How to interpret amazon rankings?

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow! Congrats! I mean for preorder on a debut novel? You must have a kick ass blurb! Link?

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I don't think there's any force in the world that would keep a new author from obsessing about ratings! Even though I've been there before, I got caught up again in the constant checking. I'm glad to say it does get better after a while, and you become quite blasé about the ratings. As OH says, what matters is the publisher's statement. Though I haven't received one yet, my pub. does keep me updated via email.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Gingerwoman, I just sent you a PM. Let me know what you think but please don't tell me where the ranking is. I want to hang on to 19k in my head and keep my happy buzz. LOL!:D

Aruna, I guess I'll obsess once it releases proper. For now my high from last night has settled into a lovely little glow which, with everything else I have to write, I hope shall sustain me until then. Last night I also checked Goodreads, surprised to see that several people have marked the book as 'to be read' or similar. There's no blurb or anything so I don't get it. Do people do that just based on a title?

Maybe I am more laid back than most because I knew my book was put on there in March but never bothered to check until yesterday. Glad I did as it still has the 'holding' cover I was given so must get something done about that.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly it's flattering to get ANY sales on pre-order with your debut novel, I was totally shocked to get them when it happened to me.