• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

ParaDon Books Publishing / Amazon Book Clubs

Deleted member 42

I'm awaiting the resume of every self-promoting don't-know-nothing people person that's bashing this revolutionary publisher. I myself have submitted my story to them, and will be back in the future return to 'Promote my published book' in this same forum. I'm still waiting for that resume résumé that proves you know English grammar more than me better than I. Please respond

There you go ducks!

And here's my résumé--though technically, it's a c.v.

Now then, are you going to stop being silly on the Internet?

Because you're making a total ass of yourself, and in public, and in ways that are trackable and that are going to linger.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
IntelligentWriter, while you're here, perhaps you'd like to have an actual, civilized conversation and address some of the many concerns writers have about your company?

Are you an employee or an owner? How many employees does ParaDon have? What editing and publishing experience do the owners and employees bring to the table?

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
shoot my mistake then, all i seen is that your book is PRINT-ON-DEMAND alarming!!!

Please, just please quit while you have some dignity left.

Gauntlet Dark Legacy was published by iBooks and the Ultimate Hulk was published by Byron Preiss Multimedia. Gauntlet was distributed by Simon and Schuster and the Hulk anthology was distributed by Berekley. Neither are available any longer after the death of Byron Priess in 2005, when his publishing companies went into bankrupcy and the licenses reverted to their original owners.

The Doctor Who anthology I wrote for was put out by Big Finish, Ltd., who had the license for Doctor Who stories until about two years ago when the BBC took them back. Big Finish is still doing Doctor Who audio books, but "The Qualities of Leadership" is still available until their current stock runs out.

The two Star Trek books, "What's Past" and "The Sky's the Limit" are still available from stores and on order from Simon and Schuster as well as in e-book format. I'm still getting royalty checks from them and hope to write for them again.

Please, please, just quit.

IntelligentWriter

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
last time i'll be on this site. Next time you hear from me, i'll be post my own book like you guys/gals. You have nothing - no evidence - to back up your claims, and i've proved some of you guys to be a liar. And so i don't work for ParaDon, i just like heated debate. BYE

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I'll say no more. I guess only the future can tell. All i know is, literary agent don't respond to queries, major publishers don't accept unsolicited manuscripts, writing contests (which i have participated in and paid for few times) don't respond to tell you who won, and self-publishing is frowned upon. That's leave me no choice but to look to the next best thing, and i heard great things about this publisher before this discussion began. Most of the comments i read here are flawed, and self-promoting. I am not who you're conspiring to be. I just don't want you guys to tarnish the reputation of my future publisher. That said, i hope ParaDon Books read this post, and take my submission into great consideration. My name is Preston Browne

Maybe to you they don't.
I got an agent.
Guess I must just be a better writer than you.

IntelligentWriter

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
mistype.. before i'm ambushed. Correction.
this is the last time i'll be on this site. Next time you hear from me, i'll be posting and self-promoting my own book like you guys/gals. You have nothing - no evidence - to back up your claims, and i've proved some of you guys to be a liar. And no i don't work for ParaDon, i just like heated debate. BYE

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
I'm awaiting the resume of every self-promoting don't-know-nothing people that's bashing this revolutionary publisher. I myself have submitted my story to them, and will be back in the future to 'Promote my published book' in this same forum. I'm still waiting for that resume that proves you know English grammar more than me. Please respond

Ahahahahahahah!!!!!!!

AAAAAAhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm crying with laughter! I really am. A tear just rolled down my cheek. This is gold. GOLD, Jerry! Never stop.

Deleted member 42

And so i don't work for ParaDon, i just like heated debate. BYE

Are you an employee or an owner?

How many employees does ParaDon have?

What editing and publishing experience do the owners and employees bring to the table?

Why do you have an identical IP to the one used by ParaDon?

Why do you make the same spelling, punctuation and grammar errors that occur on the ParaDon Web site and email blasts?

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
If you aren't getting any requests from agents, there's a much better option than going with the first self-proclaimed publisher who'll give you the time of day.* It's called write a better book.

And to anyone who bashes those who choose self-publishing (by the way, I've seen no such bashing on this forum, ever), I have every bit of respect for people who look at their options and decide self-publishing is the route for them. It's not easy, and it's a lot harder to build an audience, but it's better than paying someone to take your first-time rights away.

*Time-of-day giving requires a nominal fee of $5, just to make sure you're serious about getting the time of day.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Precious!

ETA: Ah, double-cross-post! This is in response to Medi.

Last edited:

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone else notice the lack of capitalization and similar sentence structure in ParaDon's defender here and the e-mail that Mac's been getting?

Yeah that's kind of what I was getting at with my comment about the grammar sounding familiar. :) I thought I'd read that voice earlier in the thread.

I just don't want you guys to tarnish the reputation of my future publisher. That said, i hope ParaDon Books read this post, and take my submission into great consideration. My name is Preston Browne

Wait, I thought it was your "friend" that was going to be published by ParaDon.

Edited to Add: Oh, darn it, I didn't realize there was a page 4 now. I missed all the fun while I was off grid during my commute!

Last edited:

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
This flounce gets a 2.

No, wait... a 1 1/2.

No... I'm feeling generous. 2 it is.

LOL! Wait, I don't think the flounce is finished yet. I think it's only a pause.

:popcorn:

I'm waiting to be called a jellous looser and to be neenered. I'll give it a three if there's a neener involved. :D

Hey, isn't there a rule against bribing flounce judges like that?

Last edited:

JL_Benet

writer/teacher
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlbenet.com
You have nothing - no evidence - to back up your claims, and i've proved some of you guys to be a liar.
Which evidence are you referring to?
- The evidence of poor grammar and usage is right there in their own posts and on their own website.
- The evidence that some of us are actually English professors is easily Googled. My name is on the website of the institution at which I teach; my teaching certificate is on the searchable database at my state's Department of Education. My name is in the student and alumni databases at the schools at which I earned my degrees.
- The evidence of using the same IP address is easily posted (and most likely wasn't for your own privacy). I'm pretty sure the moderator of the site has access to that information. That is a rather stupid bluff to call, in my honest opinion.
- The evidence of policies that deviate from the standard business practices of the industry was actually quoted and dissected pretty well on the first few pages.

Last edited: