• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Upstart Crow Literary

socact

Registered
Reaction score
No response from Danielle yet...I queried on 8/4 with 5 pages pasted in the e-mail. Should I resubmit with the 20?

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
No response from Danielle yet...I queried on 8/4 with 5 pages pasted in the e-mail. Should I resubmit with the 20?

Even though she seems to be responding quickly right now, I'd give it another week or so. Maybe she liked your pages and is hanging onto it for another read.:)

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Submitted the first twenty pages of new YA novel about a week ago. Danielle Chiotti e-mailed me back asking for another one hundred pages. I am very impressed with the quick response!

still alive

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I hope someone will answer me. I can't post--or haven't been able to post--20 pggs in the body of my email without royally messing up the formatting.

So on 8/6 I sent Ms. Chiotti an email asking her okay to send an attachment. I never got a reply.

Now I'm willing to try to pages posted in the email again, but I'm not sure what the ending number ya'll have decided they want! 20? or 5?

Soon as I get an answer, I'll try to query her. And while I'm begging, does she want a synopsis? IF so, how long?

Thanks.
Still alive (in case you find that a strange handle, and I guess I could change it, but I've been on here long enough to confess I've had breast cancer three times and aggressive chemo that almost killed me but instead cured me! So I am still alive! Hooray.)

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
I hope someone will answer me. I can't post--or haven't been able to post--20 pggs in the body of my email without royally messing up the formatting.

If you format your 20 pages the way you do it for this forum, you should be fine. That is, single space with double spacing between paragraphs and no indents. You can do this in a few seconds using the find/replace box.

still alive

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Julie, I'll give it a try.
SA

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
I queried Chris on 8/5, got this R on 8/11:
"...Unfortunately, I’m going to pass on this project. After taking a look at the sample pages and the query, I’m afraid your work doesn’t feel like a good match for my personal taste, as I tend not to take on much YA with this much fantasy at its core."

Can't really mope about it. He was quick and if YA fantasy isn't so much for him (or at least mine) then there is not much I can do about it.:Shrug:

still alive

Registered
Reaction score
rosepddle, after getting one of those thanks for submitting, we'll get back to you if we're interested from Movable Type, I'd rather even a form rejection! And yours was personal. I think that's good. But what do I know?

As everyone says, don't give up.
SA

jennibly

Registered
Reaction score
Has everyone that queried Danielle gotten her auto reply? I sent mine a few days ago and never got one.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I got one from her.

Did you send using the website's address or the AQ address (which is different)?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The website one as well. It seems like all the early queries didn't get one. The autoreply came almost instantly after I sent mine two days ago

elissa

holding my breath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lissnkids.blogspot.com
I queried Danielle on the first day (with the attachment, haha) and she sent me an email with some questions about revision possibilities. I emailed her back 8/15 and got a request for the full moments later. *crosses fingers*

:)

elissa

holding my breath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lissnkids.blogspot.com
(oh, also, the auto-reply is working at the gmail address now, but it wasn't for a few days. also her first email back to me got directed to my spam folder, and she said they were having some trouble with it, so you may want to check there...)

augusto

Registered
Reaction score
Website
willtinkham.blogspot.com
Danielle Chiotti
Hello. This is my first post (though I’ve been peeking in your windows for a couple years now). Been taking in information with nothing to give back. Here’s mine: Queried Danielle (literary) on 8/8 with 20 pgs (no auto reply). She requested full via email today. My second full. Thrilled? Yes…

Last edited:

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the full, august!

I resubmitted my query (with 20 pages instead of 5) on 8/17. I did receive the auto-reply. Haven't heard back yet.