Website
www.gailbridges.com
Let's do this! So far, interested parties from the "Blue Light" thread are:

Evelyn
thethinker42 (Lori)
Aleks
CaPooF
Alan

...and, of course, anyone else who lives in the area or who will be visiting Seattle is eagerly invited and more than welcome. (I seem to remember there is someone who lives in a Seattle suburb?) The more the merrier.

When is a good time? I am assuming it will have to be in the next six (?) weeks, before Lori and Aleks leave.

And where should we meet? CaPooF and I already have a delightful coffee shop near the University District, Zoka Coffee.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I'll be in Redmond from early November until the end of January. Aleks (Aleksandr Voinov, my co-author -- he's not an active AW member) will be there from mid-November until mid-December.

We can easily meet anywhere...Seattle, Eastside, Tacoma area, etc.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I actually live closer to Tacoma than Seattle, but I can definitely do Seattle. I live a relatively short driving distance away from a transit center and a light-rail station, so anything near one of the major stops would be ideal. In light of that, the coffee shop near the U District might be a good idea. Seattle is pretty good about having routes to or near most of the major destinations, so I'll probably be able to make it work.

I have to warn you all that my aunt (who lives in Seattle) is suffering from terminal cancer with a grim prognosis at this point (a few months, at best), so it's possible I could cancel at the last minute.

And I kinda want to meet Aleks. I haven't read too much of his stuff yet, but I own a lot of it and really like the ones I've read already.

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Ack! I've been a bit out of the loop lately, and didn't see this thread. Um, Zoka is good, but I'm open to other possibilities. Do we want to wait until folks are all actually in town before nailing down specifics?

Evelyn

I'm writing!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gailbridges.com
Hello again!

I am so excited to meet you guys!

This is when Paige (CaPoof) and I meet for our weekly writing date - we'd love for you to join us. I am hoping that the time and place work for everyone.

2:00 Thursday, Nov. 20th

University Zoka

http://www.zokacoffee.com/about-zoka/zoka-locations-3/

Chime in and let us know how many of our lovely forum friends to expect! Are there five of us? Anyone else in the area? Hopefully we can nab the big secluded table in the back for our get-together.

Also - let's think of something fun to do as an ice-breaker...? Any ideas?

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Thursday will work for me. Since I'm not quite ready to drive on the freeways all the way to Seattle, I'm going to need to look up the bus routes/schedules to get there, but I'll be there.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't make me grovel for pictures, people. Even if, like me, you hate the way you look in pictures, I want to see you all.

I'm so pleased this is going to work for a handful of us. Enjoy!

Maryn, also a tad jealous

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! It'll be great to meet you guys face to face.

Evelyn

I'm writing!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gailbridges.com
I called Zoka and reserved the big square table at the very back for our get-together. They'll put a sign on it that says "reserved for Evelyn".

This'll be fun!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Increased envy here. I hope you all have a lovely time. Hell, I'm sure you will. Enjoy yourselves, and raise a glass or cup to AW while you're there, okay?

Maryn, glad you can do this

Evelyn

I'm writing!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gailbridges.com
Increased envy here. I hope you all have a lovely time. Hell, I'm sure you will. Enjoy yourselves, and raise a glass or cup to AW while you're there, okay?

Maryn, glad you can do this

Wish you could come, Maryn! You're our mother hen. If you're ever in Seattle, we'll do it again.

Fil - you too!! If you go to WFC, let us know. I sure would like to meet you.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Because I hate driving in shitty traffic, Aleks and I are probably going to head down a little early tomorrow, so we might be there when y'all get there. :D

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can't wait to see you all tomorrow! Or today, I guess, since it's after midnight.

Evelyn

I'm writing!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gailbridges.com
Hi folks!

This is so great - another meet-up! This is such a busy time of year, I hope we can figure out a time that will work for all of us. Shall we meet at Zoka again? As soon as we figure it out, I'll reserve the big secluded table in the back again.

For me, these times work the best:

Thursday, Jan 1st, 2:00 (regular writing date with Paige)
Sunday, Jan 4th, 2:00 or later
Monday, Jan 5th, late afternoon

Maybe: Friday, Jan 2nd, 3:00 or later

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As always, the demand request for pictures is understood, yes?

Maryn, missing out

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My sweetie is coming over tonight and will be here until either the 2nd or 3rd, so I unfortunately won't be able to come to the meet-up while Ann/amergina is here. I would be happy to meet up at Zoka on a different day with Evelyn and Paige (and perhaps Lori?), but I can't cancel on my sweetie because I don't get to see him on a regular basis.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little bummed though because I really wanted to meet you. Maybe some day...