Your Guilty Pleasure Food

Pikko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pikkoshouse.com
With the Velveeta battle raging on in my poor taters thread, I figured this was a good time to make everyone confess in a whole new thread.

So what are your guilty pleasure foods? You know they're horrible for you, yet you shovel that crap in your mouth anyway and smile contently, vegetables be damned!

To start, a couple of mine:

Totino's party pizza
Cheeto's puffs
Those mini sugar coated donuts, I forget what they're called
FUNYUNSSSSS

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Anything with cream.

Whether it is whipped cream on top of waffles, ice cream or anything for that matter.

Or double cream in a gratin. Or a mushroom cream sauce with some meat.

And then there's bacon.

Crisps/Potato Chips

And Indian creamy curry food. I need to stop now.

Food is my weakest spot.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hershey's Kisses.

Potato chips -- namely, Ripples.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Home-made bread. Not because it's anything to feel guilt over, in terms of what's in it, but the sheer amount of it I can scarf down. Ideally, with butter or jam. Or both.

Maryn, with hips to prove it

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*had mashed potatoes with sour cream for breakfast*

*because, why not?*

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
haha Kyla, I have a fond memory of a day when I was a little kid, my mom kept me home from school for some reason (doctor or something) and said I could have anything I wanted for breakfast. I told her mashed potatoes and she made them. mmmmm

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Taco John's taco burgers with sour cream, paired with their Potato Oles -- those must be dipped in nacho cheese and sour cream.

*drools*

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
Moe's chicken empanadas with Moe's 7 layer dip. I can't even buy them anymore because I just sit and eat them until they are both gone.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Mini-chocolate chips, sipped out of a shot glass.

Ramen noodles.

When I'm in the US: In-N-Out cheeseburger animal-style, with extra raw onions and hot peppers and a chocolate shake. Also, I found out recently that I can get my fries done animal-style as well. This is dangerous news.

Last edited:

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Ice cream, I guess. But I don't feel guilty about it...

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, guilt doesn't come into it for me either.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Potato chips are not safe around me (except for Ketchup chips those are an abomination) so I rarely buy them because if I do I will eat the whole damn bag - in one sitting.

Once a year I will indulge in Kentucky fried chicken complete with their fries and their gravy. Basically grease and salt on a plate, which tastes so good until it doesn't, and then I can't believe I actually ate that.

Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream. No need for a bowl - just a spoon and some privacy. Oooh yeah.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not a food, but Coke Zero/Diet Coke. Yeah, I know I'd be better off drinking benzene, but it wouldn't be a very guilty pleasure if there was nothing to feel guilty about, now would it?

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
(except for Ketchup chips those are an abomination)
Americans won't get this one. They don't have ketchup chips. Which are in fact an abomination.

Or Pizza Pops. (someone once thought i was talking about pizza flavoured frozen things)

I need to add Pizza Pops to my list.

And Kraft peanutbutter. Which is unlike any American peanut butter and which I bring to US friends.

And McCain's Deep 'n Delicious cakes. But those end up being dinner more than a treat...

Last edited:

Chris P

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Taco John's taco burgers with sour cream, paired with their Potato Oles -- those must be dipped in nacho cheese and sour cream.

*drools*

Do they still do "Six Pack and a Pound"? Six tacos and a WHOLE FREAKING POUND of potato oles? It's on the list of "must dos" when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
It's a Midwestern US chain...kind of like Runzas. Who, by the by, make an astounding cheeseburger. Their Runzas are not great (I'm gonna get beat up for that by anyone who knows what they are) but their cheeseburgers are to die for.

http://www.tacojohns.com/menu/tacos/taco-burger/

http://www.tacojohns.com/menu/snacks-sides/potato-oles/

Oooh. Kinda looks like a sloppy joe, but with taco stuff. And you will always sway me with tater tots of any kind. If my travels ever take me past one of these places, I'm sold.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do they still do "Six Pack and a Pound"? Six tacos and a WHOLE FREAKING POUND of potato oles? It's on the list of "must dos" when I get home.

Yep, they do! Remember their dessert flautas from the mid nineties? OMG awesome. Especially the cream cheese ones.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh. Kinda looks like a sloppy joe, but with taco stuff. And you will always sway me with tater tots of any kind. If my travels ever take me past one of these places, I'm sold.

Unless you're lactose intolerant or something, do get one with the sour cream. Makes all the difference!

Chris P

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, they do! Remember their dessert flautas from the mid nineties? OMG awesome. Especially the cream cheese ones.

Stop. Now. There is not enough want in this world to describe the want I'm wanting at this moment.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
My (not so) guilty pleasure foods:

Honeybuns
Fried okra
Braums chocolate milk (seriously tastes like melted chocolate ice cream!)
Dr. Pepper - just can't quit :D

What on earth are Ketchup Chips??

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Americans won't get this one. They don't have ketchup chips. Which are in fact an abomination.

Or Pizza Pops. (someone once thought i was talking about pizza flavoured frozen things)

I need to add Pizza Pops to my list.

And Kraft peanutbutter. Which is unlike any American peanut butter and which I bring to US friends.

And McCain's Deep 'n Delicious cakes. But those end up being dinner more than a treat...

There is a reason why Ketchup chips are not seen anywhere else, because they are bloody awful!

Pizza Pops - yes!

Interesting about the Kraft PB - I love that stuff, my guilty pleasure is putting PB on a slice of bread, then lightly buttering the top of the peanut butter with butter. A peanut butter, butter sandwich sounds a bit redundant but there is something about the taste and texture that makes me happy. Needless to say this is a very guilty and rare pleasure, or else my hips would need their own postal code.

McCain Deep and Delicious - DITTO! I'm thankful that there is not a shortage of people to share this cake with or I'd be in trouble there as well.