AW's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
Glass, bottle, keg or IV on that Baileys?

At least you get vacation. My boss always insists on having the last two weeks of the year so I can never take vacay during the holidays. :(

all of the above on Baileys this week so far has been :rant: I think everyone knows I am a short timer before vacation and they are piling it on me. Doesn't help that part of my job is helpdesk, part is programming, part is tech. writing, part is just pleasing anyone with a complaint about programs we are supporting. So if it doesn't get better will need the IV. :Headbang: Oh to top it all off husband has the flu and is home sick....:flag:

I'm sorry you can't take vacation during holiday, I worked a job for several years that I was in the same boat. Finally told family we are celebrating Orthodox Christmas (second week in January usually) and I played all the classic christmas movies and took vacation then. Even went to Christmas Mass at orthodox church for about three years. It gave me an excuse to leave tree up longer too

Last edited:

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that ocurred to me as I sent that.

Somehow I'm not surprised that Porter has intimate friends who are whales.

ooooh no. This was much closer than Porter's intimate friends.

*shudders*

Can we stop talking about this? I'm getting nightmares. And I'm not even asleep!

I need some cheesecake.
*Looks at platter*

What? All gone?

Never mind.

*takes out a new one from backpack*

ALL MINE!!!

I'm NOT sharing this one!

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
* Makes shot glasses out of roasted marshmallows, fills with white chocolate Godiva for all...*

:drool

*puts big platter on the table*

COME GET YOUR...

QUADRUPLE-LAYERED CHEESECAKE!
1) BISCUIT (COOKIE) BASE
2) THICK MILK CHOCOLATE CHEESE LAYER
3) EVEN THICKERWHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESE LAYER
4) CHOCOLATE BAILEY FUDGE TOPPING

:drool:drool
*runs in and scurries down into the trapdoor amidst a soothing puff of glitter*

Pkbax, I think I will join you in hiding here. The horror in those places is just...:gaah

I need a drink. And cheesecake!

Please, join me.

all of the above on Baileys this week so far has been :rant: I think everyone knows I am a short timer before vacation and they are piling it on me. Doesn't help that part of my job is helpdesk, part is programming, part is tech. writing, part is just pleasing anyone with a complaint about programs we are supporting. So if it doesn't get better will need the IV. :Headbang: Oh to top it all off husband has the flu and is home sick....:flag:

I'm sorry you can't take vacation during holiday, I worked a job for several years that I was in the same boat. Finally told family we are celebrating Orthodox Christmas (second week in January usually) and I played all the classic christmas movies and took vacation then. Even went to Christmas Mass at orthodox church for about three years. It gave me an excuse to leave tree up longer too

Oh, at least I get Christmas day off now - I used to have to work almost every one of them. But old as dust boss who really needs needed to retire ages ago feels she has "earned the right" to it every year. And now she is buying a new house so she'll never retire :Headbang:

Oh

My

Helpdesk is bad enough. Programming (then, ooh, let me guess, being told that the program doesn't do what they want it to do but it's not their fault if they told you they wanted it to something entirely different than they really wanted) well. . . uhm. . . a challenge. But complaint desk, too?

And a hubby with the flu?

You need more than an IV of Baileys! You need the auto-keg transfer so it keeps switching to a new keg when one runs out.
*sets it up

Locke

Lost the instruction manual
Registered
Reaction score

This is why I'm still in my job doing Excel/VBA and not taking my game to the next level with Java or Python in pursuit of a better cubicle. I don't want a better cubicle.

Well, I do, but if I can't have it in my current job then I'm happy spending my GOBS of hourly downtime writing browsing AW.

Jill Karg

Registered
Reaction score
Walk into Pub and see the smoking Camel in the back of it and remember ahhhhhhh it's hump day. Poured a whiskey shot and slid it down to Camel and he picked it and downed in one gulp then tipped his hat to me.:hat:

I place christmas cookies on the bar and pip in the christmas jazz music before leaving for another grueling day at work....countdown......4 working days before vacation!:Clap:

JRHardesty

Journeyman Harper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lindensaga.blogspot.com
*kicks door in, looks around* Nice place ya got here. Needs a spittoon, 'less ya want me ter spit on the floor. *acchhh, ptui!* There, that's better. Barkeep, gimme a shot of redeye.

*receives same* *gurgle*

Ahh! That's much better! I feel human again. I say, bartender, a glass of Lagavulin 16, if you please. *notices tobacco juice on floor* Ahhh, I see I have fouled the floor. My apologies. A mop, good sir, and I shall undo what I have done. Thank you! *mops floor, returns mop*

Well, as I see no "No Smoking" signs.... *lights cigar*

Ahhh, now I can truly relax here with you fine folk. Cheers!

Last edited:

Jill Karg

Registered
Reaction score
The christmas countdown...commencing in....5..4..3..2..1......

6 days before Christmas.....
Buy presents for kid...... :Thumbs: got it done I think
Wrap presents for kid..... :Headbang: nope one present wrapped only.
Hide unwrap gifts from kid and husband.... :eek: Really!!!!
Still shopping to do for rest of family...:e2thud:which includes....wrapping them gifts...

Ok better give me a double shot of Crown...and keep it coming.

Jill Karg

Registered
Reaction score
Wait a minute, it's almost Christmas? If only they had advertised somewhere.

Your not a grinch dragon are you, Jed? Can just hear all the wee little elves singing "Your a mean one Dragon Jed...."

Jill Karg

Registered
Reaction score
And that's why they are outside shovelling snow for the next sixty eight days.

Now they are predicting a dusting of snow christmas eve so those elves are giving you rasberries and mooning your right now Jed.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh, I see I have fouled the floor. My apologies. A mop, good sir, and I shall undo what I have done. Thank you! *mops floor, returns mop*

Well, as I see no "No Smoking" signs.... *lights cigar*

Ahhh, now I can truly relax here with you fine folk. Cheers!

Welcome the pub! Thanks for cleaning up your mess, I truly do appreciate it. So will the pub minion whenever he comes in.

As to the "no smoking". . .
:roll:

With a dragon as an owner?? And another dragon who frequents? Not lighting up would be very difficult around here.

We have no rules except no 8-legged creatures and no OJ.

omg please don't remind me.

I have bought no presents.

I have wrapped no gifts.

I have had a lot of double shots though.

Welcome!
*slides over some more double shots

*pours self large, very large, Baileys and downs it one swig

Ah. . . I needed that. Boss decided to come in today in spite of having scheduled vacation. And Boss is closing on a new house tomorrow, thus adding to her fear of not having enough money to retire. This means she probably will do what she has threatened and work until she dies on the job.

Jill Karg

Registered
Reaction score
*pours self large, very large, Baileys and downs it one swig

Ah. . . I needed that. Boss decided to come in today in spite of having scheduled vacation. And Boss is closing on a new house tomorrow, thus adding to her fear of not having enough money to retire. This means she probably will do what she has threatened and work until she dies on the job.

Uggh, hate when they do that, I'm still counting down.....1 day left before vacation:hooray::hooray::hooray:....only here for an hour and half longer today (have an eye doctor's appt). Another gal that shares the area I work in said, "I'll be here on Wednesday didn't have to be but wanted to let you and other guy have day off. (she is part timer) I smiled and said thank you but also thought, wouldn't have effected me, this is just one of my duties not my entire job and I'm covering for both of you all the time.:e2tongue:

I will insert the IV in you for your bailey's drip before leaving tomorrow pk. I write like a doctor so think I can wing it.

auntypsychotic

TWENTY-TWO A DAY
Registered
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Can I puh-leeze have a quadrupel Black Bush somebody?

Ari take your dog self over to your corner and lay down. No, you cannot play with the dragon even if he is almost your size.

Oh Bog! I just sent off the full that was requested (my first - no cherry here) and now I may just throw up.

Ah! Wonder Booze! I may live.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Ari take your dog self over to your corner and lay down. No, you cannot play with the dragon even if he is almost your size.
This is like my childhood all over again.

Oh Bog! I just sent off the full that was requested (my first - no cherry here) and now I may just throw up.

Ah! Wonder Booze! I may live.

Congrats on the request, and good luck. I'm sure the agent will love it. Expect good things in the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.