• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Wanted: Mystery novel writer to swap beta-reads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Deaf Takes a Halliday is an 84,000-word amateur sleuth mystery with elements of romance set in the gun culture of rural Montana in two weeks of April 2001.

I just finished the umpteenth rewrite and am seeking another mystery writer to co-beta with who doesn’t mind a bit of 45 boy meets 38 girl. Those are ages, not calibers or chest measurements. :D.

I’d like to exchange and critique between 8,000 and 10,000 words a week, but I’m open to trade fewer, down to 5,000 words/week.

I offer experienced line-by-line suggestions and comments to include typo-spotting, characterization, plot and setting, fact-finding—the whole lock, stock, and barrel.

If interested, PM me for further details, and perhaps we might trade a first chapter or three to see if we’re a fit.

Chase

Last edited:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ty: for the responses.

After dodging a major bullet and reminding one or two kind responders I wanted this final beta-read to be a swap with another mystery novelist, I found a fit.

Again, thank you all and moderator Katiemac for letting me plead my case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.