Captain Power's Party Dirigible (complete with disco pool!)

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Thanks all! I've mostly stopped giving out review copies, so we'll see how long it takes for the next 1,000.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, bummer! I was hoping to review it and interview you on my blog. You sort of, kind of, I think, maybe, indicated you would be willing to do that. Perhaps I was mistaken.

If not, then I could still interview you with just a synopsis or something because I tend to ask offbeat questions, anyway.

Oops! I didn't mean you indicated you would send me a copy of the book, just that you were open to a possible interview. Sorry if it sounded otherwise.

Last edited:

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Oh, bummer! I was hoping to review it and interview you on my blog. You sort of, kind of, I think, maybe, indicated you would be willing to do that. Perhaps I was mistaken.

If not, then I could still interview you with just a synopsis or something because I tend to ask offbeat questions, anyway.

Oops! I didn't mean you indicated you would send me a copy of the book, just that you were open to a possible interview. Sorry if it sounded otherwise.

Sissy,

Of course there's a copy for you--as long as I have them in stock and I try to always keep at least a couple around (I have a bunch right now).

Just e-mail or PM me, I'd LOVE to do the interview too!

My main problem with review copies--hard copies that is--is not just the time it takes to find reviewers (especially one's who take indie books) it's that, maybe a 1/3rd never post a review.

There's a lot of writers out there right now who think they are going to ride The Indie eBook eTrain straight to the bank, so they are inundating reviewers (and a good portion of those books are... let's just say, they aren't up to par).

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
O, Captain, my Captain, where are you?

sissybaby has her galleys in hand! That calls for a celebration.

Please steer the dirigible to someplace with sparkling seas and plenty of boat drinks.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
O, Captain, my Captain, where are you?

sissybaby has her galleys in hand! That calls for a celebration.

Please steer the dirigible to someplace with sparkling seas and plenty of boat drinks.

Ooh, galleys! Sounds awesome. Congratulations.

Say, it has been quiet around here, hasn't it.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
We get to take another trip? Oh joy! Hope it's somewhere exotic, with lots of fresh fruit.

And I can't believe I haven't shared a picture of my cover art yet. I'm a bit happy with it. Like jumping around in circles in a little Snoopy dance.

But I can't figure out how to do it. I'm technologically challenged. If someone could advise how to get an image into this reply box, I'd be ever grateful.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sissy, you have to host it online somewhere like imageshack, then you will have a URL for it. Then you go to the aw reply box, click the little icon of a picture of a mountain and sun, then copy the image URL in that box, click ok, and post your reply.

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Sissy, you have to host it online somewhere like imageshack, then you will have a URL for it. Then you go to the aw reply box, click the little icon of a picture of a mountain and sun, then copy the image URL in that box, click ok, and post your reply.

I think posting it on your blog should work, then you can link to it here.

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Sissy, it's lovely! And hooray for a dirigible excursion! Please pass the strawberry daiquiris...

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I have a theory that purple covers look good in thumbnail size (like on Amazon). I hope your cover proves this right.

I like your name too, how the C and D are a tad bigger.

It gets two thumbs up for me!

If Tim doesn't make it by in the next couple days, someone else might have to take the helm. Not me though, I don't even know the difference between a dirigible, a zeppelin, and a Blimp.

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
9bd0dc6400cc4ec99598d0983e290a7a.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS, Sissybaby! We're heading to this mysterious lighthouse retreat for a cozy night of storytelling and snacks. :)

ETA: You'll notice it's a purplish spot...

Last edited:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!!!

It's amazing how you read my mind. That is exactly where I wanted to go. I can hear the crashing of the waves, and I know there are some thrilling sea creatures that are going to make an appearance.

And that House! I want to live in that house. Seriously. Can you imagine it? I get that attic room that you can barely see.

I'm going to go plan a menu. I've already made the brownies.

Thanks, Timothy. You rock! Ha! get it? rock? That wasn't planned, BTW.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Are we still partying today for Sissy's book release?

:partyguy:

Or are we supposed to be quiet at the tranquil lighthouse? :e2zipped:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Tranquil lighthouse? Are you kidding me? We are rockin' that baby!

I didn't know my book would already be on Amazon, but I've been told it is. I don't know where else it may be lurking.

Anybody want a refill on the raspberry daiquiri?

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Tranquil lighthouse? Are you kidding me? We are rockin' that baby!

I didn't know my book would already be on Amazon, but I've been told it is. I don't know where else it may be lurking.

Anybody want a refill on the raspberry daiquiri?

Me, please!

So I can download ebooks to read as PDFs on my computer, even though I don't have an e-reader, right?

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
The lighthouse JUST MIGHT CONTAIN a disco pool suitable for party purposes...

11-2_swmimming_pool_disco_party.jpg