Maryn, more coffee is always the right decision. *nods*

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My god, look what post number we're up to already.

Know what I hate about travel? Trying to figure out what coat to take. Too hot by day, too cold by night, too wet if it rains, or two suitcases?

Maryn, who dreams of packing light

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin’ Purgies!!! TGITH!!! Hello, PV8!!!

{{{Dragon}}}

{{{Caleb}}}

Yay, Haupe!

Yay, Rick!

Love the new cover, Blond! Same, Maryn!

Sorry I’ve been away for so long, but RL has gotten in the way. I heard there was good news for Ink and Roly and I had to stop by and wish a heartfelt …

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
:partyguy: :TheWave::PartySmil

For an update, the law firm I’ve been associated with for the last 14 years is closing shop for good on March 31. Fortunately, my practice group (me and 2 partners) have business of some value and we’ve been acquired by a large national law firm based in Florida (but we’ll be working out of their New York office). We’re set to start working at the new firm on March 27.

My practice group, however, used to have 4 lawyers, but my longtime colleague left at the end of last year so my work load has literally doubled since the start of January. That and the process of winding down the firm’s affairs has taken up all my work hours time. It’s a sad and exhausting experience. Any other time I have is with the kids and wife as I'm coming home later now and I try to maximize what little time I have. I used to have time to surf the net at my job and hang out with everyone here but, unfortunately, that time is gone.

I was able to finish the first draft of a new book in December, but have stopped writing since then. I'm still on sub (going on 7 months), but there is no news on that front. So my writing life, for the time being, is on hiatus. It saddens me and being no longer in “the struggle” with all you guys makes me feel like a groupie, LOL. But, of course, I’ll keep buying all your books. :D

Hopefully in the coming months my work load will become stabilized and I can hang out with everyone again. Maybe, also, I could start writing again too.

Love you all and I’ll check in again as soon as I can.

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon, Purgatory!

Thank you for all the reps and hugs considering the living situation. My strategy for now is to continue avoiding as much as possible. Housemate M is gone for work this week, which is unfortunate, but in less than a week I'll be gone travelling myself.

We do plan on moving, but it's awkward with M's further travelling and him needing to save up more for a deposit. I'm hoping that we'll have found somewhere by the end of March, and I think I'll just have to put my foot down and insist we get a move on in the small frame of time we have in the month. (M, not getting the brunt of this, doesn't feel moving is quite as urgent as I do. :rolleyes:)

M also keeps pointing out that not everyone will like me in life, which is true--it just hasn't happened so forcefully in a living situation before!

I am utterly behind, but Ink and Roly, could I please get belated reps? Thank you! :D

Hugs for everyone. Today I'm running around getting last minute stuff for travelling and making lists so I'm not frantically doing it on Monday. I'm going to treat myself to breakfast on Tuesday before heading to the airport.

I am also getting this werewolf query done today, no matter what, and fixing my Alice chapters. This living situation hasn't made writing easy, and I've done shamefully little in February, but thankfully this won't last forever.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Steve! * tacklehug! * - or better yet - * takedown! * (It's important to end up on top)

Good to see you again! Glad to hear you and your business have been acquired by another firm. I hope you're able to work your way out from the heavy load and begin writing again. And hang out in Purgatory.

Roly - Good luck with your paper!

Sammy - Vamp dust for your vamp book!

(((Fury))) I hope you sort out the living arrangement soon.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
vfury, being paranoid here: While you're going to be away, have you considered moving anything irreplaceable into M's room and hiding money and valuables somewhere else? I presume you've got a good lock on your door and you have the only key.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
{{Steve}} That's ok, I've never had a groupie before. What exactly are the job duties for that? (and do I have to pay you?)

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Morning purgies!

Steve - good to see you!

Maryn - I HATE packing. Hate hate hate it. I always forget so many things because I rush through it. I am a vacation slacker, ha!

Guys, I'm sharing my blurbs on my blog today! Reading nice things awesome writers say about my book makes me have a permanent smile.:) (also shout out to our very own xiao!) waltzwithwords.blogspot.com.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Steve!!! *flying tacklehugs* I hope things get back to normal soon.

(((vfury))) Hope you get everything settled soon.

Jenn, awesome blurbage.

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Morning :D

(((Steve))) So relieved you have work, even if there's too much of it, but sorry you don't get to hang out. We expect fly bys!

((Dragon))

((Caleb))

Haupe :Trophy:Mega congrats!! That's fantastic news!

Gratz on The End, LW :hooray:

Loving the pics, Rick!

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Great reviews, Jenn! By great authors!

Uuugh! Lynne's finally off the main computer, so it's time to do taxes. I should be able to finish today, depending on how intricate it is to factor in writer expenses. Hopefully I won't get locked into any Do-Loops.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys for reps and posts, guys. I am excited.:)

Good luck with taxes Rick!

{vfury} so sorry you are still dealing with this. That’s gotta be so upsetting.:(

Lwalker – yay!

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
mornin' puglets!

cuddles! as i said--you don't have
to be writing to be here! god knows
you are WAITING like so many of us
on sub! /bootay shake! we miss you!

come back when life is less crazy!

jenn--such a great read and an honor. =D

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Snuggles Steve. :D

Repped as I went, but man, I'm beat this week. Is it Friday? No. Only Thursday. Damn. Ah well.

:partyguy: Happy-Soon-To-Be-Birthday, Roly! :partyguy:

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I keep watching Supernatural. I took a long break after S5 because I stopped caring. But now I watch it again. It's sort of like a zombie. You can squint at it and think, This might be the show I used to love. I have a friend who has just started watching and she loves it. So I said, Go back to S1 and catch up.

Know what I hate about travel? Trying to figure out what coat to take. Too hot by day, too cold by night, too wet if it rains, or two suitcases?
Buy a sweater or a coat there? That's usually my strategy. I wait to see what the weather is like there before I buy something.

I need new ideas for things to pack for lunch that don't have to be refrigerated. This can of tuna I throw on some bread just isn't cutting it anymore. But it does appeal to my laziness.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
may, i also gave up season 5.
i think i watched a couple of episodes
and the magic was gone. i don't try
and push through when a show disappoints
me, alas.

same happened with FRINGE. it just got
way too convoluted. i still have the series
ending on my tivo.

also with The Vampire Diaries. gave up
at beginning of season 2. pity.

Heroes was probably the *biggest* disappointment,
given how strong season 1 was.

now, i barely watch any new shows. takes a lot
for me to feel invested. i missed Downton so
never watch that. (i don't do stream or netflix
or whatever the nonsense--i miss a show, i miss it.)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Playing catch-up here.

- Teen Rick is adorable.

- Caleb, glad to know you are getting help and your family is supportive. As for your dad, it sounds EXACTLY like something my dad would say. Remember that just because he clearly has his own issues to deal with, that's not a reflection on you... or even how he feels about you. Try not to hold it against him too much. :)

- Haupe, yay! Congrats! I got a mug for some article I wrote when I was working... yeah, I still have it. :D

- Steve: Miss you and hope the load eases up soon!!!

Well, the sleep deprivation continues. We had phased out the color-changing clock during the winter, but that turned out to be a very foolish decision. With the sun rising earlier each day and Sharkbite no longer having his paci, we're getting up 15 minutes earlier every morning. I re-instituted the color change clock last night, but he knows how to change the color himself if he wants so it's going to take a couple of days of enforcement before he understands that Mommy controls the clock... not the other way around! Ugh. And I was up late last night because I was having cramps and started freaking out that I was going into early labor. I wasn't. It was just cramps. Sigh.

And now Sharkbite is at preschool and I am going to go pass out. I hope.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Don't you love it when one innocent question leads to a massive amount of research and the discovery that a co-worker very likely made a $57,000 mistake back in October, and that said co-worker is now gone from the department, so it's up to you to figure out this disaster and try to fix it?

Wait, what do you mean that only happens to me?

*headdesk*

Status
Not open for further replies.