• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Writing Buddy - YA Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

I'm looking for a few additional 'writing buddies' who are interested in sharing our manuscripts along the journey, talking about plots, reviewing new chapters as we write them. I have a full time job in addition to my writing, so I need someone who respects that sometimes I write in bursts, and might have 10k ready in a week and other times it might be 2-3 weeks before I have new material to send.

I'm working on another WIP now, which is in its early stages. It's YA Romantic Fantasy with a GQ/F pairing.

I would prefer:

* A fantasy, paranormal or historical writer. I really do not read modern contemporary, unless it's very thrilling crime or m/m erotica -- and even then, it contemporary makes up about 2% of what I read.

* Someone who has Twitter - and can use it as a form of communication!

* Someone who is communicative and wants to talk about the process of their writing, their dog, their dinner, whatever ...

* Someone who is at a similar stage with their current WIP as I am.

* Someone who can read and return material quite quickly when it's sent and write substantive comments on BOTH content and style. I read best in 3-5k chunks. But I can usually get that returned, critiqued with in-text comments in about 1-3 days. Ideally, I'd love someone who can do the same!

Open to writers at all stages of publication journey :)

Feel free to PM me if interested!

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! It's okay if you don't meet *all* of the criteria. I'm aware there are a lot of things listed. I've had a few PMs that I also need to sit down and respond properly to.

Status
Not open for further replies.