Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Im not really even sure what you mean by story proposal

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Is stalking people on facebook because I am bored and that's what people do when they are bored.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
A treatment for a screenplay and a proposal for a non-fiction book (only non-fiction is sold on proposal) are two radically different things.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Then they're making words up and only they can tell you what they mean.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah i was getting severly confused

On other news, I got some more advice on my potential issue. So I've changed the city it is set in. And deleted two chapters, that are overly specific. Still going to do more research though.

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Story proposal probably means a lot of different things.

If they mean treatment, they're talking about a bare-bones version of a screenplay. No camera direction, no editing or soundtrack suggestions--just characters, dialogue, and character actions.

If they mean scriptment, they're talking about a halfway point between a script (which contains ALL information needed to make something into a movie/episode, including camera work) and the screenplay. A scriptment gives the writer a bit of input in terms of direction. Most directors will do their own thing either way.

Otherwise, "story proposal" could just mean a long pitch. From my understanding, most TV shows are conditionally signed on by networks after a proposal. The "front 13" (first 13 episodes) are signed on officially after a network views the Pilot episode and likes the product. The "back 9" (last 9 episodes) are signed on some part through the airing of the front 13 as the network tests the waters to see how the show's doing. The "story proposal" is just a pitch of all 22 hypothetical episodes, since it's doubtful the producers have screenplays actually written for the entire season by the time they've secured financial backing for a show (that'd be ~1100 screenplay pages!).

This is in a perfect world, mind you. Some shows air the front 13 and don't get signed on again until much later, at which point they just air a new season. This is why so few shows actually have a perfect 22 episodes in their first season.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, god... I look really, really, really bad in pictures...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
so do I! I hate when friends put me up in pictures on facebook.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind the rest, but there is one that I want deleted. I have myself untagged, but I still want it gone.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
version 6 already?
/out of the loop

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Choco!!! How are you doing???

And i know what you mean Taylor, my friends always take hidden pictures of me at the worst times!!!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Bright pink makes people look fat... *makes mental note* *needs to lose weight*

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm good, thanks. Working on a job for a client. How are you?

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone! :D How are you all?

Bloody neurotic! Tomorrow I find out if I make the cut for quarter-finals in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, and then after that I've still got a handful of open submissions I'm waiting to hear back from. I'm wishing I had some nail polish so I could stop myself from chewing on my nails.

Yourself?