Favorite Lines of the Day

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, my previous post was actually regarding November 4.

November 5:

Serena realized her mistake and felt ashamed. “Omigod, Serenity, I'm sorry. I'm such a fucking idiot.”

“It's...okay. You were trying to be cute. I think that's adorable.”

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Nov 5, from my MG comedy:

Naveen, defeated, plops back down on his bed. “Fine. But what do you plan to do with it?”

“Evil villain stuff, of course.”

“And that means?”

“You know. Evil things.”

He doesn’t look convinced.​

Last edited:

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
It's all in perspective:

In fact, there were several things in the cabin foreign to her. The light, encaged in an hourglass – a lantern? Oil was too precious of a commodity to be wasted on light. Worse, there was an open book by it. Was Hannah using light to read? Such wastefulness was a sin!

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
5th Nov:

‘It’s easy for you to say it’s all fine, you standing there with your own two legs, prancing around like some oversized chicken! Who are you to start preaching to me?!’

(She's a bit sore that she lost a leg...)

6th Nov:

‘It’s a bit boring here, the food is terrible, I can’t see out the window from my bed and I can’t get out of bed yet. Other than that, I’m fine!’

Last edited:

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I keep hitting my stride early in the day, it seems. Skipping ahead to a candy bad scene probably helped. Oooooooh these two are going to kill me with their UST.

“So what is it?”

Sandor shrugged and tapped the pitted surface. “I don’t know.”

He said it with a little tremor of glee that made Jessia’s confusion worse. “You wanted to tell me that you don’t know what this is.”

He nodded and looked down at his hands, fingers splayed so their tips were occupying different pits in the artifact’s surface. By then a hint of a smile reached his lips. “I have an idea, though.”

He looked up at her then and suddenly their proximity was much too close. Jessia couldn’t breath.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Close to the first lines written and I like this exchange:

(Annika had fallen asleep in front of the door.)

“Annika, please!”
“What’s the hurry?” Annika grumbled.
“I need to use the privy,” Hannah said.
Annika scooted out of the way. The door opened wide. “Go.”
Hannah “I don’t know where it is."
“Dig a hole and squat.”

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
Aaargh! I just made myself cry!

The MC has asked the embalmer to autopsy his favourite horse to find out why it died.

The embalmer gestured to the corpse on his table. “What am I supposed to do with this?”

Djehuty took one last look at Bukhef, just an empty shell without a ka. He wanted to see him run again, to marvel at the sight of that great black beast galloping across the desert. One day, when it was his time to join him in the afterlife.

“Mummify him,” he said. “I’ll pay.”

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Well, the damn cat showed up uninvited again. Look what happened!

Whiskers tickled her face. Annika jerked upright; the cat wobbled overboard, crashing into the water with a howl. Annika reached both arms into the water, let the cat climb up her robed arms and bounce back onto the deck.

The cat shook out each paw.

Laughter erupted from the nearby boat. Chester shook his head side to side. She couldn’t see his face clearly, but she swore she saw his lips upturned.

Annika pouted. It wasn’t intentional. “Cat, I’m sorry.”

Last edited:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Ace
Besides, I'm beginning to think he might be my most loyal minion when I take over this place, so listening to him prattle on can only guarantee his friendship. I mean, devotion. Minionship? Anyway, he'll be in my clutches, whatever I call it.

KokkieH

Making this up as I go along
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kokkieh.blog
After rescuing the MC from a couple of ogre kidnappers:

“They didn’t hurt you, did they?”

“Not really. The big one choked me till I passed out, but he was very gentle about it.”

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"He's so cute," I said, "and hot. Like...a sexy hamster."
"A sexy hamster."
"Yeah."
"You have issues."

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Daedalus is a meat miracle.
We’re just about to go when there’s a knock on the door. Daedalus is closer, so he’s the one to answer. I can’t see the person behind him, but I’m fairly certain I know who it is when she says, “Whoa. Can I climb you?”
“Kalie!”
“Seriously, who are you and can I get a piggyback ride or something? My life will not be complete until I’ve been up on those shoulders. I bet I can see my house from up there.”

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 6:

Serena crossed herself. “Hey, God, it's me. Thank you everything that you've given us today. Please continue to bless us. Thank you, especially, for bringing Serenity to us. Please let her go home safely, and please let me go with her. Okay, good night.” Serena crossed herself again.

Sonsofthepharaohs

Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]As Hebeny’s mouth dropped open to protest she had been doing no such thing, his eyes flashed that teasing twinkle and she couldn’t help but smile. She had made him into a different person in her mind over the past week, but he was the man she remembered after all; stubborn, difficult, capricious, and completely impossible to resist. [/FONT]

thisprovinciallife

hi! i'm reese.
Registered
Reaction score
Having a crappy couple of days--day job is turning into a day-and-night job. Oh well...

Patient Zero is pissing wildly, all over the urinal like he just had sex for days, except I can tell by the hair on his dick and the bald spot on his head that he never gets laid, no matter how much he talks about it.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Err, maybe not my favorite, but certainly the weirdest line of the day. :D

[FONT=&quot]Maybe that was when Taylor realized he loved her. When he felt grateful about his virtual uterus, because it meant Daisy was willing to talk to him.[/FONT]

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Just another scandal over tea...

"Caro didn’t know anything about the truth of the matter at all, other than that it made for a fascinating scandal over tea."

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Still Ace (still in Evie's body)
I look down at Evie's breasts, but they are untouched by the lightning bolt, not so much as a scorch mark on them. I keep looking for a little longer than I should. I should stop and appreciate this view more often.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
Can I cheat and have 2? I really loved them both. The first:
I’m in this rigid chair with no cushioning and my only saving grace is that Headmaster Al’ramin looks just as disgusted by Calvin as I do.

And the second:
Yet, when my fingers are entwined with his, I’m just happy that I’m not alone on this damn planet.

I'm also pretty proud of myself that I worked in the phrase "hit me baby one more time". Yes, I have no shame.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I love fun walk-on characters.
“Holy suns, girl. You look like hell.”

“Hi to you too.” Looking like hell was an understatement. Her shirt was ripped and bloody and it would take her a solid day and a half to work the tangles out of her hair. But right now her empty belly took precedence over her appearance. “You still take orders from hell, yeah?”

The woman smirked. “If hell’s got the creds to pay. Unless you’re one of them filthy Locquats. But you ain’t hairy enough to be one of them.”

Sliding the chit on the counter, Jessia grinned. “It took a lot of razors to get all the fur off.”

“Ain’t enough razors in the universe to make one of them puppy-faced bastards pass as a girl, hell looks or not.” A quick scan of the chit had the woman nodded in satisfaction. “What can I get you?”

Sonsofthepharaohs

Registered
Reaction score
My MC is sending his favourite slave girl into the house of his enemy to spy on him, but first he has to teach her what kind of documents to look for, because she can't read:

“Hebeny, let’s just forget it,” he said as he wiped his hand across the wall, smudging the symbols he had just drawn there. “I shouldn’t even have asked you. It’s too much for you. I’m sorry.”

Hebeny put down the pen and stood up. Then she turned the wax tablet upside down on the desk, picked up a piece of charcoal, and went over to the wall. “The little house with the symbol for gold on it means treasury,” she said, drawing a rectangle with a clumsy yet recognisable approximation a necklace above it. “The little tube for holding reeds next to the ink palette means scribe, and two tubes means chief scribe,” she said, adding that symbol too. “And the little boat means...” She drew a picture of something that looked like a fruit bowl. “Well the boat means boat.” She smirked at him. “That’s an oar, not a spoon,” she added.