NFL - 2013 season

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Welp, Ravens dodged a bit of a bullet since the other AFCN teams couldn't win their opener either. Also, even though they lost, I gotta give the Bills tons of credit for playing as well as they did. They didn't win but damn they were impressive. They may have finally found their quarterback.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Titans 16, Steelers 9.

I would have expected just the reverse, especially since they were playing in Pittsburgh.

Orangetober

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Titans 16, Steelers 9.

I would have expected just the reverse, especially since they were playing in Pittsburgh.

Two season-ending injuries to key players in the opening game? I do not envy Pittsburgh.

It was a pretty back and forth game in San Francisco vs. the Packers but I'm glad the better (re: my) team was able to finish it!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Just watched the Cowboys v Giants and all I can say is:

:Wha:

How did the Giants get within 5 of winning it? They played like donkeys the whole game!

Last edited:

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I give thanks to the Lions. They beat the Vikings. Now the Bears just beat the Vikings and the Lions and my season is almost complete....

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
The fight between Staley and Morris... the NFL have come out and said Staley shouldn't have been flagged. But did they ask the ref what was said by Staley to Morris? Foul and abusive language can count as UC, can't it?

PandaMan

Panda girls are the best!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big Broncos fan so am happy with their win. Doesn't take the sting away from last year's playoff game though. They might have looked pretty impressive in that second half but I think they really have issues with their running game. I think it will bite them hard sometime later in the season.

Last edited:

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I need help, please. My Googlefu has gone for a few beers and a game so...

Seattle Seahawks - what's their win record home and away? I have the impression that they win a lot more at home than away but some stats would be good.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Miranda, we were undefeated at home last year (8-0) and 11-5 overall, so 3-5 away from home. We do have difficulty with the cross-county travel and then having to play in what is the morning, our time, but there seems to be a change afoot there. OTOH, we play several away games against last-year's playoff teams. We shall see...

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Man, when it rains it pours. Ravens rookie receiver, Mellete who showed great potential during the preseason is now on injured reserved. The Ravens are down to four active receivers for the next month or so. Lord knows they aren't going to get help from the Ravens' backup tightends. Injuries are decimating the offense.

However, there might be one bright spot in this that can help right the ship, undrafted rookie receiver Brown. He showed chemistry with Flacco in the preseason and had some great catches in that Denver game. Welp, during this season, he's going to get a trial by fire and we'll see if the Ravens struck gold with him.

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
The problem with having my team playing in a high profile Sunday Night game is that I'll spend all day with a nervous stomach. I'm having to rely on the Redskins-Packers, then the Manning Bowl to provide adequate distraction. :D

(And thanking higher powers we don't have the "slow-death-by-injury" situation Baltimore's got. Sorry Shadow Dragon. That su--stinks!)

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Skins will bounce back. Maybe not this week against GB, but they will bounce back.

I am not sure Philly though will be able to keep that fast paced, spread offense going more than a couple of games before defensive coordinators find the flaws.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I was hoping they would beat Green Bay so that my boys would be the ones with a winning record but what the hey.....

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I am not sure Philly though will be able to keep that fast paced, spread offense going more than a couple of games before defensive coordinators find the flaws.

People have been saying that about Kelly's offense since he started running it at Oregon. No one's found the flaw yet. Unfortunately. (Being a University of Washington alumna.) Defensive players have to have enough oxygen to do anything to stop it, and most just don't.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Man, the Ravens are really struggling to find a rhythm. They badly need somebody (other than Torrey Smith, who's already getting all the defense's attention) to step up.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I'm having one heart attack after another here and I'm only watching the drive chart. God knows what state I'd be in if I watching the game! LOL!

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Ravens did what they do best, win ugly. Still no excuse for struggling on offense for the first half. Also, Ray Rice injured, don't know how bad it is yet. I'm not worried about the running game too much since Pierce is possibly the better pure running back, he just doesn't have Rice's versatile nature. Still, not having Rice as an option would hurt the passing game, which is already limping along.

Only real bright spots of the game were rookie receiver Brown, and the pass rush.