Not open for further replies.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Botox? :S Maybe I'm one of the few, but women look good with some character in their face. Does anyone REALLY want to look like Joan Rivers?

There was some news stories a few months ago about a Glee star getting botox to look 'younger' for the show.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
So I haven't been here all day. Is it worth me posting now?

Yes. Did you abandon us for the day in the name of word count, work or sleep? ;)

Botox? :S Maybe I'm one of the few, but women look good with some character in their face. Does anyone REALLY want to look like Joan Rivers?

There was some news stories a few months ago about a Glee star getting botox to look 'younger' for the show.

You're not the only one. Laugh lines, etc. are a sign of a good life.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

Silly considering that none of the Glee actors look young enough to be in high school.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Yes. Did you abandon us for the day in the name of word count, work or sleep? ;)

Let me see, I'm quite tired so it's hard to remember this morning. Oh, I know. I spent a while cutting up plant prunings to go in the green recycling tomorrow morning - my life is a non stop amusement park of frivolity, then I spent a while freaking out about some of the stories that have come to light about my family since it grew by seven people a few weeks ago. It seems that my grandmother was the UK equivalent of Bonnie and Clyde, well, one of them anyway, it's not good for the brain, but I can see it making a great story when I get my head around it all. I did wonder if I could get new ancestors somewhere. Anyone know?

Then I did wordage, got my 250 in for the day and spent about an hour checking backups of my WIPs on floppy disc - I'm soooooo last century, and of course, I had at least three different versions of the most important ones, so I had to keep swapping around from one disc to the next to work out what all the differences were and which one I really needed. It was annoying but I figured butt in chair is butt in chair so it all counts.

By the end of all that, with lunch and tea breaks and dinner thrown in, that was my day. Sometimes I wish I was Garfield and then I could multi-task by doing sleeping and work at the same time.

Sorry, I seem to have hit ramble mode. I'll shut up now. :e2zipped:

You're not the only one. Laugh lines, etc. are a sign of a good life.
Agreed. Just like tidy houses are the sign of a boring life.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, when it comes to women, if the only muscle on their face that actually moves is the lower lip....I do not find that attractive.

I don't actually know many men who do. Looks great if you are just standing their for a photo. But if you are actually interacting? Give me some wrinkles that move any day.

I may be a weird man though.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

Frankly, my dear, I don't want to do anything like Joan Rivers.

Unless she gets to go home today. In which case: yes please.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, made it safely to work. Today was the interesting morning.

It is usually Papa's job to get little Debio up, fed, changed, etc. Mama is busy getting another 30 minutes sleep, then everyone's lunches.

Well, today, was the "I don't want a diaper change"... "why didn't you change my diaper?" Waaaaaahhh! day.

Go to do something and it was "No!" But god forbid deciding not to do it.

Thank the gods that little Debio almost never does this. I feel for parents who go through this every day.

He is a wonderful child, very cute, very smart, and I am the proudest papa in the world. So don't get me wrong here.

DJMaxwell

As Seen In Real Life
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, when it comes to women, if the only muscle on their face that actually moves is the lower lip....I do not find that attractive.

Agreed, but anything I add to this thought (like why older women are appealing, regardless of their wrinkles) is likely to stray into Adults Only territory, so I'll refrain from doing so.

I now have over two hundred little notes, partial first chapters, and partial outlines to various story ideas I've had in the past few months and I'm seriously considering deleting them at this point (this is aside from the MS I'm halfway done with and several others that are a little less developed). I'm not really resisting the urge to delete my literary 'scraps' for any practical reason, but rather that I find the whole idea to be extremely distasteful, like I'm going to be losing a part of myself if I go through with it. *sighs*

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed, but anything I add to this thought (like why older women are appealing, regardless of their wrinkles) is likely to stray into Adults Only territory, so I'll refrain from doing so.

Dude! This is the Cantina! We have a dong garden and hot men stored in the freezer for casual use. I really, really don't think that saying you find older women attractive would go over badly here.

Now, if you are talking, 90 year old hunchbacks, you might get teased a bit...

but only a little.

And only if you aren't a 90 year old "get off my lawn you damn kids" geezer yourself.

DJMaxwell

As Seen In Real Life
Registered
Reaction score
Dude! This is the Cantina! We have a dong garden and hot men stored in the freezer for casual use. I really, really don't think that saying you find older women attractive would go over badly here.

Haha, will do. What I was going to say is that while gerontophilia isn't exactly my thing (and the woman in question was likely twenty years younger than Joan), I did know this one cougar a few years back who had an interesting skill of a hip-moving variety... *shivers*

Anyways, there's a certain appeal to an older woman that's far more important than whether her face has been stapled back to her ears or not (rather violent visual there, but that's how I see plastic surgery).

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
*ponders whether she's old or not*

Not for cougar reasons, mind you, but I can't imagine botox at 20-something. I can't imaging botox now. I mean, we're supposed to age. It's okay.

Not smoking, staying out of the sun (or wearing sunscreen), keeping hydrated, and using a good moisturizer will do more long term than injecting crap into you, anyway.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I really should have mentioned this, but...

While it won't go over badly in a social context, it will be entertaining for me to watch if any of the local ladies take an interest in you.

:popcorn:

I'm a bad boy.:e2paperba

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyways, there's a certain appeal to an older woman that's far more important than whether her face has been stapled back to her ears or not (rather violent visual there, but that's how I see plastic surgery).

Experience counts.

*nods sagely*

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Are you implying we're all old? :guns:

Also, I may have just found the saddest video on the entire internet.

1. I am 42 years old. So, anything younger than me is young. Anything more than 20 years older than me is approaching old, but may or may not be there depending on attitude, health, and my approaching birthday. So, I feel that with those conditions. NO.

1A. Short answer, Not me, uh uh, I would not imply anything like that, it would be dangerous.

2. That may be the saddest video on the internet, but I cannot watch it. Video with shaking camera shots give me massive headaches. I have walked out of two movies already, returned unwatched several dvds for that reason. I apologize.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
my cat just ran into the underside of my chair at approximately mach 5

My cats do that, right after a trip to the litter box.
Usually a smelly trip...

Oh, the feline "I meant to do that" look. I know that look well.

If my neighbours (party walls) are upset with me tomorrow because of loud laughter at 1.30 in the morning, I am *so* blaming you three. :roll:

I may be a weird man though.

That's kinda why I like you, Debio. :) Weird people FTW!

IoN, I think I'm going to need to get rid of my bedside rug. I keep waking up to chewing noises and finding Sophie(1) sitting on it pulling up the pile (it's a loop pile, machine punched rug for those into that sort of thing. I'm glad it's not hand punched, but that means one of my favourite hobbies(2) is a complete no-go with her in the house.) and chewing on it. That sound... that chewing sound... has led to some interesting nightmares, as well. Spidery nightmares. *shudder* :scared:

1) my older kitten, i.e. 'not Fezzy'
2) what? No one else makes rugs? That's not even my weirdest hobby... I make soap, too.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I gave up fighting my weirdness 30 years ago. I have embraced the Geek. He is me.

I got manga, in Japanese, on my shelf.
Computer games ranging from Bard's tale to Warcraft 3 on my shelf.
Linux on my laptops.
I programmed an AD&D character generator in Applesoft Basic in 1982.

Those are the geek traits. The weird comes in with my humor. You've seen it. Nuff said.

DJMaxwell

As Seen In Real Life
Registered
Reaction score
Are you implying we're all old? :guns:

I think he was, and that was very mean of him. What do you say we talk about what a jerk he is at my place, with a little champagne maybe?

... and now I stop that before I really get kicked for sexual harassment, haha.

Also, I may have just found the saddest video on the entire internet.

I used to watch that like twenty years ago along with Care Bears, and although I have no shame in it, I can't imagine being in my twenties and still a fan of either...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2. That may be the saddest video on the internet, but I cannot watch it. Video with shaking camera shots give me massive headaches. I have walked out of two movies already, returned unwatched several dvds for that reason. I apologize.

Blair Witch gave me a migraine, and I haven't watched - and likely never will - Cloverfield yet for the same reason.

But the audio alone on that McD's pony one was worth it.

:D

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
I can't imagine being in my twenties and still a fan of either...

yeah, it doesn't really make sense again until you're in your thirties. ;)

I hear the new ponies show is epically awesome, though. I haven't seen it, because I only had four channels until a few months ago and still don't watch much telly unless it involves The Hairy Bikers or Stephen Fry...

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I mentioned geeks earlier. I have just run across the perfect example of "Geek Bait"

AW's The Sandbox

Enjoy

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
I gave up fighting my weirdness 30 years ago. I have embraced the Geek. He is me.

Yeah, I did that about 20 years ago, but I'm a few years younger than you and was a few years older when I did it... I just decided, "Well, *I* like me, so if other people don't, they're not worth my time." Transformative experience, got out of a small town, embraced my inner weirdo, blah, blah. :) Ta for the link, btw, I'll have a look. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.