Hello, folks

Siipis

Infomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, folks. I've been hanging around the edges of AW for a while already, mostly on the IRC channel, and I figured it's due time I make my membership official. I'm working on a fantasy novel, but I'm not particularly good at finishing it. Or more correctly, I'm not good at editing it, as I'm writing based on an old manuscript that isn't publishable in itself, but has a lot of world building potential. I'm learning more and more as I go, so I'm confident I'll get it right soon enough.

What else... I'm not much of a forum person, so expect me to do more lurking than posting. I sometimes disappear for long times altogether for one reason or another, but I like the AW community, so I'll be back... sooner or later.

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Siipis.

If you're looking for quality editors, I'm sure you'll find a whole bunch of people here who think they're great... and a few that actually are.

Welcome to you too, Matty!

Siipis

Infomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Siipis.

If you're looking for quality editors, I'm sure you'll find a whole bunch of people here who think they're great... and a few that actually are.

Welcome to you too, Matty!
Heh, thanks. I'm in the lucky albeit terrifying situation where I have an editor working for a certain local publisher interested in my work, but I still have nothing finished to show him. It's still a good warning, especially because the wrong sort of person can ruin your work for you by giving you advice that conflicts with what rings true to the story. May all of us steer clear of editors like these.

Layla Lawlor

Registered
Reaction score
I guess I've already been talking to you over in the other forum, so I ought to come say hello here like a properly well-brought-up person. :D Hello!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Siipis

Infomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone.

And thanks to regdog for a reminder about the rules. I don't write in English, though, so I doubt posting my writings here would be very useful. :D

holy heidi

full of beans
Registered
Reaction score
Aw man, edits and editors are like my favorite. It's so lonely to write and you get so deep in the weeds sometimes; editors can come in with a weedwacker or a pruner as needed to clear things up!

Anyway Siipis welcome! :)