• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking to read someone else's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkChocolate

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to beta read!

I would like to be more specific, but I have a limited lunch break which a co-worker is interrupting. He must be under the assumption that my thirty free minutes of the day should belong to him.

Anywho, (I don't usually say that. The man who is currently interrupting my limited freedom, however, would), I typically don't read romance, but would be open to it.

My book, is sort of a YA/NA dystopia/ sci-fi/ paranormal something. I'm not offering to swap yet, I just wanted to give you an idea of what I write, and if your book is similar to any of those things, then I would be happy to read it. If it is completely the opposite of that, I would be happy to read it. Just let me know what you're looking for in a beta reader and I will do my best to fulfill your wishes.

Anyone interested in allowing me to beta read, please contact me via PM.

If you want to know about me, I'm a 28 year old woman in a domestic relationship with a man who hasn't married me in eight years. I work as an optician, but would someday like to not. I have two cats, an identical twin, and of course, I write. Like I said, I probably won't share mine unless I feel comfortable enough to do so. I just finished a third draft that is still in need of much polishing, so I'd rather fix that stuff before shoving it in your face.

That is all. I hope this post is appropriately placed. If not, please accept my apologies. The man in my lunchroom is making me talk to his son on facetime.

We need another break room.

I wish you all a lovely day, and may no doctor interrupt your lunch break with inane conversation in which you clearly show no interest.

Last edited:

MilkChocolate

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!

While my own work isn't ready to submit yet, based solely on your amusing post, I would definitely read anything of yours. :) Hope the rest of your day is calm and free of Dr. Anywho! :)

Haha, thank you! My work is nothing like my typical writing. It's pretty dismal. It's over 100,000 words, probably more like 200,000. I know I'll have trouble finding someone to read it...but I'll remember you. Can't take it back now! Ha!

I will repost as soon as I'm ready for more. Most of the writing I've received is very promising. So if any of my authors are reading this- you're all great, from what I can tell. Thank you for the privilege!

Also, an update on the doctor who interrupts my lunches: it happens every day. I guess that isn't really an update. But just so you know- it happens EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

I don't tell people I wrote/am writing a book. But I told him because I thought that perhaps this, the idea that I'm spending my meager thirty minute break to pursue my dreams, would inspire him to shut the f*** up. Alas, he takes no hints.

If I had a car, I would be doing this in there.

In summary, I have found many willing authors, and as of right now, I don't believe I could take on any more.

I will update my post as soon as I'm ready, though. Thank you all. I understand how difficult it is to share something so deeply close to your own soul with another person. And I admire your courage in doing so. Hopefully your courage will bolster mine. But you're all such better writers that I'm becoming even more discouraged. So I'll revise, edit, eviscerate. And then I'll seek the help of a fellow writer:)

And to those who have listened to my bitching for nearly two years: thank you. I couldn't have gotten this far without you.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! And congratulations on your accomplishments. Celebrate them and yourselves.

Last edited:

MilkChocolate

Registered
Reaction score
Ready for another!

Just as my title states, I am ready for another story to read.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll let you know more about me.

I do like to do a chapter first, just so you know whether or not you like the way I critique. Also (I hate to say this because it sounds rude) I won't take a first draft. If you haven't read over it yourself a few times, you might want to do that before sending it out.

Again, I am not looking to swap. And I will not seek you out after I'm done with my MS and ask you to read it. I promise.

I'm going to edit my email address out of my previous posts because I now realize how absolutely stupid it was to post that information in a public forum.

PM me if you're interested! And thank you for taking the time to read my posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.