Done, done, and almost done

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Received some copies of Lindsay, Jo and the Tree of Forever in the mail today, and they look terrific! Am doing a giveaway which means providing me with a physical address so that I can send the book. If you trust me, PM me with the info and it's yours. I'll even sign it however you want (but I'll need your real name).

Thanks!

Rebel-Dynasty

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeldynasty.wordpress.com
:D That would be awesome! PM coming your way (hopefully I'm not too late).

For your generosity, I'll certainly be recommending your books to others. ^^ I have quite a few writing friends and acquaintances here and there, so I'm sure they'd love something new and original to read.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Had an interview with Mr. Owen Quinn and he just posted it a couple of days ago on his site. He runs a site which not only caters to authors, but those who are interested in movies and movie stars and other things in the world of entertainment.

http://www.thetimewarriors.co.uk/

Go to page two or three...the interview should be there.

BTW, he's always looking for published authors to interview.

As an add on to this, I will have an interview later on this month (Catnip) with Jessica Kong who is also a writer, and another with Jodi Pushkin at smoochers.com which talks about the second novel in the Lindsay/Jo trilogy. Will post links when I can.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Just had another interview go live with Jessica Kong, a really fine writer. She also has a terrific website, one worth checking out.

Here's the link.

http://seaanan.com/category/newbies-unite/limelight/

If you can't see me, go over to 'Newbies Unite' and scroll down to 'Limelight'...you'll see it there.

One more interview at Awesome Gang. The owner of the website is also on Goodreads, and he does free interviews. Check it out...good exposure.

http://awesomegang.com/jesse-frankel/

Last edited:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Had another nice review for Catnip...and I realized that if nice reviews were connected to rankings, then I'd be number one in a couple of categories.

Sigh...

Still, this hasn't stopped me and won't. Rankings rise and fall--or fall and rise in Amazon's case--so pay no attention to that!

Did finish Arcana and now editing. Sorta short for an adult-oriented novel...around 67500...but decent in terms of length. Fleshing it out may get it to 72500, but that ain't fleshing...that's stuffing...and sometimes less is better.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really happy that so much is going on for you in your writing career. You're pursuing it with verve and dedication, and it's excellent to see it paying off! You're giving us all hope.

Keep your nose out of crosswinds,

Cathleen :)

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That's fantastic how your writing career is going, as Cathleen said. Rankings to fall and rise and rise and fall. Hopefully that continue to rise more than the latter. So, am I too late to get a copy of your book? If not, will you even ship it to the U.S? I believe I saw that you live in Japan. Catnip looks awesome.

Last edited:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Quentin, I gave out all the advance copies of Catnip. Sorry...they went really fast. But it's on Amazon for around six bucks, and it's the same price (I think) over at Devine Destinies, the publisher. It's also only digital, so it can be downloaded in PDF form for your Kindle or computer, and I think that the publisher has it in mobi and e-pub form as well.

Rebel-Dynasty

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeldynasty.wordpress.com
Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. I'm still reading through your first book (NaNo took up a lot of my time, but now that I've finished, I'll be able to read, and give you my honest impression).

Keep your chin up--you're right, rankings won't stay high forever, but they can always sail back upward, again. :)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Finally got to work on Catnip 2: Rise of the Transgenics (for lack of a better title) about three days ago, and I'm up to around 20000 words. (Not all quality of course, but getting my thoughts down on cyberpaper). Fun to do.

Submitted three other novels so I have to wait and see. I can only hope for the best.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Up to 31000 and a bit on Catnip 2. Will try to get the bulk of it done over the next two weeks, and then spend X-Mas/New Year's vacay (such as it is) editing it. As with all things, we shall see...

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Rough work on Catnip 2 is done, at 62000-plus words. In the process of fleshing out two or three chapters, but nothing major. Having fun with this. :)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Catnip 2: Rise of the Transgenics seems to be a go for now. Just sent in the cover information form and some other documents, so I can only hope for the best. Never intended to write a sequel, but it just sort of happened, and here--we--go!

;)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Not much, just a tiny brag, but sent in the edits for Catnip 2: Rise of the Transgenics and we shall see what happens. I can only hope the editor does a good job of formatting everything and that all goes well. I loved doing the first one, and I think the second one will be even better received, but as with all things, we shall see. Wish me luck!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Who's up for Catnip 3: Revolution?

Maybe May, maybe in July, but whatever, it's on the docket. Have to wait for a cover, but I'm sure it will be just as good as the first and second in the trilogy.

Star Maps might also be a go, but waiting on the contract.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Signed the contract for Star Maps the other day...maybe it'll be out in six months...maybe less.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Supergirlofnc. I also signed contracts for two other novels, Mr. Taxi and Picture (Im)perfect. They'll be digital only, but that's okay. I have high hopes for both. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.