• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Cool Beans Publishing & Editing

Fanatic_Dreamer

Daydreaming Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm posting this because I've seen a few of my friends in the community reblogging a post by this company.

So they're called Cool Beans Publishing & Editing (you can get that from the title, obviously)

Here's their website: http://www.coolbeanspe.com/

Here's their about:

---

We are a small publishing company that is determined to help all authors reach their full potential. We operate as a traditional publishing house and ask for no money from our authors. We take care of all editing, formatting, ISBN#, covers and promotion. We feel that an author's time is best spent doing what they love, writing. By handling some of the more time consuming aspects of publishing we hope to free them up to pursue their stories as frequently and energetically as they want while still making a profit and retaining some sense of individuality in their work.

We started out as an editing company whose only goal was to offer affordable and quality editing for all authors of all genres. While we were successful at this, and still offer editing services separate from publishing, many of our clients also asked us about things like formatting, cover artists, and marketing. This prompted us to start publishing a bit sooner than we anticipated, but we are very excited for the recent developments.

We want authors to maintain their distinct flair and personality while utilizing the benefits of a publisher. We want to take care of all of the mundane aspects so that they can write what and how they want.

---

Their royalties don't look too bad and they both claim to have edited novels before, but I haven't read the novels in question.

Thoughts?

JulianneQJohnson

Ferret Herder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianneqjohnson.com
I went to see the site. **Warning** the following comment is nit-picky and snarky: Their logo picture looks like it was drawn by a three year old. It makes me wonder what their covers look like. Maybe they should use one of their cover artist to make a more professional logo. But none of that is important, it was just an observation. I personally found the logo so unprofessional looking that it made me judge the entire business negatively by it's appearance.

The site itself is cutesy and not professional looking. That is not surprising, as they are not professional editors or publishers. I admire that they are very transparent about their lack of credentials. They are both self described people who love to read turned editors, and now turned publishers.

Me, I want a publisher that has professional publishing experience and connections. People who seem to be trying to learn as they go aren't going to do it for me.

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
Their logo picture looks like it was drawn by a three year old. It makes me wonder what their covers look like. Maybe they should use one of their cover artist to make a more professional logo. But none of that is important, it was just an observation. I personally found the logo so unprofessional looking that it made me judge the entire business negatively by it's appearance.
I'm in agreement. The logo and site to me at first glance reminds me of something a casual group of friends made as a hobby. The inconsistent font and free webhost bothers me too. If a business can't invest the time and money into a decent website and logo -- doesn't have to be ultra slick or uber pro -- I tend to pass.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Closed by Feb '15.