any game designers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladestalker

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to talk to a game (computer) designer to ask some very basic questions for a project I'm working on.

bladestalker

Registered
Reaction score
heh. I make tabletop games, what I'm looking for is someone that programs computer games.

If that's you we should talk. :)

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
bladestalker, in the future please ask or bring up something as it can help the people who wish to help you.

I know some things about game design and I'm playing Minecraft with a friend who's learning game design and his brother in the other room is very knowledgeable. But by the time you get to reply and tell us, they'll probably be sleeping and I might not catch the thread. If I knew, I would tell you or ask my friends and tell you, but I can't.

bladestalker

Registered
Reaction score
Clarity is always good.

What I'm looking for is a video game designer who can answer some basic questions for an article I'm writing. These would be simple interview questions to supplement the article covering subjects like. Texture mapping, creating mazes, how a computer character interacts with static landscape objects. What kind of glitches can occur and why.

That kind of thing.

Morgan_R

they/them
Registered
Reaction score
What I'm looking for is a video game designer who can answer some basic questions for an article I'm writing. These would be simple interview questions to supplement the article covering subjects like. Texture mapping, creating mazes, how a computer character interacts with static landscape objects. What kind of glitches can occur and why.

I'm no longer employed as a game designer, but I can tell you that some of those questions aren't really 'designer' territory. You might be better off finding an indie game developer, who does their own programming, rather than tracking down a professional game designer. Finding an indie developer will be easier, too. Just post somewhere like this.

Aheïla

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewriteaholicblog.wordpress.com
I agree with Morgan_R. I'm a Lead Game Designer and I can't really answer your question.

As Morgan_R mentioned, an indie game developer may be more helpful or, alternatively:
- Texture mapping: Art Director, Lead Artist, 3D Artist or Texture Artist (depending on the level of technical detail you need)
- Creating mazes: Level Designer, maybe? I'm not quite sure what you want exactly here.
- How a character interacts with static landscape objects: Do you want to discuss game mechanics or technical parameters/code? You either need someone in game design or an engineer/developer/coder/programmer for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.