The Old Neverending PublishAmerica Thread (Publish America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Ed Williams said:
...I posted a positive review on Amazon about "Atlanta Nights," and saw one other one on there. Neither lasted more than forty-five minutes, isn't that amazing?

I kept thinking that I was doing something wrong. I have reviewed it about three times now and none of them stay longer than an hour or two.

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
Welcome Bonnie!

Welcome to Absolute Write, Bonnie. AW is an informative place with many helpful people and endless writing advice. So please, pull up a chair and stay awhile. I promise after you get use to the place you won't be able to leave.

:Thumbs:

Last edited:

mistri

Sneezy Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
I've just done a review. Wonder how long it will last. It's 22.55 where I am. I'll report again when I notice it's gone.

Ed Williams

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ed-williams.com
Know what's funny?

1. Even the concept of a negative review re "Atlanta Nights," hey, the book is wonderfully horrible, in normal times what other kind of review could it get?

2. The fact that someone out there is so deprived of a life that they would be stalking the Amazon listing for the book.

I just saw two positive reviews, it is 6:14 pm est, wonder how long they will last?

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
Ed, what a marvelous review, I am still laughing, don't take that tone with us...lol, oh man.

Chris

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Has anyone noticed that Destiny Foretold book (the only PA book to sell over 5,000 copies according to Clopper) sells for 60% off?

I bet I know where all those mysterious copies are. I truly hope the poor guy sells enough to recoup part of what he spent.

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
This book resonates!, February 24, 2005
This book resonates!, February 24, 2005

Reviewer:Edward Williams (Macon, GA United States) - See all my reviews

Accepted by a traditional publisher, "Atlanta Nights" might be the finest badly written work in literary history. It's a true "Plan 9 From Outer Space" type book, a work of true genius, and the scourge of all true PAvidians. And for those of you who are having positive reviews of this book removed? Please don't take that tone with us, we don't need your drama, your whole escapade...

Ed Williams

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ed-williams.com
That is just amazing....

....it's almost like there are people out there who want to be taken, that's about the only explanation I can give to something like that. Just amazing....

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
Dolan said:
A PA Author, JCK, posted a message under "PA accepts 200 authors". The part I like is that royalities will be paid into a fund that JCK will control. Any decisions made about the fund will be his.

It would be really great if you writers would start having your royalities deposited in a fund that I control and I promise all decisions regarding the fund will be mine. I need 200 takers, anyone want to be first? I'm on my way the bank to open the fund and I will be able to give you deposit info soon.

Snark

and oh my God...I have to get to john (JCK) O.M.G I forgot about that book!

Yes, I did :roll:

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it is isn't it...amazing, I mean. Well, I say if your going to be taken, you may as well be taken all the way. Oh, I just can't imagine that I'll be in a book about authors, he better let me out, of course, though, I'm laughing at myself as I type this, it's really funny and well, I have spent years and years learning how to be an idiot, and since I'm good at everything, well...what more do I have to say. LOL

Dolan

Banned
Reaction score
Bikrpreacher

Why don't you put your royalties in my fund. You can trust me to make better decisions about how I use your money.

Snark, snark

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
Dolan said:
Why don't you put your royalties in my fund. You can trust me to make better decisions about how I use your money.

Snark, snark

Yeah, there are lots of things I should have sent you the money for instead of someone else! I just sent john two emails, one said "john, please don't put my material in your book, under the circumstances, you really don't want me in there."
The second said "john! I DON'T AGREE TO THE TERMS - DO NOT PUT ME IN THAT BOOK!"
Do I sound desperate enough? :Smack:

Look Dolan, everyone else is laughing too hard to type! :Shrug:

Sher2

Auroraless ExPAtriate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
Dolan said:
A PA Author, JCK, posted a message under "PA accepts 200 authors". The part I like is that royalities will be paid into a fund that JCK will control. Any decisions made about the fund will be his.

It would be really great if you writers would start having your royalities deposited in a fund that I control and I promise all decisions regarding the fund will be mine. I need 200 takers, anyone want to be first? I'm on my way the bank to open the fund and I will be able to give you deposit info soon.

Snark

Snark, if and when I get mine -- and I think it's a given that the amount will be incorrect in any event -- you can have it. This friggin' book has become the bane of my existence and I don't want another darn thing to do with it. Just tell me where to deposit the $0.96, $2.98, $10.00, or whatever the hell it turns out to be. Just don't spend it all in one place. :Huh:

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
john let me off the hook...that was scary!
I'd give Snark my royalties too, but the stamp is too expensive...

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
would someone please refresh my memory regarding the purpose of the 200 author book?

This has disaster written all over it, regardless.

akaa1a

Giggle Collector
Registered
Reaction score
Heavy sigh....

Just in case you haven't seen it in its glory....

IMPORTANT

PA has today accepted the idea for the 200 book.

The date for completion is the 1st.May for the AQ to be sent to them.
That means everyone must concentrate on making sure their own copy is ready. All those who posted on the original new authors post are on a print out and providing their work is received in time will be included in the book. Sherry Moore has the database and it is vital that your contact details are with her.

Now the book will be a reality I am again giving the terms and conditions that every author must agree to before going any further.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Each author will provide their own work copyright free for the purposes of the book. The book in its own right will retain copyright for all authors.

Royalties will be placed in an authors fund and used for the benefit of all authors including PA authors not in the book. My decision will need to be final regarding the authors fund.

Books will be purchased for all authors as one complete order in that way everyone will benefit from the best discounts. All profits from personal sales belong to the author making those sales.

If you are happy with all of the above terms and want to be included then apart from those that already posted their interest there should be room for about 70 more.
Those that sent work to Sherry or myself, we have the work on file, and will let you know shortly in case there are any changes to be made.

This is a wonderful opportunity to produce a book that the media will be interested in.

My special thanks to PA.

JOHN

Sher2

Auroraless ExPAtriate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
freewebs.com
akaa1a said:
Just in case you haven't seen it in its glory....

IMPORTANT

PA has today accepted the idea for the 200 book.

Well, for God's sake, was there ever any doubt that PA would accept it? The guy could have let his dog write it and PA would still have taken it, no questions asked. :crazy:

Sarashay

Shut Up and Write
Registered
Reaction score
I graduated from Emory University with a B.A. in Creative Writing. I was one of the first graduates of that program.

I never discussed the process of actually getting published in any of the classes I took. Pretty much everything I learned about submitting properly I learned from going to panels at science fiction conventions.

'shay

Dolan

Banned
Reaction score
Shar2

Sher2 said:
Snark, if and when I get mine -- and I think it's a given that the amount will be incorrect in any event -- you can have it. This friggin' book has become the bane of my existence and I don't want another darn thing to do with it. Just tell me where to deposit the $0.96, $2.98, $10.00, or whatever the hell it turns out to be. Just don't spend it all in one place. :Huh:

I can not accept your terms. "Just don't spend it all in one place" is an ill disguised attempt to try and control any decision that I may make regarding the $0.96. DON'T TAKE THAT TONE WITH ME.

Snarker

mistri

Sneezy Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
My review's gone, an hour later (possibly quicker, as I've just checked). And about 5 other good reviews have gone too. How on earth are the PA people getting the good reviews removed so quickly? I really don't understand it. Even if they're reporting it, surely it would take a lot for Amazon to pull something without even looking at it.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Edited: I've just reposted it. Wonder how long it'll last this time?

Last edited:

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Maybe the person in the charge of the delete button is happy author number 10,997.

They are everywhere.

akaa1a

Giggle Collector
Registered
Reaction score
Well Sher2,

Look at it this way, PA has a captive income stream with 200 authors rowin' the boat. I think it's odd that they are letting an author control the purse strings, or am I reading this all wrong.
Bet this contract will be hard to extract themselves from when the boat springs a leak!
:TheWave: 7 out of 200 happy authors!

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
It will be a regular contract, John will be the author. It'll just be like all other contracts of PA. He doesn't really even have to talk to anyone about royalties, accept that this came up once or twice when he was getting it all ready. He's just saying this so it won't come up again. The author he wants to help is the one doing the book club thing, LindaP or something.

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
XThe NavigatorX said:
Has anyone noticed that Destiny Foretold book (the only PA book to sell over 5,000 copies according to Clopper) sells for 60% off?

I bet I know where all those mysterious copies are. I truly hope the poor guy sells enough to recoup part of what he spent.

Have you gone to his site, followed the links there to purchase and realize he has no link to PA on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.