Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

buirechain

Caution: (tries to) Walk on Water
Registered
Reaction score
Worst movie you'll admit (or not) to seeing?

:scared:

Aside from anything I've watched from the people at MST3K - The Gaul (2001). I was interested in the history, but the movie just drags on.

New Question of the Day:

Apart from your native country, which other country would you like to live in?

Ireland, first and foremost. Though I suppose I'd also like to try living somewhere in Europe that doesn't speak English as a first language. I'm reasonably good with languages (at least with European languages), and I'd like to try to live somewhere that would help me improve my foreign language skills.

J'Dubee

I make tall stories short
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jdubee.com
Camelot! Camelot!
I know it gives a person pause,
But in Camelot, Camelot
Those are the legal laws.
The snow may never slush upon the hillside.
By nine p.m. the moonlight must appear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.

Nassik

Registered
Reaction score
Admittedly, I'm rather partial to the U.S. despite how nice it is here in Australia. I'm still used to American foods, laws, and seasons. I don't think that I'll ever get used to having Christmas in the summer.

JohnL

Hmmmm...
Registered
Reaction score
I’ll toss in another vote for Australia -- I’m originally from Southern California so summertime weather during Christmas wouldn’t phase me a bit!

efultz

Registered
Reaction score
FRANCE! I studied abroad in Dijon (actually met my husband there), and I had never been so inspired...or so completely happy!

TheThrillerist

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Australia would be my country of choice. Decent all-year-round weather, a better voting system than the British system and it seems immigration is well controlled.

Nassik

Registered
Reaction score
The winter in Western Australia is mild though it is our rainy season. The coldest it got last year was around thirty degrees Fahrenheit. The summer has hit 40 degrees (108 Fahrenheit) a bit and that heat comes with humidity though it seems to hover in the nineties here (35 degrees Celsius). Being from California, though, it's odd to see the thermometer reach 100 degrees on Christmas day. There's no white Christmas here. :)

Immigration to Australia is very well controlled. It took six months and a lot of paperwork to get into Australia. Or I could've jumped into a boat and as soon as I saw Australia I could have lit the boat on fire. That method seems to work, too.

TheThrillerist

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
What I wouldn't give to wear shorts year round.
I am a typical Englishman, as soon as a bit of sun is peeping through, I go out in T-Shirts even if it is 10C!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
What I wouldn't give to wear shorts year round.
I am a typical Englishman, as soon as a bit of sun is peeping through, I go out in T-Shirts even if it is 10C!

The English aren't as hardy as they like to make out. The first time I got to Kent (straight from the north of Scotland) it was raining, and everyone was dashing around, hiding under umbrellas and standing in shop doorways to try and keep the rain off them. For me, the weather was beautiful, coming from near-arctic conditions, and it didn't matter a jot that it was raining - it was, to me, warm rain. I walked about in a t-shirt for the better part of a week before deciding that I stood out a little too much...