• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Scribophile

coloneldax

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with scribophile.com? I just registered there, and have not had much of a chance to check it out yet...

Also, can someone please advise if there is a better forum to post this question?..

Thanks,
Daniel

WriterTrek

Boldy Writing
Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone have any further thoughts on this? I've used it before for some of the short stories I plan to put in self-published Anthologies, but so far haven't put up anything I've intended to sell.

This is the only thread I saw for it using a search, however. Or the only obvious one that came up.

Kastil

Writing Whore
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kastil.wordpress.com
I'm a member. I like the system they use. In order to post something, you must first critique others. Earn 5 karma points and you can post something. They recommend that it be no longer than 3k words. It's more of a guideline. you can post two unique works with a free membership or pay for a premium membership and post as many as you like.

I used to have a premium membership, it's not that expensive. However, I don't have one now because I haven't had anything I needed to post there in a bit a I've come across person to swap crits.

I found overall the critiques to be helpful, though you have to watch out for the occasional WTF critique but I found those rare.

Your works can't be seen by anyone not a member so it's protected as far as that goes. Stay away from the forums if you can. It's a time sink.

noranne

the possibilities are endless
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nora-bailey.com
I have used it before and gotten some decent feedback. But I have gotten some definite wtf ones too. Overall I found the level of critique wasn't enough to keep me wanting to rack up karma points, although I think it would be more helpful for short stories than novel excerpts.