Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning :Sun:

It's the last of the bill paying for this month today. There is £1.74 left in the bank account :dire:

At least we're in profit though, even if it's not by much. Also those nice people at Writer's Digest sent me a $5 coupon and the thing I want is $5.99. So I can easily slip that in. Phew!

:Coffee:

Off to try and back read then. One day I'll note which page we're on before I switch off - that sounds waaaay to logical doesn't it?

Hey Fen, do you have another cold?

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning. Dogs had a restless night, as did I. They don't seem to be in pain or listless, so a tentative yay. No playing today, though.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning :Sun:

It's the last of the bill paying for this month today. There is £1.74 left in the bank account :dire:

At least we're in profit though, even if it's not by much. Also those nice people at Writer's Digest sent me a $5 coupon and the thing I want is $5.99. So I can easily slip that in. Phew!

:Coffee:

Off to try and back read then. One day I'll note which page we're on before I switch off - that sounds waaaay to logical doesn't it?

Hey Fen, do you have another cold?

Yay for profit. I hope you can get ahead though. Money is scary when you don't have it.

And do you not know about the view unread from the SFF forum page??

And I'm a bit flemmy but mostly sick of getting up pre4am. Dire.

Morning. Dogs had a restless night, as did I. They don't seem to be in pain or listless, so a tentative yay. No playing today, though.

Tentative :hooray:

Fried egg sandwich

Result

<-- Jealous.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
dreamed about my WIP all night. Working on characters this morning, still picking a little at the plot, though not pushing it. I'm hoping the characters will inform the plot.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's kewl, Junely :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
One scene should be very interesting in this WIP. But it all depends whether or not I can find somebody who can translate Gullah. If I can't, then I'm going to have to modify the scene.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
And do you not know about the view unread from the SFF forum page??

Huh? What? Can can do what now?

*Offers fried egg sandwich in exchange for information*

ETA: Scoffs sandwich. i have found it. Thank you for pointing out what would have been obvious if I had read my way around the page properly at the start.

*Looks embarrassed*

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Today is potty training day. We've sat on the potty once so far and that went well. But now Little K is upset because he has to drink water all day.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Do you suppose it matters that I feel the need to read Harry Potter again?

It only matters if you don't have a copy already, because your bank account is tapped, according to your earlier post. Beyond that, nah, enjoy yourself.

For myself, I got started doing a little MINOR research, and got sucked down the rabbit hole. Now, instead of working on character, I'm reading menus from luxury liners during the 1920's.

Speaking of.... I'm working on the character again that's demanded to be homosexual. It's set in the 1920's, and I'm seeing this guy as a very urbane, sophisticated. He gets very action oriented later in the story, but when he's not getting his badass on, he's the type to go to five-star restaurants and stay at the Algonquin Hotel, that sort of thing.

Is that cliche for a homosexual character?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
It only matters if you don't have a copy already, because your bank account is tapped, according to your earlier post. Beyond that, nah, enjoy yourself.

No, I'm ok. I already have a copy. And if I didn't I would try the library anyway. I'm glad you said it was ok though as I'm on chapter 3.

It's subject to interruption though as I am watching the bobsleigh from Lake Placid on the other screen.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Weird week is weird. I woke this morning and my face hurts significantly less. Antibiotics seem to be doing their job.

Also, I've had all these job woes, right? If any of you remember, I interviewed for a full time position with the company I'm at right now back at the beginning of August. I never heard anything & in the system the job status became "On Hold" so I figured that I would never hear anything.

Yesterday, I received a phone call from the hiring manager offering me the position. I formally accepted this morning. I have to receive some paperwork, get a background check, etc. And of course, schedule my transition from one area to the other. I'm pretty excited! My commute will cut in half and a bunch of other things. It almost feels like it fell into my lap at just the right time.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Weird week is weird. I woke this morning and my face hurts significantly less. Antibiotics seem to be doing their job.

Also, I've had all these job woes, right? If any of you remember, I interviewed for a full time position with the company I'm at right now back at the beginning of August. I never heard anything & in the system the job status became "On Hold" so I figured that I would never hear anything.

Yesterday, I received a phone call from the hiring manager offering me the position. I formally accepted this morning. I have to receive some paperwork, get a background check, etc. And of course, schedule my transition from one area to the other. I'm pretty excited! My commute will cut in half and a bunch of other things. It almost feels like it fell into my lap at just the right time.

Awesome, Tori! :hooray:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That is pretty damn great! Congratulations! :hooray:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been to Lake Placid. My family used to go for the skiing.

And awesomesauce for TJ :)

Huh? What? Can can do what now?

*Offers fried egg sandwich in exchange for information*

ETA: Scoffs sandwich. i have found it. Thank you for pointing out what would have been obvious if I had read my way around the page properly at the start.

*Looks embarrassed*

I'd been a member of Aw for awhile before Cantina 1.0 came to life. I bad a hard time finding my spot if someone didnt rep me so that I'd be in the right general area. Months later someone mentioned the little arrow link casually. I was all Whaaaaa???

:D

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, that's english.

Although that's very very trancy music. I don't like it personally. So I wouldn't say you're old. Just sane.

:p I know, I was teasing back.

*sets table for stanley*

Although you'll have to make do without the ham. I don't have any here.

Oh good. I like sane much better than old. And YAY for Eggs Benedict minus the ham. *noms da yummy food*

Weird week may be weird, but it looks like it is turning out for the better! Yay for less hurting and Yay for full time job.

For myself, I got started doing a little MINOR research, and got sucked down the rabbit hole. Now, instead of working on character, I'm reading menus from luxury liners during the 1920's.

Speaking of.... I'm working on the character again that's demanded to be homosexual. It's set in the 1920's, and I'm seeing this guy as a very urbane, sophisticated. He gets very action oriented later in the story, but when he's not getting his badass on, he's the type to go to five-star restaurants and stay at the Algonquin Hotel, that sort of thing.

Is that cliche for a homosexual character?

I don't know if it's cliche but I like the thought of it.

Today is potty training day. We've sat on the potty once so far and that went well. But now Little K is upset because he has to drink water all day.

I wish you luck! Potty training did not go well in our house, it took months and we still have some issues (although I think there is a physiological issue that we need to figure out how to work through).

Do you suppose it matters that I feel the need to read Harry Potter again?

Mmmm, Potter. No, must not add more to the TBR. I've already read it I need to get this other list down first.

One scene should be very interesting in this WIP. But it all depends whether or not I can find somebody who can translate Gullah. If I can't, then I'm going to have to modify the scene.

Call me and we'll talk about this.

ION: I just realized how big Little Man Ford is getting. I want to quit thinking about it. I don't want him to grow up anymore.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Given your setting, I'd say that's appropriate regardless of his orientation. So definitely not a gay cliche if that's what your after.

Remember, it was the Roaring 20s for a reason.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.