Braggage III

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
My story "Heart of a Fox" will be appearing in Michael Jones' anthology "Schoolbooks and Sorcery"!

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
Congrats to all on their 2015 Braggage. New year, new brags!

I got one today, an acceptance from Shotgun Honey for a flash crime-comedy about a couple of losers trying to stay stoned.

Should be live and free-to-read mid-February. I'll post a link.

Went live today, free to read at Shotgun Honey.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

M. H. Lee

Registered
Reaction score
Alex - You're also blowing up on Scalzi's latest ARC thread. Lots of "don't know the author, but I'll read that for the title alone" comments. Combine that with awesome writing and looks like you're going to knock this one out of the park!

DadofSnorf

Registered
Reaction score
Published my first short back in 2011. Wrote for the first time again this month, and subbed 3 flash pieces out on the same day. Just got an acceptance on one of them. Woot! Four-year gap? NBD.

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
Published my first short back in 2011. Wrote for the first time again this month, and subbed 3 flash pieces out on the same day. Just got an acceptance on one of them. Woot! Four-year gap? NBD.

Baller! Great work, DadofSnorf.

Peace
Ty

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
I sold a hilarious story to Mad Scientist Journal! Jellyfish, a mad scientist, and lots of murder! You can all read it sometime this summer or fall.

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congrats to all on the recent successes!

The new mystery/crime anthology Plan B Volume V includes my story “Mysterious Private Investigations” (which originally appeared in the private eye anthology The Shamus Sampler).

In addition to quarterly anthologies, Plan B posts one of the antho stories free-to-read every two weeks. So it’s a great market for mystery/crime shorts, a paying antho plus free-to-read exposure!

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

PS - My story is slated to run free-to-read on the site sometime mid-summer. I’ll post about it again then.

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
I sold a hilarious story to Mad Scientist Journal! Jellyfish, a mad scientist, and lots of murder! You can all read it sometime this summer or fall.

The new mystery/crime anthology Plan B Volume V includes my story “Mysterious Private Investigations” (which originally appeared in the private eye anthology The Shamus Sampler).

Congrats, all!

Peace
Ty

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alex - You're also blowing up on Scalzi's latest ARC thread. Lots of "don't know the author, but I'll read that for the title alone" comments. Combine that with awesome writing and looks like you're going to knock this one out of the park!

Thank you! I really enjoyed lurking and reading those comments :)

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congratulations to all on their Braggage!

I’ve got a flash-length crime-suspense reprint live today. "A Tragic Accident" is free to read at wordhaus, which accepts reprints in thriller/horror, sci-fi/fantasy, and romance. This is a non-paying market, but writers in the three genres wordhaus accepts might give a look.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

Sara K.

Registered
Reaction score
My short story "The Ties That Bind, The Chains That Break" went live today in Galaxy's Edge Magazine! It's free to read online, as is the entire magazine. I'm more excited about this publication than any since my Writers of the Future win. Blog post is here: http://lizcolter.weebly.com/b…/galaxys-edge-issue-13-is-live and the entire magazine table of contents is here:http://www.galaxysedge.com/index.htm

Congrats, that's awesome! Will give it a look in a bit. I see that you can only submit by invitation today, which I guess makes it even more special.

Congratulations to all on their Braggage!

I’ve got a flash-length crime-suspense reprint live today. "A Tragic Accident" is free to read at wordhaus, which accepts reprints in thriller/horror, sci-fi/fantasy, and romance. This is a non-paying market, but writers in the three genres wordhaus accepts might give a look.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

Very cool! Enjoyed the read, and congratulations!

ericalynn

Registered
Reaction score
My short story "Three-Four Time" appears in the anthology Things I'll Never Say: Stories About Our Secret Selves, out from Candlewick Press and in stores tomorrow. It's my first big acceptance/publication, so I'm super excited!

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
My short story "Three-Four Time" appears in the anthology Things I'll Never Say: Stories About Our Secret Selves, out from Candlewick Press and in stores tomorrow. It's my first big acceptance/publication, so I'm super excited!

Congrats ericalynn, and to all others with recent braggage!

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
My story "A Most Unusual Patriot" sold to Tellest!

Congrats Ericalynn! Nice job on your first big sale!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the folks with recent braggage!

And thanks, Sara. Yes, Galaxy's Edge is invitation only, but Mike is a judge with WotF, so that was my in.

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
Acceptance here from the R0bot C0wgirl Alien Abduction antho. Did anyone else end up subbing to this?