Hounding from the Depths of Perdition

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Sorry I haven't been around much in recent days. My internet connection is unreliable because I'm stealing it. Seems my apartment needs a phone line run so I can get DSL. I'm working on it.

I hope everybody has a great Halloween. Or as I like to call it, Amateur Night.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
don't, really, don't....it's so bad.
Well beyond that, unfortunately. I knew it was bad, but wanted to be able to say so with authority and conviction as opposed to assuming that just based on what everyone told me. Still traumatized me though. *shudder*

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
It's Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday!

I can stay up late and slee...

Ah, shhh...Scheherazade. Girl Child has driver's ed at the crack of dark.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Plotplotplotplot...

Squirrel!

<coffee>

Plotplotplotplot...

Found out more about the sudden firing of one of our engineers this morning from my boss. He called me in to his office and showed me a 6-inch stack of paper he'd found buried in the engineer's desk. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

Turns out it was entirely composed of work instructions I'd written and handed off to this guy to read and edit and which he was supposed to test or have tested. Six frikkin' inches of paper!

The official reason he was let go was that, with our two companies merging, we no longer have need for an estimator.

Plotplotplotplot...

<coffee>

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Well beyond that, unfortunately. I knew it was bad, but wanted to be able to say so with authority and conviction as opposed to assuming that just based on what everyone told me. Still traumatized me though. *shudder*

Yeah...*looks around to make sure Cass is gone*

I've only gotten a little over halfway and I'm not sure I can bring myself to finish it. I've thrown it over the balcony at least six times now. I think I'd rather write the parody only knowing half of how bad it is.

*perks*

On the bright side, I wasted about an hour this afternoon creating an illustration for the parody of a text conversation! That was fun. I should make more illustrations for my posts.

*thinks about that a moment*

Or not. That might be yet another way I can procrastinate from editing things. Hmmm....

Oh, and glad to hear you are not in any danger at work, Greg. Although yikes on that co-worker. Heh.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I am watching Horns. Finally. And I think I've come to the conclusion that it was just a bad trailer. Because so far, I really like it!

I don't remember the book taking place in Seattle. Yet in the movie it does. Which is kind of fun for me. :D

Last edited:

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Okay, so I am watching Horns. Finally. And I think I've come to the conclusion that it was just a bad trailer. Because so far, I really like it!

I don't remember the book taking place in Seattle. Yet in the movie it does. Which is kind of fun for me. :D

It's on my list of "To Watch"

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Eeep, I didn't see anyone had replied and was thinking the thread had gone dead. :Shrug:

Hey, Skwirrel. How was your Halloween? :)

*ponders if the thread can be newbieq'd...*

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
:hi:

Well, after a few weeks of intense emotional turmoil, I seem to have a bit of my grip on reality back. I may pop in and out as things turn over for the next month, or two, but I'm back around for now at least.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
You mean the cover in this thread? It goes pretty well actually. Should be close to publishing it, I submitted it to Kindle Singles, so I'm pretty much just waiting to hear back from them.

I still wouldn't say I'm quite in a better head-space. Things have just calmed down a bit. Thanks though. :)

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Shaun, I really like that cover - and I had no idea what a cenote was, so I've also added a little to my knowledge. :Thumbs:

*sends giant sparkles to Winks* :Hug2:

I haz a fun-filled morning up ahead, with the Big Kidlet. She received a small chemistry set for her birthday, of the make your own perfume variety, so we're going to poke around with it. :heart:

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Please, newbiecue me. Hand me one of those giant sparklers. Let me feed the Mogwai. Anything but more work.

:e2thud:

Nope.

Work is good for whatever's left of your soul (which ain't much since I got most of it in this here jar - it's awful dark for a soul too).

Besides, it's better torture than any of those you mentioned.

:)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I read a handful of King books as a kid and loved them. Then...nothing. I couldn't get into a single one again all the sudden. :(

I was the reverse - I didn't particularly enjoy King until maybe about 5 - 10 years ago when I hit a wall with Koontz

Late to the convo here (and backreading cause... reasons) but...

Just finished Doctor Sleep, the Shining sequel.

Hands down the best King book I have read in years, if not decades. Easily one of his best books.

And Soapy, you might try Joyland, it's a non-King (mostly) King book, and also very good.

I should eat something...

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Cass might be...

I'm still here though.

And I didn't forget about you, either.

Bloody. Heck. I log in for five minutes, only to find I've been sheep-bombed.

I...

*blinks at reppies*

Wow. Just...wow. Hello, Boston. glad to see you back. Must be going now - IRL work crap. (Funny or scary enough, depending on how you view me, I'm in Boston at the moment...he. he.)

*disappears for another week*