My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
My kids absolutely love this show. They have a couple of ponies as well. I keep watching with them. I grew adoring My Little Pony, and at first hated they changed the look. But I have to admit I really like it. Oh, and Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash are my favorites.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
shoop1.jpg

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now that's more like it

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I am so f***ing tired of grimdark, and even more f***ing tired of Tyrant/Evil Celestia fanfiction.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I am so f***ing tired of grimdark, and even more f***ing tired of Tyrant/Evil Celestia fanfiction.
I'm not a big fan of grimdark, but some of it is alright. Though I completely agree about the Tyrant Celestia. She's one of the best characters and isn't evil at all.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
There's grimdark pony fic? Man, I'm missing out. *is lost and confused in a confusing world*

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
There's grimdark pony fic? Man, I'm missing out. *is lost and confused in a confusing world*
Just go to Equastria Daily and search for the Grimdark tag. There's plenty of them. In my opinion, most of them aren't that good. The authors go a bit overboard on the grimdark elements.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I read one where Big Mac raped and slaughtered the Cutie Crusaders. Not necessarily in that order. It was pretty frightening.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
I read Bittersweet. :(

And I criiiiiiiieeeeddd

And now I have such a headache. And I'm so sad. I think part of me feels like it was real. You know, canon-wise. I'm gonna have to cling to the idea that the alternative ending was true. Yeah. It was all a dream. :cry:

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I read Bittersweet. :(

And I criiiiiiiieeeeddd

And now I have such a headache. And I'm so sad. I think part of me feels like it was real. You know, canon-wise. I'm gonna have to cling to the idea that the alternative ending was true. Yeah. It was all a dream. :cry:
Yeah, that one has a really sad ending. (SPOILERS) Ghost Pinkie Pie asking the others to giggle at the ghostie before she leaves is just heartbreaking.

Two other good sad fics are Nightfall at Sweet Apple Acres and Claro de Luna.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At Deviant Art I've been reading the Transformers fanfic, in one Starscream was so brutalized through the whole thing I was actually nauseous by the end.

Not a fan of sad fanfic.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I never wanted to think of that MC Hammer song again in my life. Thanks for dredging that damnable earworm out of my suppressed memories...

The therapy bills are going to be sent to you now.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
They need to do more with Twilight Sparkle.
She was given interesting traits in the first season, but none of them really seemed to play out.

• There's her name; Twilight Sparkle is a very interesting name with the context of the entire day/night history of Equestria and the relationship of the Royal Sisters, what with twilight existing at the interims between day and night. May have been played out with Twilight helping bring back Luna. But it would be cooler if they did more than that, like having Twilight help the sisters reconcile in season 2.
  • She has a great deal more magical power and talent than most other Ponies, even before she gained the Element of Magic.
  • There's her whole mane and tail bursting into flame in Feeling Pinkie Keen. It could have just been a visual metaphor (like when she drank the hot sauce in episode 1) for anger/frustration, but it'd much cooler if some sort of plot point was made out of it, particularly since it's implied that her doing that was supposed to be a major "doozy."
The other ponies also have unique traits that were only briefly touched on in season 1:
Rainbow Dash: Has a rainbow streak behind, unlike other ponies, and can accomplish a Sonic Rainboom. Touched on, but unexplained. At the least the concept should be explored more.
Fluttershy: The whole Stare thing...yeah, that deserves some development.
Pinkie Pie: I get she had a dreary childhood, but I don't think that explains a psychotic break into delusions and bi-polar moods.

Applejack and Rarity also have their quirks, but I don't think they're as extreme as the others.

Edit: And just because.

Last edited: