Hi *waves*

Applicious

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. :) My nickname is Apples, and I'm here to hopefully learn more about the writing process and connect with other writers. Also, I could always use writer friends who know how to give useful feedback to writing critiques.

Nice to meet you! Hope your holidays are fabulous!

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Apples!

Always lovely to connect with a fledgling writer! You'll find more help on these boards than you'll know what to do with, so I hope you're prepared... we're a motley bunch.

What kind of writing do you enjoy?

holy heidi

full of beans
Registered
Reaction score
Yay another YA writer! (why yes i did check your profile.) Welcome to you! Holidays--do you do much to celebrate? What's your favorite part of the season? i like the 22nd onward because then it gets lighter every day.

i brought a stumpy tree into my home the other day but only just cut the netting off. It's not yet decorated. I'm bad at this.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Applicious

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Apples!

Always lovely to connect with a fledgling writer! You'll find more help on these boards than you'll know what to do with, so I hope you're prepared... we're a motley bunch.

What kind of writing do you enjoy?

Hi, nice to meet you! I enjoy writing YA and soft-core speculative fiction. I'm hoping to finish up my science fiction anthology over break. :) How about you?

Applicious

Registered
Reaction score
Yay another YA writer! (why yes i did check your profile.) Welcome to you! Holidays--do you do much to celebrate? What's your favorite part of the season? i like the 22nd onward because then it gets lighter every day.

i brought a stumpy tree into my home the other day but only just cut the netting off. It's not yet decorated. I'm bad at this.

Yeah! *high fives* And I see you like writing musical theatre. That's pretty cool! What is it exactly? I wrote a script once that seemed like it would make an awesome musical, if the story hadn't been all over the place. XD

Ha ha, it's ok, decorating is boring. :p The effects are beautiful though, especially the lights. We're all set up for Christmas here, now if I could just finish the Christmas shopping...

So far this year I've been enjoying the entire Christmas season because I've been off from school and have no homework. :D During the break I plan on finishing up some unfinished work on my stories and then spend the time with my Dad, who I don't get to see much. I think it'll be fun. :)

holy heidi

full of beans
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah! *high fives* And I see you like writing musical theatre. That's pretty cool! What is it exactly? I wrote a script once that seemed like it would make an awesome musical, if the story hadn't been all over the place. XD

Well! What is writing musical theatre. Hm. I do book and lyrics, which is basically the script+the song lyrics, and I collaborate with various composers who are musically talented (which I am not.) One of the biggest differences I have found between writing musicals and writing novels is, in musicals, you leave a lot unsaid because the music gives the deeper emotion. But in novels, you leave a lot unsaid because you show it instead. :)

What was your script about? Are you ever going to revise and try to put it up?

So far this year I've been enjoying the entire Christmas season because I've been off from school and have no homework. :D During the break I plan on finishing up some unfinished work on my stories and then spend the time with my Dad, who I don't get to see much. I think it'll be fun. :)

Those sound like great plans! Family and writing and NO HOMEWORK YAY!

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, nice to meet you! I enjoy writing YA and soft-core speculative fiction. I'm hoping to finish up my science fiction anthology over break. :) How about you?

I, too, am a YA writer. I just published my first novel in ebook form this week. It's not fantasy, but tackles social issues like bullying. I'm extremely proud of it!

Now I have to master the art of convincing people to read it. We all hope that the stories we write are just so damn awesome that they'll sell themselves, but...

Writing an anthology? That's bold. I wish you the very best of luck!

Applicious

Registered
Reaction score
I, too, am a YA writer. I just published my first novel in ebook form this week. It's not fantasy, but tackles social issues like bullying. I'm extremely proud of it!

Now I have to master the art of convincing people to read it. We all hope that the stories we write are just so damn awesome that they'll sell themselves, but...

Writing an anthology? That's bold. I wish you the very best of luck!

Yay! Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment. :)

Ha ha, tell me about it. Publishing a book requires becoming a salesman. :p

Well, the anthology is just for me. It's not real sci-fi, just Apples' weird version of what sci-fi looks like. XD Hey, it's good practice and I like it, and that's all I care about.