Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfly45

Purveyor of the Sparkly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.colbymarshall.blogspot.com
Caleb, I'm so glad you've found a doc who suits you. Continue on the path you're taking- it sounds like a good one.

Billie- the books look fab! Woot!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
jo, yeah. i actually have really good teeth.
one tiny cavity in my adult life.
it's my gums that suffer greatly due
to my connective tissue disorder.
(where's tim? i'm convinced he's a mutant
with me. =)

but having a hunk of tooth fall out for
no apparent reason?

no bueno.

I had zero cavities, ever - until pregnancy #2. I kept getting up to eat in the middle of the night. Then after giving birth I was like, eh, better go get my teeth cleaned, and I was so emotionally out of it I didn't even think twice when she was like "You have four cavities, I need to fill them all." Yeeeeeah, I didn't realize it could go so very wrong. And now I'm still paying the price. Sigh.

Good luck with your hunk of tooth. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. I had a friend in high school who had a chip knocked out of her front tooth and her filler was always coming off. Then again, she was a black belt in karate, soooo that was basically why.

Root canal in the morning! HOORAY!!! :D

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Caleb, I'm so glad you've found a doc who suits you. Continue on the path you're taking- it sounds like a good one.

Apropos of nothing....

The shrink I saw during my divorce is on Bravos L. A. Shrinks. He was amazing, so I hope this works out for him.

Also, only in L. A.!

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Hahah! Oh, Blonde...love it!

Jo, glad you're getting your tooth fixed. X-Cin, hope yours is okay.

Caleb, thanks for keeping us posted. I'm so impressed by you.

Suki -- WHOO HOO!!! Congratulations!!!

Billie -- HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY!!!

Me -- typing bad. Catch y'all later!

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
Blondchen, looking through the last few posts on this page (I'm a lurker), I saw the cover for Ten in your sig. Just wanted to tell you that the book trailer is fabulous. I showed it to my students a few weeks ago, and asked our librarian to order a couple of copies:)

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Blondie, only in L.A. would "my shrink is on TV!" be construed as good news. In most of the rest of the world, there would be a perp walk accompanying that news.

Good luck with the teeth, Xiao and Jo!

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Warning Sappy moment ahead

I want to say thank you so much to all of you. I know I can be a pain in the ass, opinionated, incredibly difficult, and stubborn, but the support that Purgatory has given me during this time has been heart warming, incredible, and at times it has given me a foundation to stand on. A few of you extracted promises from when I first started crumbling not to do anything to myself and there has been times that those promises acted as fragile lifelines.

Really all the purgies I've started viewing as a family and I do love all of you in your own rights. I worry about each of you during your hard times or if you've not been around in a while.

So again thank you very much for the support all of you have given me.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Oh bless you, Caleb. You're a pretty amazing person yourself. xxxx

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Suki, said it on twitter, but congrats again!!

Billie, yay for books!

(((Caleb))) So glad you found a good doc. We're all rooting for you.

Jo, good luck with the tooth.

Blond, that's hilarious.

Waiting to see if we get slammed with snow. Have to run a training this afternoon, don't have all the materials ready (not my fault nor anything I can do about it, but it sucks), and if the snow is bad, I'll get stuck here because of it. Can we jump ahead to the weekend, please?

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

I think I'm coming down with something. Let's hope it decides to derail.

((Caleb))

((Lily))

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk.

Struggling with mood this morning, mostly for financial woes. Nothing dire, just the same old "When do I get to stop worrying about this crap" wish. I'm a published author! I was supposed to be rich by now, dammit!

Creeper's working from home again today. As much as I want him to be put on a performance plan, I will also dread it, because he won't be able to work from home then and I'll have to see him every single day. Bleh.

Other than that, I got nothing. Keep on keeping on or something.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Purgies!

Well, snowmageddon has passed and it turned out to me more bluster than blizzard. Not enough snow to go sledding down the hill with the girls.

(((Caleb))) Glad to hear you hooked up with a good doc and I hope the new meds work fast and well. Your tenacity is serving you well.

(((Jo))) and (((Cindy))) Good luck with the root canal and the missing chunk.

Blue - Congrats on the busy business and sorta-congrats on the new forced savings plan.

Blond - Your shrink is on Bravo TV! That makes you a bona-fide celebrity! I can't wait to tell everyone I know you! :)

Happy book birthday, billie!
+1!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Xiao, I was amazed at how much tooth my dentist could re-create out of thin air a couple years ago. I had a huge filling in a molar (There was a large family that lived in a shoe, With so many children they didn't supervise the toothbrushing of the younger kids as they did their older siblings) and one entire side of the tooth broke away. A piece as big as my pinky's fingernail. They inserted a tooth-shaped mold in there--that was the hardest part, since my jaws are small--and squirted in some magical plastic, shone a purple light at it, then removed the mold and sanded it to mimic the shape that felt right to me. I can't even feel or see where the fake joins the real.

Apparently location affects success--when I broke my nose and the ends of my front teeth chipped, the repairs fell off within a year, as did their replacements. Since my teeth were kind of big for my jaw, they just filed them shorter until the chip is not noticeable, although my tongue feels it to this day.
Yay for books, billie!
I add my applause to the cacophony. (Is that how you spell that?)

Caleb, glad you checked in and that you got a doc who clicks with you.
I'm glad, too--but somebody please tell me I'm not the only one who read that as a doc who dicks with you.

Maryn, elderly eyes and teeth

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Blondchen, looking through the last few posts on this page (I'm a lurker), I saw the cover for Ten in your sig. Just wanted to tell you that the book trailer is fabulous. I showed it to my students a few weeks ago, and asked our librarian to order a couple of copies:)

Thank you so much!!!! :)

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Blondie, only in L.A. would "my shrink is on TV!" be construed as good news. In most of the rest of the world, there would be a perp walk accompanying that news.

Ain't it the truth.

The other piece of this story: a reality show casting friend of mine had put out a FB call for "TV-friendly psychiatrists" in the LA area for a new cable show, and I immediately recommended Dr. Greg. But Dr. Greg had already shot a show for Bravo. BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Also only in LA!

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Struggling with mood this morning, mostly for financial woes. Nothing dire, just the same old "When do I get to stop worrying about this crap" wish. I'm a published author! I was supposed to be rich by now, dammit!

Exactly. Where's my standard rich and famous contract? I'm tired of wondering if I'll have enough for next month's rent!

Status
Not open for further replies.