^DISCUSSION^ -- November Character Building Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
I noticed the tendency towards auburn hair as well, but I have to say that I was more influenced by the name and the situation than anything else. My female MCs tend to vary widely in their physical appearance, including hair color. I will say that I definitely think a name has to fit a person, and vice versa, so maybe Brenda just happens to be a very auburn sounding name? lol.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Did I kill this thread?

No, it was gather-gobble-drink-and-sleep day, that's all.

:D

p.s., the redhead Brendas, maybe a subconscious influence from Brenda Starr, redheaded comic-book supersexybeasttress? Then again, maybe not. I might be the only one here who is old enough to remember her.

Maryn !!! Have the menfolk seen your avatar yet ?!!!? My stars. Speaking of stars.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic. Good luck to everyone as we wait in a state of overfed suspension.

Last edited:

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having a few friends in the writing biz offer comment about your work

Jason, will those comments be posted? I know you wouldn't post things such as U SUX MOLDY TOMATOES, but I'd be interested in hearing their feedback/constructive criticism if any.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
I have to agree with WittyandorIronic about the Brenda = auburn issue. When I hear the name Brenda, I immediately think brown with reddish undertones. Don't ask me why. Could be Brenda Starr. Could be someone I knew long ago. But you don't need to color your hair to make it auburn. My twin sister was born with it. *envious* Here's a pic of a girl with (apparently) natural auburn hair.

http://www.answers.com/topic/auburn

may have to scroll down for pic

c.e.

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
Jason, will those comments be posted? I know you wouldn't post things such as U SUX MOLDY TOMATOES, but I'd be interested in hearing their feedback/constructive criticism if any.

Same here. That would be pretty awesome... Now that the actual writing/submission portion of hell is over, I am not so over sensitive about the comments. I still don't think I did as well as the others, lol, but some criticism for my first ever submitted piece would not wreck my world.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
The comments will be posted for your use, including mine, which I'll offer alongside of those. I would only post constructive comments and that's what I've asked for from my friends. I'm hoping my friends will have their comments by tonight. If not, you'll have them as soon as I get them. You will have mine tonight, however (for what that's worth). :)

I'll also include the comments that were included with the votes. There were just a few, but they were good ones. By the way, a good voter turnout and I'll give the tally as to number of people who voted tonight, too. I think you'll be surprised by the number. Hint: a lot.

jt

Last edited:

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
Can't wait!! I was mistaken and thought it was last night, so today has gone even slower.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
The announcement is coming at 8:45 p.m. tonight. Immediately afterward, the announcement will be posted in a thread along with an opportunity to "post game" the contest. So, I'm closing this thread and we'll move the discussion to the post game when the time comes! See you there!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.