XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning friends!

Thanks for your concern with the payroll issue. We got really lucky and found a left over gift card with over $100 on it so we have foods and stuff. Also our savings is all jacked up because doctors like to be paid for helping you push out a baby. Go figure. :)

Speaking of Baby Kricket, he is finally getting more towards sleeping at night instead of the day. He still likes to be fed every two hours but he is managing to sleep for four hours at night. This a more happy, more rested Mommy makes.

Hope y'all have a nice relaxing Sunday!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you a trained assassin then? She's tall and fair-haired, so are you... IT'S ALL COMING CLEAR NOW...

I'd better tread carefully round Miss Fenika. I've probably said too much already.

*smiles innocently* I did have a dream I was a red headed assassin and thief. They sent various troops after me and I kicked some ass and escaped them all.

Icing hand and wrist is owie! (While you can still feel stuff.)

Use chocolate icing instead of ice next time :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ali- I look forward to the next AtCTs. :)

10- you can catch up easily. What's shaking in your neck of Europe? Any good news?

Kricket- sell the parasite and put the money in savings. Plus, baby Kricket will then be an overlord killing hero, will return with riches, and convieniently forgive you.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Ali- I look forward to the next AtCTs. :)

10- you can catch up easily. What's shaking in your neck of Europe? Any good news?

Kricket- sell the parasite and put the money in savings. Plus, baby Kricket will then be an overlord killing hero, will return with riches, and convieniently forgive you.

Well that's all well and good except that selling ones children is illegal. And besides if I was going to sell one it'd be the 2 year old. The baby still has charm because he's still cute and helpless. The two year old, not so much. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I guess this means I have to go write something now? ;)

Yes. :e2teeth:

Well that's all well and good except that selling ones children is illegal. And besides if I was going to sell one it'd be the 2 year old. The baby still has charm because he's still cute and helpless. The two year old, not so much. :)

Illegal in this country. Convieniently, countries with no restrictions or easy ignored restrictions on the sale of people also have overlords. Win win.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy one month anniversary! Post pics! :)

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for - that sounds dangerously near to an Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel title to me.

That's worse nightmare fuel than that picture of the Hoff. You know the one I mean.

Hey, where have you been storing him? He's not on the map.

He's part of my personal stash - has been since college. :) I'm willing to share, though, as long as you all don't wear him out!

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Good day :)

It's sooo sunny outside. I almost got burnt on my morning run! And that's not even a complaint, that's joy.

I appear to have a job interview Tuesday. Wish me luck!

oh! hey! Exactly one month! I moved in on the 20th of last month

I've edited two novels in that time.

Yay me!

Awesoooome.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Stoner college students who rent the house next door had an all-night outdoor bonfire/bongo party (and, likely, bong party) until around 3am. Kept me up, disrupted the sprogs' sleep, and then they were up at 7am and CRANKY.

I think I'm gonna have to write a horror piece involving college students getting eaten by some sort of Old One. I haven't done horror since the zombie thing, but I do believe I am in the mood.

How's the rest of the cantina? Glad to hear your sleep is on the rise, Kricket -- a few hours here and there make such a *huge* difference...

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Happy one month anniversary! Post pics! :)

Thank you my friend! And I don't gotsa pic yet!!

Stoner college students who rent the house next door had an all-night outdoor bonfire/bongo party (and, likely, bong party) until around 3am. Kept me up, disrupted the sprogs' sleep, and then they were up at 7am and CRANKY.

I think I'm gonna have to write a horror piece involving college students getting eaten by some sort of Old One. I haven't done horror since the zombie thing, but I do believe I am in the mood.

How's the rest of the cantina? Glad to hear your sleep is on the rise, Kricket -- a few hours here and there make such a *huge* difference...

When I first moved out to Pleasanton with my sister, I was horrified by the blandness, the soccer mom outings, the way all the stores just had descriptions above them - like REAL ESTATE DENTAL SHOE STORE DOCTOR I kept expecting to find one that said STORE STORE, and all the sidewalks rolled up at 8 pm on Sunday. But then when you went out at night, and let me paraphrase Whodini, the freaks came out at night. Punks, full on goth kids in all manner of black regalia, spikes, green mohawks, etc. I wondered where they hid during the day, so I wrote a quasi-dystopian story about the night belonging to the punks and the day belonging to the yuppies.

Yay you! Awesome! :)

There is little more horrifying than the Recursive Hasselhoff.

w00t! Good interview vibes heading your way!

thank you!

but let's not mention the HOff.... I'm still recovering...

and yes - good interview vibes to you, RT! It seems a lot of people have gotten jobs lately, so I hope you have some of that AW Job-Getting luck!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. :e2teeth:

Illegal in this country. Convieniently, countries with no restrictions or easy ignored restrictions on the sale of people also have overlords. Win win.

You scare me sometimes. Just saying.

But don't worry everyone scares me in here at one point or another.

ION I'm staring to wonder if my dog laying at/on the babies feet is a sign of love and protectiveness or a possessive thing. IE should I let him do it or not?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I appear to have a job interview Tuesday. Wish me luck!

Good luck. :) *crosses fingers*

Stoner college students who rent the house next door had an all-night outdoor bonfire/bongo party (and, likely, bong party) until around 3am.

Nuke them from orbit.

There is little more horrifying than the Recursive Hasselhoff.

Recursive Carrot Top? Recursive Richard Simmons? This, even?

ION I'm staring to wonder if my dog laying at/on the babies feet is a sign of love and protectiveness or a possessive thing. IE should I let him do it or not?

If it is sitting beside the baby? I figure it is being protective, and you should be fine, but err on the side of caution and stay in the room.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
When I first moved out to Pleasanton with my sister, I was horrified by the blandness, the soccer mom outings, the way all the stores just had descriptions above them - like REAL ESTATE DENTAL SHOE STORE DOCTOR I kept expecting to find one that said STORE STORE, and all the sidewalks rolled up at 8 pm on Sunday. But then when you went out at night, and let me paraphrase Whodini, the freaks came out at night. Punks, full on goth kids in all manner of black regalia, spikes, green mohawks, etc. I wondered where they hid during the day, so I wrote a quasi-dystopian story about the night belonging to the punks and the day belonging to the yuppies.

The area where I live was one of the centers of the commune movement back in the 60s, and we still have a couple of still-running ashrams in the area, a Buddhist temple, and essentially so much counter-culture the soccer moms sort of stand out as weird. I like it, quite frankly, because there's also a high density of bookstores, a huge international community, all kinds of good, cheap food from all over the world, bike-trails everywhere, AND we're in the middle of the woods/cowfields. I used to spend 3hrs a day commuting in and out of Boston, and now my biggest traffic hazard is turkeys (the real kind) in the road and students in crosswalks. It's a pretty great place to live, and an awesome place to grow up for kids.

That said, stoner neighbors wouldn't normally bother me, except they let their dogs run loose and/or bark all night, and having a loud outdoor party until 3am when they know there are little kids right next door is seriously inconsiderate. If they'd shut it down at midnight I would've been *much* less peeved.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Raven!

Bettie, borrow a camera from a neighbor. If they wont part with it, ask them to walk around with you and take pics of things you point at :)

And yay for me being scary, I said in a high pitched voice!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
The area where I live was one of the centers of the commune movement back in the 60s, and we still have a couple of still-running ashrams in the area, a Buddhist temple, and essentially so much counter-culture the soccer moms sort of stand out as weird. I like it, quite frankly, because there's also a high density of bookstores, a huge international community, all kinds of good, cheap food from all over the world, bike-trails everywhere, AND we're in the middle of the woods/cowfields. I used to spend 3hrs a day commuting in and out of Boston, and now my biggest traffic hazard is turkeys (the real kind) in the road and students in crosswalks. It's a pretty great place to live, and an awesome place to grow up for kids.

That said, stoner neighbors wouldn't normally bother me, except they let their dogs run loose and/or bark all night, and having a loud outdoor party until 3am when they know there are little kids right next door is seriously inconsiderate. If they'd shut it down at midnight I would've been *much* less peeved.

perhaps now is an appropriate time for a passive/aggressive note written in whip cream on their lawn?

Good luck, Raven!

Bettie, borrow a camera from a neighbor. If they wont part with it, ask them to walk around with you and take pics of things you point at :)

And yay for me being scary, I said in a high pitched voice!

that would require speaking to people... strangers... I don't speak to people, especially not strange people.

Status
Not open for further replies.