Status
Not open for further replies.

Calle Jay

Romance Novelist & Freelance Editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.callejbrookes.com
Anybody else write romantic suspense? I'm thinking of starting a small discussion group/writing-encouragement group of romantic suspensers. I have many author friends, but most write other genres (specifically YA) and I was thinking it would be a nice thing to have a group of people who are romantic suspense authors and are familiar with the weaving of romance and suspense together!

Mare

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryjhicks.com
Hello!

I enjoy reading romantic suspense. The MS I'm working on now is in that genre.
I don't do strange (at least to me )characters or other world people though.:)

It would be fun to have a group just for this genre. Count me in, if I fit:flag:

VanessaNorth

Purple hair, not prose.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanessanorth.com
I'm plotting a romantic suspense now. It will be my first time writing in the subgenre, but I am excited about it.

I'm also editing a romantic suspense right now which I'm really enjoying.

I think I'd enjoy such a group :)

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
I've written a few. They are, by far, the hardest books to write for me. Trying to work nookie in while they're on the run and have it not seem absurd is difficult. :p Oh, we're two doors away from the bad guy, I must suck your peen now! no no, don't make a getaway, I want you now.

htrent

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.holleytrent.com
I've written a few. They are, by far, the hardest books to write for me. Trying to work nookie in while they're on the run and have it not seem absurd is difficult. :p Oh, we're two doors away from the bad guy, I must suck your peen now! no no, don't make a getaway, I want you now.

They are hard!

The PNR I'm writing right now sort of turned into one. I'm going to plod through to the end and see if it's salvageable, but I'm going to have to be more careful about plotting the next book in the series. This definitely isn't my niche.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I've written a novella once. I've tried writing in the genre since then but I've been a bit unsuccessful. They are really hard to write. I do like reading them a lot though. So, I think having a discussion group about them would be a great idea.

MsLaylaCakes

Playing the waiting game
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taraquan.com
I just finished what I plotted out as a contemporary romance. I was writing up my submission email when my husband pointed out I might want to consider putting the genre as romantic suspense since 3/4 of the book was dedicated to a botched kidnapping attempt, followed by a high speed car chase and roof top shoot-out....

The characters still managed some snuggle time though.

Count me in if you think DH might be right :p.

Calle Jay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.callejbrookes.com
LOL. Layla, it sounds like your DH might be right on this one!

I do both PNR and RS; RS is my definite first love, but it is a lot harder than doing the PNR. Probably why my PNR range from 15K-55K, and my RS 40K on up in word count.

Any more takers?

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
I write romantic suspense (I have a novel and a short story out right now)! :D I'd be interested for sure!

Calle Jay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.callejbrookes.com
Wonderful!
So how would you all prefer to work it? Through a private email loop? Or something else?

storygirl99

Registered
Reaction score
Interesting. I have a straight-up contemporary romance but it does have a strong suspense element (reporter and photog go undercover to investigate a cult). I have been reluctant to consider it suspense because I don't know that I understand how to pace and plot it correctly. I'd definitely be interested in learning more about how to write in the genre!

gcsalamon

Gina
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gcsalamon.blogspot.com
If you're open for one more, I'd love the opportunity to mix with you all.

All my writing is geared toward the romantic suspense end, similar to the thrillers written by the likes of Julie Garwood, Karen Robards and Sandra Brown.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful!
So how would you all prefer to work it? Through a private email loop? Or something else?
Personally I really don't enjoy email loops because I find the format so hard to follow. Why not just do it here?

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
Yeah, email loops are usually active for about a week, then everyone gets irritated. ;) I'd just do it here, or a yahoo group if you're worried about privacy, or a FB group.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be more likely to be involved in it if it is here. Of those other options Facebook is the only possible bearable one for me I belong to yahoo groups because I have to for a couple of things, but I would not want to join another one I find them so annoying it takes forever to find the original message that people are replying to and that's not fun.

SelmaW

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, here sounds good. In fact we could start... RIGHT NOW.

SelmaW

Registered
Reaction score
So! What's everyone working on? I'm doing edits on my female bodyguard story.

Status
Not open for further replies.