Greetings and salutations

risk10

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Absolute Writers!

My name is Chris, and I live and work in Adelaide, South Australia.

I have been writing, on and off, for well over a decade now, but do not have the wherewithal to complete a significant work...yet.

I enjoy a wide range of fiction - but generally write Sci-fi, Fantasy and Horror.

I am happy to provide any insight into people's work (and will get to this in the coming days) and look forward to joining what seems to be a vibrant and active writer's board.

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAKE THE RISK

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Chris. I'm Patrick, and I bid you welcome to the mystical and often gin-soaked shores that we call AW.

Don't know much about Adelaide, but I'm a huge Midnight Oil fan...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

holy heidi

full of beans
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Chris! Welcome. Horror writing, eh? What's your favorite book (in that or any genre)? (I just popped over to your profile to try to find a better conversation starter but you have no profile. HORROR! I obviously am not a horror writer. But one of my favorite books is Curse of the Wendigo by Yancey which I think is gothic horror YA?)

risk10

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

@Patrick - I used to like "The Oils" too, until their lead singer (Peter Garrat) tried his hand at politics with disastrous results!

@Claire - I will look out for your work!

@Holy Heidi - Yeah, I was a bit slack with my profile. I have since populated it. Feel free to take a look and, if you aren't too put off, perhaps we'll see more of each other in the AWC. As for horror as a genre, I see elements of horror across genres and thus horror can be extremely broad. I have not read Curse of the Wendigo but I can safely assume it has horror elements.

@all others - thanks for the welcome wagon. I am looking forward to becoming a bit of a fixture here :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAKE THE RISK

lily-abstraction

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I read horror in the guise of Stephen King but have avoided it elsewhere. Perhaps I've dismissed it too soon. Many people I respect read widely in that genre.

Applicious

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Chris, welcome too the forums! :) So you write horror. Have you ever read Reddit No Sleep? I didn't really read horror until my friend showed me that. There's some real creativity on that site, and you can post stuff too. I'm debating posting something there myself. :)