Painless progress.. finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuppyDogTails

Snips and Snails...
Registered
Reaction score
Well... compared to where you guys are... my goal seems silly and small LOL. Guess we all have to start somewhere.

At any rate, a few days ago I picked up the ms I've been sitting on to work on the edits... and found it intensely painful. I had almost convinced myself to let it go, no matter how much time and energy I have put into it (and no matter how much I believe in it.... because I really do).

But today I picked it up, and, instead of my usual 'edit the same chapter again' attempt... I actually retyped the chapter I was working on altogether, just using the hardcopy as reference. HUGE difference. HUGE. Although the new version will still need edits for word choice, etc, it is MILES better than what I had originally.

I think I finally hit on the way to get through it without driving myself to alcohol. And I feel pretty good about that :D

yetanotherheather

Registered
Reaction score
I had the same experience. I was dreading editing. The thought of tearing down what I had worked so hard to build was awful. Once I started retyping though, it didn't feel like tearing it down anymore. Instead, I was watching it grow into something even better. Now, I actually enjoy editing.

If only I could find some way to convince myself I enjoy writing queries and synopses...

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elldimensional.wordpress.com
Sometimes your mind and creative juices just need time to brew. But that's great that you got it all down in one shot! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.