Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish it would just fix itself. I've tried taking it on dates, talking sweet to it, and even rubbing it slowly with a nice wax. My car just isn't that into me. I don't know what that guy did to get Christine to like him so much.
I pound on the dashboard. :Shrug: That usually works.

Though...:idea: mine *did* catch on fire the other day. Maybe that was its way of telling me it was tired of the abuse.

Second thought, don't pound on the dashboard. Just in case.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
wow, your car caught on fire? :O Details!! Were you and the kids in it? :scared:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, no one was in it (which kind of makes it more bizarre, in a way). Yes, fortunately no one was in it. It was just sitting on the street. Then it was engulfed in flames. (that might be a slight exaggeration, but only a slight one :D)

Don't know exactly what caused it, but it was totaled. :e2bummed: It is in a graveyard now. Except for the tires, we stripped those. They were new and we may be able to resell them.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:( aw...so sorry about your car. :Hug2: Really happy that no one was in it, though. How does a car go about bursting into flames when no ones driving it? Vandalism?

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I have a thing for Italian cars. Once I get a garage so I can work on stuff, I plan on getting a car to work on. I'm thinking maybe a Jeep basket case or something like that. Of course, affording to own an Italian car is way out of my league right now, but maybe it'll happen when I'm in my 50's.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
For some reason, my internet is running slow, so I'm going to have to get off of here before I throw my computer. :e2bummed: later hounds. :hi:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
So... you think the fire was an electrical fault, right?

And you want to buy an Italian car?

Um...

Haven't you read anything about Italian vehicle electrics? Even I know they are not to be trusted.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
So... you think the fire was an electrical fault, right?

And you want to buy an Italian car?

Um...

Haven't you read anything about Italian vehicle electrics? Even I know they are not to be trusted.

No, Soapy wants to buy a British car....a Mini Cooper, which they used in the movie The Italian Job.

I want to buy an Italian car and I know full well how crappy the electrical systems can be. The newer ones, not so much. I believe the saying amongst Top Gear writers is, "You're not a proper petrolhead until you've been left stranded on the side of the road by an Alfa Romeo."

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
No, Soapy wants to buy a British car....a Mini Cooper, which they used in the movie The Italian Job.

This is why I shouldn't skim while hunting W3 for problems on another open window...

I believe the saying amongst Top Gear writers is, "You're not a proper petrolhead until you've been left stranded on the side of the road by an Alfa Romeo."

They are also the idiots who tried to turn a car into a rocket, and we all know how well they think things through.

I've spent the last decade (on and off) drooling over images of the Edsel mk.1 and the other delights from the 50s - back before cars all began taking on a box-like appearance. Back then, style was the key. Gods, even the tractor adverts from old magazines are cool. I have no idea how much I would spend if I decided I wanted a car, but it would horrify everyone...

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
They are also the idiots who tried to turn a car into a rocket, and we all know how well they think things through.

I've spent the last decade (on and off) drooling over images of the Edsel mk.1 and the other delights from the 50s - back before cars all began taking on a box-like appearance. Back then, style was the key. Gods, even the tractor adverts from old magazines are cool. I have no idea how much I would spend if I decided I wanted a car, but it would horrify everyone...

The Reliant Robin didn't look to be much more stable on the the road anyways.

I had a chance to get an Edsel Mk1 a few years ago in pretty good condition. It was a barn find somebody picked up years ago. If I had a garage, I would have snagged it up.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The Reliant Robin didn't look to be much more stable on the the road anyways.

:roll:

I've seen them tottering around, and they look freakin' ridiculous. Like... Someone sneezed when it was being designed or something. You have to admit though, it takes serious stones to drive something like that.

I had a chance to get an Edsel Mk1 a few years ago in pretty good condition. It was a barn find somebody picked up years ago. If I had a garage, I would have snagged it up.

You're gonna make me jealous. :)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I finished the basic outline for my WIP Dark Horizons this evening. It came in at just under 8 thousand words and will form the basic framework of what might become a series as I'm looking more and more of making this into a kind of "mission a book" sort of thing with the outline forming the overall story arc for the first years' adventures which is what I was thinking when I first started writing the outline in the first place.

Tomorrow, I start Chapter One... and raise the word count goal to 2 thousand words a day.

Now, if I can just get people to leave me the hell alone while I'm working instead of having random strangers come up and introduce themselves as if I'm not busy doing something that doesn't involve them.

:)

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
I have a thing for Italian cars. Once I get a garage so I can work on stuff, I plan on getting a car to work on. I'm thinking maybe a Jeep basket case or something like that. Of course, affording to own an Italian car is way out of my league right now, but maybe it'll happen when I'm in my 50's.
Italian car? You'll need a garage, and then you'll still get to watch it rust before your eyes. But till it does, it will probable be beautiful. But what about your van?

Status
Not open for further replies.