil... I kill his father, sister, cousin, best friend/crush since forever.

In the trilogy I have planned, I think... three people survive.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today, I grade papers. I may even actually click send on my subs to ePublishers. Maybe. Thanks to (((Maryn))) my format is right. But first I need to work on my cover letter.

*Wanders off to do research.*

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
Hey y'all.
Having a good Saturday so far.
Went to the local big orange DIY store and got landscape timbers to make a sand box. Sand people (SAND PEOPLE!!1!) are coming at noon to dump sand. They're also leaving sand for our blob pool set up. YAY.

Have a good one!

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick "hi" without catching up, but I hope Team Evil will give Fire a big naughty hug for me! :D

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
I hope Team Evil will give Fire a big naughty hug for me! :D

^ This
+1

Will do. :D

Hi from Dublin Airport where we are currently waiting to oard.

Fire, we'll get in touch with you as soon as we're in England so that Para's phone company (bastardly bastards in bastard sauce with bastard topping) won't charge her an arm and a leg. ;)

Rick, I totally demand to meet you whenever you're even close to where I'm at in the States. ;)

My souvenir from Galway is a bit of a cold, so now I'm armed with tissues etc. Sould do some of the writings, but my brain isn't really working all that well atm. Meh.

*waves to Thalia*

Status
Not open for further replies.