merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Whizzzzzzzzz... that was March flying by. Ha! I did not write once in March. Had a horrible cold for a solid week requiring me to stay home in bed (thank goodness for sick leave).

Sales were about the same, around 40 or 50. I used to track and chart so carefully, but not anymore. Now I just check sales stats every few days or so. My Smashwords and affiliates sales are about half what they were last year at this time. In 2013 I had an inexplicable increase at Smashwords, but that stopped toward the end of the year. Through most of the year, I had been selling in about an equal split Amazon KDP and Smashwords and affiliates.

I don't want to jinx April, but I really need to get back into a writing routine. I noticed I said the same thing at the beginning of March. Hmm...

grayworld

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, merrihiatt. I hope to have sales as solid as yours someday. I've been struggling with climbing back into the writing chair too, lately. Hope you're feeling better and getting back into that consistent writing routine.

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope you're able to get back into your writing groove soon.

cwbrowning

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cwbrowning.com
Thanks for the update, Merri! I love how consistent your sales are. I hope to hit that kind of consistency some day!

I went through a writing drought as well through January and February. Then, with some help from some wonderful people, I snapped out of it. Now, I'm back in the groove and feeling great. Sometimes I think we just need to go with the ebb and flow of the muse, realizing that when she wants a vacation, she's gonna get her vacation! LOL But she always seems to come back. :)

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
I know everyone else in the SP forum will be saddened to see the news about Merri here. She was always such a support to everyone here, celebrating their successes and offering encouragement through the difficult times.

Deleted member 42

I've been in touch with Merri's pastor, who informs me that Merri suffered a heart attack yesterday, and passed away last night.

She will be very much missed. I know our sympathies go out to her family and loved ones.

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
I've been in touch with Merri's pastor, who informs me that Merri suffered a heart attack yesterday, and passed away last night.

She will be very much missed. I know our sympathies go out to her family and loved ones.

Oh no. Oh no. I am so sorry.

Merri was such a pillar of this community. She was amazing, and inspiring, and she will be very, very missed. I learned so much from her. She was incredibly generous and unfailingly kind.

If there is an address to send regrets/flowers to, someone please let me know over PM.

Little Ming

Registered
Reaction score
My god. This is too sudden. I just can't... there are no words.

:(

GinJones

Registered
Reaction score
I'm stunned. She was always so upbeat and positive and forward-looking.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
How incredibly sad. I will miss following her writing journey.

Rest in peace.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
This comes like a bolt out of the blue. Hers was one of very few self-publishing threads I follow; I just loved her upbeat attitude and generosity towards others. My heart goes out to her family and friends. She will be sorely missed here.

JustJas

Registered
Reaction score
I don't visit this site much but when I do Merri's thread is one I always check up on. This is terribly sad news. She was such a passionate and prolific writer. I am just one of many who have been inspired by her journey and her generosity in sharing it.

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I was so very sad to learn of Merri's passing. She was always generous in her support of others, and was an inspiration to me.

I've closed this thread as it seems inappropriate to continue it without her.

Status
Not open for further replies.