Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Gais, gais. I moved rooms. You remember us wimps complaining it was getting cold? Well, I'm now back upstairs in the smaller room, so I can type from a comfy chair - no! no! not the ... Anyway, do you like the view? :e2steer: I am in a room about 10 feet by 8, with himself and the cat, we have three computers between us, I can't move for screens and wires and furniture. At the moment it's brilliant - and warm enough that we don't have to put the heating on.

So good morning cantina :Sun:

Today it's the DIY shop to buy and then fix all of the things. I haven't written anything since, since...since, er, someone help me out here, *consults notebook* since Tuesday.

Kricket's going to kill me, or at least tell me off.

:Coffee:

I'm a bit behind, what'd I miss?

Yay. Warm is always good. I find it terribly hard to concentrate when my work space isn't how I want it.

You know, I'm not gonna fix that...

*waits for the sheep to come along*

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
May not be just you, depending on what you mean. Intellectually, I can take an educated guess at what they were thinking based on their actions, words, history, context etc, but for lack of a better word, I can't grok it. And I mean the vast majority of people in politics, even those I almost agree with- for one, I can't understand why anybody would willingly expose themselves to so much bureaucracy...

I tend to make political systems that are as straightforward as possible when I have to factor in the actions of leaders as a result. If I write a more realistic (read: absurd) system, I usually have to keep the story strictly with layfolk...

Quote from five pages ago, but guys, if you need insight/knowledge about how real life politics work (which is basically the same in every country, barring dictatorships), PM or rep me. I am a politician, after all.

Basically, politicians do their best to achieve what they think is in the country's best interests, while remaining within the confines of laws and regulations. And now, I echo Zan :D

You know, I'm not gonna fix that...

You better not. I'm in ploitics has a much funner ring to it than I'm in politics. And I desperately need fun in my politics right now!

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have an irrational fondness for finding double spaces in my MS and removing them. That is all.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
The stories a radiologist friend has shared about what people ingest or stick in various orifices......like, it's astounding what people put up their own butt holes.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
The stories a radiologist friend has shared about what people ingest or stick in various orifices......like, it's astounding what people put up their own butt holes.
I know, it's bizarre. There's only a few things that you can really get away with putting up your arse. Stuff like Barbie dolls, lightbulbs, mobile phones and TV remotes are not among them. And those are only some of the tamer things I've heard about.

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know, it's bizarre. There's only a few things that you can really get away with putting up your arse. Stuff like Barbie dolls, lightbulbs, mobile phones and TV remotes are not among them. And those are only some of the tamer things I've heard about.

:gone:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Goooood morning Cantina. Today it is cold (again) and I have a lot of housekeeping chores and shopping to do before the writing can begin. *sigh*

Let's say he won't be having a laptop for a while.

About the pin? No. The knife... that's a bit more curious.

Do you hear any angry mutters? That should be your sign to go retrieve the knife and see if the laptop can be salvaged. :D
Well, the laptop is kaput. It was okay at first but MrMacologist just wouldn't stop tinkering and now it won't turn on. Fortunately, we have several other computers in the house, but it's still annoying - that was the newest laptop we had. It's also the one that broke first. Make of that what you will.

This is how to scare the newbies away. Textbook post. :D
Thank you. I try :D

(Also, did you know that next Wednesday is Talk Like a Pirate Day?!?!?)
I will be attending as a Space Pirate. *readies the Space Pirate Ship*

You know I'm going to want examples now?

Just sayin'

:D

*cough* http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ies_n_1095111.html#s476018&title=Stuck_Up_The *cough*

You're welcome.

And since I missed the plushie debate, Raven I will love you forever if you could make me a plushie Appa from Avatar. If you can't, that's fine. It might be a bit too much of a challenge.

Also, I see that last night I missed all the dong talk. Boo.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
My brain's really inconsistent. I just caught sight of myself in the mirror and for once I actually thought I looked slightly attractive. Normally whenever I see myself I get depressed over how bad I look.

Make your mind up, mind! A little consistency is all I'm asking for.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
My brain's really inconsistent. I just caught sight of myself in the mirror and for once I actually thought I looked slightly attractive. Normally whenever I see myself I get depressed over how bad I look.

Make your mind up, mind! A little consistency is all I'm asking for.

For what it's worth, I think looks matter for almost nothing unless you're really really unattractive, or really, really hot.

As most of us here fit in the middle, I say it's all in the eye of the beholder. So your eye is just seeing things differently :p

If that makes any sense whatsoever

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
So when I wrote back to Debio I put "Don't worry, we don't do politics anymore"

Me and my keyboard eh?

*Hides from the ploitics*

:Coffee*

Ahh, don't worry too much. It's election season, talk of politics is unavoidable. I try to just watch.

On the lighter side....

Ploitics is much more fun.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
A friend of mine works at a bakery, so when she finished up her shift, she loaded up with all these baked goods and handed them out at uni this morning.

I'm not hungry, but the buns are calling to me. So tempted to eat them...

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, though, if you've ever been in a hospital for surgery, it's not that weird. Especially after you've explained to a nurse that you don't care if you didn't pee in the damn measuring cup, she's not getting that fucking catheter anywhere near you... XD

QFT. the other day, when I went to get my boob squished (FOR SCIENCE!), I asked the tech how many patients the practice sees in a given day. She said the minimum was forty or fifty. A DAY. That meant that, collectively, they handled a minimum of 400-500 boobs a week.

That meant there was nothing I could whip out to impress them. So I had zero problem pulling my shirt off FOR SCIENCE!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Vote for 10! A ploitic with her interests at heart! You Will like her interests!

Paid for by Raptors with Clubs.

Anyone want to help with my shopping list which currently includes

pizza
toothpaste

Now that's thinking!

Heritage dongs.

I'm not hungry, but the buns are calling to me.

I just wanted to capture this sans context :)

Gais, I am sooo sleepy. The delegates will be here soon.

I went to bed early last night but dreamt the mentor/trainer of our group tried to kill me by throwing us both over a ledge and he was the only one with a harness. I was trying to hold onto him and beat him against the wall, and he was trying to beat me to a pulp any way possible so I'd fall to my death. The others couldnt watch out of shame. Finally they convinced him to pull us both up. Then there was a football analogy from the mentor and he walked off.

I hate my brain. The end.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Fenika;7597187 I went to bed early last night but dreamt the mentor/trainer of our group tried to kill me by throwing us both over a ledge and he was the only one with a harness. I was trying to hold onto him and beat him against the wall said:
:Wha: You have crazy dreams.

Good luck with the delegates :)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folks. I woke up exhausted as usual, but I actually slept through the night without any dreams waking me up. I'd jump for joy if the neighbours didn't already make enough noise complaints. :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
QFT. the other day, when I went to get my boob squished (FOR SCIENCE!), I asked the tech how many patients the practice sees in a given day. She said the minimum was forty or fifty. A DAY. That meant that, collectively, they handled a minimum of 400-500 boobs a week.

That meant there was nothing I could whip out to impress them. So I had zero problem pulling my shirt off FOR SCIENCE!

Good Earth logic.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
It won't be long before you have your own butt stories.
Everyone eventually has their own butt story. :)

ION: I have the strong urge to use this as my new avatar. Because it's so awesome/adorable to me. :D Though I'm not sure of the specific rules here so I dunno if I could really get away with it.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
RA - before I go to bed:

I don't see why not. It's not like their making out or anything. Seriously, I've seen AV's that are literally wearing almost nothing, I'm sure you'll be fine.

ETA: And it is quite cute :p

Status
Not open for further replies.