Starting a Boxed Set: Need authors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandyHarbin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mandyharbin.com
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes. Another author and I are going to release a boxed set. We have several authors interested in participating, but I'd like to get more authors involved. This isn't a "submission" call technically, but if you're interested in being a part of it, shoot me an email. Here are the basics:

You must own the rights to your story. Preferred that it is self-pubbed or one that rights have reverted back to you (should already be edited). If it has never before been released, it still must be edited at your expense. It, of course, must be romance. Heat level doesn't matter, but there are some erotic romance stories involved, so you must be comfortable promoting that. The theme is workplace romances...in combination.

The boxed set will be priced cheaply ($0.99) and only be available for a month. I've talk to a co-op who has released some successful sets, and they have agreed to "release" it (handle the paperwork, accounting, etc). Because of the price, number of authors, and limited duration, the goal is not to make money off this set but to garner exposure. Many of the sets released have gone on to hit USA Today and NYT bestseller lists. Even the ones that don't have spurred sales of the participating authors' other books (I know this first hand). If the book you have is part of a series, even better.

Not sure how soon this will be released. It is still in the early stages. If you want your story considered email me off loop [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.