The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Juuuuuuust waiting for it to be time to wake K up and head to the airport.

♫whistle♪

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Morning, gang. Congrats on all the wordage! Woke up at 5 am and the orange cat decided it was "vampire mom's neck" time.

Then I got 3 worldbuilding ideas for the YA, which is the part The Agent says I have to go deeper into. Yay, brain! I memorized them while I was falling back to sleep and wrote them down when I woke up. *whew*

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Then I got 3 worldbuilding ideas for the YA, which is the part The Agent says I have to go deeper into. Yay, brain! I memorized them while I was falling back to sleep and wrote them down when I woke up. *whew*

Yay! Also, can I have that skill please? I think of stuff all the time when I'm in no place to record it in any way, and then forget it. Sigh.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Purgies!

(((Lisa))) and (((KT))) for the pain issues and headache.

Clovia and K - safe travels!

WD - 8K in a day? :Hail: Damn, I average 10K a month, when I'm in the groove.

Dragon - Juice? (You are a bad, bad, Dragon. Ketchup, yes. Juice, no.)

lwalker - WOOT! for subconscious complex sentence structure. (Sounds kinda sexy, in a writerly sort of way.)

Lily - Yay! for world-building, and double-yay! for remembering when you woke up.

(((Rick))) Was a ticket issued? It should have been to the other guy for unsafe lane change.
I got out of the car after the accident and complained, and to his credit, the other guy admitted it was his fault. A cop showed up, but he said we were in a "no fault zone" (Washington D.C.) so he couldn't assign fault. And the only way he could write it up was to issue both of us tickets, so we both decided pfffft on that. We'll see if the guy changes his story when the insurance company contacts him.

My understanding is that the content of the page determines what ads are displayed by Google. What were we talking about?
rosie, craig does the brits pround, doesn't he?
Kiddo #2 (K-4 Education Major in college) was telling me last night there are different kinds of Dyslexia - letters, words, numbers, etc. Even one kind where the reader rearranges the words in a sentence. I must have several kinds, because I read Cindy's post as - "Rosie, craig pounds Brits, doesn't he?" That must be why I was getting single ads at the top of the page. (Now I'm getting a pick-up truck ad.)

Aside: why must the children jump off the furniture upstairs? It sounds like the sky is falling.
They've been watching the new Bond movie commercials.

Last night I had the wrestling match from Hell. We're getting rid of all the stuff in the Rec Room. (It's still decked out for a toddler and Kiddo #3 is embarrassed, now that she's in middle school.) So all the Bitty Baby and American Girl Doll stuff got put away, as well as her kitchen and other "let's play house" stuff. I had to fold up one of those 4-by-6 foot Playhut tents that fold down into a flat 2-foot circular arrangement, and it was like wrestling with an octopus. I hate being outsmarted by a stoopid tent, and I had to resort to a Google search for YouTube videos on how to fold the damn thing up, and finally found one pretty close to our design and figured it out.

All right, coffee's gone. Time to get to work. First up is spackling, sanding, and painting the holes I cut in the dining room ceiling from the leak I got during Sandy. My outside repairs seem to have worked; no more leaks.

Rick, a whiz with caulk

ETA: After my "Craig pounds Brits" post above, the single ads are back.

Last edited:

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what ad is supposed to be up there right now, but the Corporate Firewall of Doom is blocking it. *nodnod*

Mornin' folk!

You ever have one of those neat ideas that would be a cool extra little detail to a story you have going, only when you really start trying to apply it, it changes so many things that you then have to have workarounds to account for the changes, and it just gets really complicated? Yeah. That.

Rick - We have one of those tent thingies. I think I put it up once, and took it down once, and we haven't had it up since.

Is it the weekend yet?

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
.....I now have an ad for Frosted Flakes. In Spanish.

WTF???

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Got hit with a nasty stomach bug last night. I was a sick puppy. Doing a bit better now. I'm really tired. So, hopefully, this all gets better quickly. I have to help a friend fetch her mother from out of state tomorrow.

I plan on getting some writing done today.

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
WooHoo got 2 more chapters from Editor... Once I get it all edited and purty then I can get a page count to the Pub and a template for the cover and put my precious together and HOPE for a release on time (12-12-12)

Come on 5:00 so I can go home and get some work done. lol

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Morning, Purgatory!

Hm, I'm not getting any cute Singles ads either. Boo. I could use some cute. ;)

Yay for SNI's and general wordage!

Good luck with the extra world building stuff, Lily!

So, remember when I was saying that my sleep deprivation wasn't actually all that bad yet yesterday...well, after four hours of sleep I wake up to my phone mysteriously ringing and Supervisor Friend asking, "Are you coming?"

It was 10:13 pm and I was supposed to be at work by 10... I didn't even hear my alarm clocks (both of them) or anything. Argh. So yeah, guess who made it in almost an hour late? Sigh. Today after school I plan on sleep. Lots of it.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, purgs! It's FRIDAY-ish. And I have 3 separate Thanksgiving plans with a total of 11 people, because when members of the SunnaFam decide not to speak to one another, nobody gives up a holiday, by god.

~*headdesk*~

But hey: I get 5 days off in a row, so f*!k it.

Hugs for all yous sick and hurting purgs.

Clovia, safe travels, and may your holiday be nag-free. :)

LW, yay! What a lovely compliment. :)

WD, holy shit. :Hail:

Rick, a whiz with caulk

~*cough*~

You don't say. :D

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Sammy)))

(((Dys)))

(((Sunna)))

Guys, please spare some vamp dust for me. I'm having a crappy day and not looking forward to an email I need to send later. I'll be in the corner, spiking the coffee with Irish whiskey.

MrsBrommers

Registered
Reaction score
Just when you think things can't get worse--that you dealt with a hospitalized baby, walking pneumonia, a sick older son, baby gets sick again--life decides to take your sweet little pug who was full of personality and just a doll and kill her after a week's battle with seizures, most likely from a brain tumor.

Josephine was only eight. A week ago, early Sunday morning, I woke up knowing something was wrong and realized she was having a seizure. Then she had another and took her to the emergency vet. We thought we got in controlled with medicines, but then she started having more and more, breaking through some very high doses of phenobarbital and Valium. The vet was coming to our house and bringing us Valium injections once or twice a day, and she still kept seizing. The last day, she slept all day and every time she woke up, she seized with the slightest activity. And I had to let her go. Our 12 year old pug is searching for her pal. My daughter and I are heartbroken. I'm still in disbelief.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
((Ink))

((Sammy))

I've got ads for vacations.

Pseudoephedrine made my head feel a lot better. Food and ibuprofen worked on the pain, but the pressure didn't subside until the decongestant. I hate fall. The humidity yo-yos like whoa and kills my sinuses.

ETA: OMG MrsBrommers, you just can't catch a break....I'm so sorry.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Sammy)))

(((Ink))) but vamp dust.

(((MrsB))) I'm so very sorry.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
mrs. b, that is awful. =((((
*hugs* so sorry for your loss on top
of all the other madness.

inkie, giving you a /bootay shake! for
luck. never like sending emails you don't
want to send...

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Rick, a whiz with caulk

I usually complain when my caulk gun whizzes.

.....I now have an ad for Frosted Flakes. In Spanish.

WTF???

Con MEGASUCRE!!!

Good morning, purgs! It's FRIDAY-ish. And I have 3 separate Thanksgiving plans with a total of 11 people, because when members of the SunnaFam decide not to speak to one another, nobody gives up a holiday, by god.

OMG, I really hope the current family truce can last until Thursday. This is the first time in a loooong time that I only have one turkey dinner to go to.

Snuggles to Mrs. B's poor lonely puppy. So sad for us when an anipal goes, but even worse for their furry buddies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all. I got out the door early, but insane people ramping up for the holiday were even earlier. At least now I don't have to go near a food store again for a while.

MrsBrommers, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, especially on top of all the other 'fun' you've been through.

Ink, whatever the email you dread, you can get through it. Even if it's tough, it beats the hell out of saying those words to the person's face. Hurray for technology, huh? Write a draft early, then return to it later to edit it into the best way to say what's got to be said.

We had something funny-weird happen last night. When we got a flat screen TV last Christmas, Mr. Maryn cashed in accumulated bank points to buy a speaker system, with a bass which makes my teeth bones vibrate.

We were watching an action movie when there was a crash. The speaker vibrated a little glazed pot off the mantle four feet away. It didn't break--of course, since I paid $1.99 for it at GoodWill--but it landed on the salt shaker that matches our china, which was on the hearth because we'd made popcorn to go with the movie.

Now Mr. Maryn's got it into his head that he'll reglue it, and never mind the point of contact with sixty-teen shards, because that's only a quarter inch across and won't matter. On a salt shaker. Right.

Maryn, shaking her head

Status
Not open for further replies.