Hello world

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I'd say hi. I've been writing for a while now and (finally!) finished a novel. I'm basically here looking for beta-readers, but it looks like there's some cool forums here, so I'll probably spend some time on those.

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
It's a superhero novel...more "character" oriented than action-oriented, though there's definitely action in it. I've been working on it for about 3 years(!), and I think it's finally turned into something, but of course I'm biased :) which is why I need other opinions. PM me if you're interested.

KaylaChr

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Your book sounds interesting. Have you written a back cover blurb for it yet? I'd love to read it.

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
No, no blurb yet...I want to get the content tweaked first, then I'll worry about the blurb! ;)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

holy heidi

full of beans
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, tracked you down to your thread. :) Superhero book, eh? Who's your favorite superhero? I'm under pseudonym here so can I just admit that I loved Unbreakable?

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there M S Wilson. If you ever write science fiction, our books will likely be side by side. I go by M H Wilson. Cool!

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, tracked you down to your thread. :) Superhero book, eh? Who's your favorite superhero? I'm under pseudonym here so can I just admit that I loved Unbreakable?

I'm probably going to destroy all my cred here, but I haven't seen Unbreakable yet. :Shrug:

My favourite is probably Spider-Man, since he was the first one I really got into as a kid.

M.S. Wilson

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there M S Wilson. If you ever write science fiction, our books will likely be side by side. I go by M H Wilson. Cool!

Ha, that is cool! My name is Mike, but there's already a million Mike/Michael Wilsons out there, and it seems like at least half of them are writers!

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
Mine is Melvin and I don't think there are too many writers with that name. I chose M H only because it sounds more like an author. Some of my friends joke and call me Arthur M Wilson. As far as I know, I'm the only author named M H Wilson out there.

holy heidi

full of beans
Registered
Reaction score
I'm probably going to destroy all my cred here, but I haven't seen Unbreakable yet. :Shrug:

My favourite is probably Spider-Man, since he was the first one I really got into as a kid.

Spiderman is also epic; I love the humble nerd angle! I constantly forget which universe he is in though. Basically i'm 100% sure you have more superhero cred than me :)

Shrykespeare

Patron Saint of Self-Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a clue... if Stan Lee has a cameo in the movie, it's Marvel. Just like you can tell a Pixar movie by the presence of John Ratzenberger.

holy heidi

full of beans
Registered
Reaction score
That is good to know, while I know it. I have a brain like swiss cheese, Skrykespeare. :) Even now the neurons are endeavoring to return to their native clueless state.