Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hold your elbows close to your torso or find an object to rest on. The rest sounds great.

And Ali- can I skip work and join you? I'll bring pure cocoa.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Having a dog, cat and horse on the Sims really makes we wish I had at least one in real life. :(

I need to take a shower.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The vet bills are prolly cheaper on the Sims

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Blah. So I looked closer at Blueberry's wing. There is tissue engulfing a feather shaft. That's not good. I felt it again and it still seems to go beyond his wrist. That's not good. He's still flying well, making fracture or injury unlikely. Since primaries are important for lift, I slowly lowered him to the gound and saw how well he flew up at a sharp angle to an area 5' up. He had absolutely no problem maintaining a balanced flight with his good and bad wing. That's not good.

So it's a big ugly tumor but it's not bothering him. If it hasn't spread he might make a happy amputee. If it has spread, at least he's happy and fit now.

Also, I moved his appt up to Saturday. Yay for Saturday hours.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I killed it.

Poor thread. It's not even the weekend.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sian, save us with kitteh videos.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Trying a new strategy with potty training today. I have high hopes. That will be dashed I'm sure, but for now, they are high. :)

My hopes stayed high and were rewarded. :)

:Hug2: Fen. Blueberry is lucky to have you as an owner. To be so caring and knowledgeable is a great thing. :)

And good luck Gina!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody ever seen a pilot episode for a TV show called Continuum???

Awesome! I am now unfortunately hooked, and I will have to Hulu it :D

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and since you're going to Les Misérables you should probably be prepared for the possibility of me talking your hear off about it when you get back. Because it's far too rare that I meet someone who's seen that show.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Oh yeah, and since you're going to Les Misérables you should probably be prepared for the possibility of me talking your hear off about it when you get back. Because it's far too rare that I meet someone who's seen that show.

Just so you know, this is the new 25th Anniversary version, complete with Victor Hugo paintings and brighter costumes and lights. :)

There's a review in my local paper here:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...costumes-lighting-in-revamped-les-miz-670162/

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I assume she's going to the movie version? Did she mention the theater production and did I miss it?

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
The vet bills are prolly cheaper on the Sims
Yep, because there are none. :D

I'm hoping the for the best for Blueberry.

...off to thing-that-may-be-a-date soon. Will report back.
Have fun. :)

Now I'm going to throw in my geek card for the evening and watch a special scrimmage hockey game for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
This is a Public Service Announcement from the Nation of Lilithia, reminding all of its people and those abroad to keep an eye on your e-mail accounts after you've sent an e-mail but have not yet received a reply for it. Because nothing makes you feel stupider than realizing that you got a response over two weeks before.

:e2smack:

Last edited:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't that how Cornish people refer to tourists? ;)

I'm sure they have many interesting words for tourists. :D

You ever get that thing when a song really reminds you of something but you just can't figure out what? I got that right now...

It is reminding me of the Titanic theme, though the generic "this is melancholy" theme has popped up in a lot of stuff over the last twenty years.

...off to thing-that-may-be-a-date soon. Will report back.

We expect to get news of how it went. :)

Anybody ever seen a pilot episode for a TV show called Continuum???

I'm woefully behind on television. Actually, I've largely stopped watching anything as it is broadcast as I'll never see two episodes in a row, hence the box-sets of DVDs everywhere...

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I'm woefully behind on television. Actually, I've largely stopped watching anything as it is broadcast as I'll never see two episodes in a row, hence the box-sets of DVDs everywhere...
I'm becoming largely the same. The only TV show nowadays that I will watch as broadcast is Doctor Who. Because my inner-nerd won't let me do otherwise.

Most of my viewing now is watching old shows that I just never knew about at the time. Babylon 5 is latest on my list, though how far into it I'll get before getting distracted by something else is a question no mortal being can answer.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks. I wrote lots today. I still only have 12 days to make this character less frickin' generic though.

I have seen episodes of Continuum and liked it. Wait... Continuum is the one with the time-travelling revolutionaries, right? Or is that Revolution? Or something else? All the one-word titles have me bass-ackwards. Anyway, I liked the one with time-travelling revolutionaries. :D

:Hug2:s to you and Blueberry, Fen.

As for examples of theologically-motivated stuffs... While there was no huge military uprising (partially due to the ancient Egyptians being relatively peaceful as far as whole societies go), there was no love lost for Akhenaten. I think you might get some good stuff if you look at other empires throughout history where the ruler(s) have claimed divinity, divine right, or anything of the sort- English monarchs having already been mentioned, try some emperors of Asia, and the ancient Mesopotamians, Mayans, and a few more.

Also, I am a doofus. What I thought was a case of heartburn turned out to be a sore throat. D'oh. You know it's flu season when the drugstore is like 80% sold out of the good coughdrops. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.