*giggles*

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I gotta say, I like wet/dry races, and wet/dry quail, but full wet anything is a bit crap. They all skate round at half-pace.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I think Ricciardo is the new wearer of the "If He Didn't Have Bad Luck He'd Have No Luck at All" crown.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I think he inherited it...

Hope Massa still has a job tomorrow... oh my.

And go Nico! Wow. This is going to be a weird year. (watch Caterhams & Marussias pass the Iceman and Sauber?!!)

It's so strange, I like it. =)

*now watching Juan Pablo's return to right hand turns!

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Hope Massa still has a job tomorrow... oh my.
Me, too. I kept answering for him in my head, "Sorry, you're coming in broken and stupid." Not that it was actually a stupid request, tactically. But remind me again by how many points Massa lost the 2008 championship? Yeah, thought so.
*now watching Juan Pablo's return to right hand turns!
I am so bummed out. I live about an hour from that race, but couldn't go today due to a stupid case of bronchitis. If one is going to be sick, wouldn't it be nice if there were nothing fun going on *and* it wasn't all sunshiny and beautiful? Aaaarrrrgggghhh!!!! :mad:

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
A) I love Nico Rosberg. My recording gave out just after he did that little tossing the microphone bit whole Benedict Cumberbatch (weird to see him there, but not bad) was interviewing Lewis.

B) Why are they penalizing Ricciardo twice for the tire thing?

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
He came into the pits, the crew put the tire on wrong and knew it, but released the car and then the team said stop! Ricciardo stopped, the crew ran out, pushed him back, put the wheel on right.

All of this happened without any FIA.

The race stewards/FIA said "Oh look, Redbull released Ricciardo with a loose wheel, that's unsafe."An unsafe release is an unsafe release" so that's a stop and go penalty. Ricciardo will need to return to the pits for a 5 second stop and go penalty.

Ricciardo returns to the pits and Redbull push the car into the garage.

Therefore: Penalty was never served. So FIA award a grid place penalty for the next race for not serving the penalty during the event as they were instructed.

:gaah

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I think the double penalty thing is actually enshrined into the rulebook for that offence - nothing to do with how they handled it on the day.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Just had to unplug the TV for the movers in the middle of the race. :(. Damn. That Mercedes on Mercedes action was starting to feel like racing pron :D.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
And just last year we were complaining about the Vettel Show reruns...

I enjoyed the Mercedes vs Mercedes, Ferrari vs Ferrari, and Vettel vs The World show today. Since I didn't get to watch it until a few moments ago, it's one of the rare instances that being a lonely F1 fan in the midst of the NASCAR nation has come in handy :D.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Great to see Daniel Ricciardo get his first win. And you gotta love that smile of his. It was nice to see Vettel happy for him too.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Hell yes, that was scary stuff.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Although there was much to celebrate, and it was a very exciting race, my heart broke in the first lap. Chilton's amazing run of consecutive finishes is over. =( So right there with all the hope and success of Monaco... I didn't want to keep watching, but I did.

I kinda wish I hadn't. The boys from Williams will be on the podium this year and I was so sure it was going to happen on Sunday. When I saw Filipe's wheel touch in that last lap... I screamed and closed my eyes. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see Riccardo get a podium they won't take away. It's nice to see Nico finish where he did, he deserves a great year! It was good to see a different team win a race! Amazing really... but the majority of my hope still rides with the eternal bridesmaids: those obviously good at what they do, but who have often lost out to plain old bad luck or some young upstart. ;)

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
of course I do have a smidge of bias :)

I haven't seen the entire race yet, it was on at 3.30am our time. woke up just in time to see them pull their cars in and take the podium -couldn't have woken up ten minutes earlier. have recorded it so will watch when I get a chance.

kelly you have a most admirable attitude :)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Great to see Daniel Ricciardo get his first win. And you gotta love that smile of his. It was nice to see Vettel happy for him too.

I did love that. And it was nice to think kindly of Vettel for a change. For me, he really devolved into an insufferable little shit for a while and I like to not want to box his ears.

So happy that Nico held it together. I've been team Rosberg from his start. I always thought he was an interesting character.

That's what I love about F1 - the height of technology and performance, but with a small enough cast to be a soap opera.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
That's what I love about F1 - the height of technology and performance, but with a small enough cast to be a soap opera.
Very astute observation. I'd never thought of it that way before.