The Ashes 2013 - part two

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
oops, Root's just been caught off Lyon. I think I mozzed him. hey that gives me an idea ...

wilchris

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
< sigh >

Oh dear oh dear......
Sigh indeed. At least in the UK you only get up the bad news. Here in Bangkok we're so much closer in time difference, I end up living the misery through the day.:flag:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aaand there it is.

The England batsmen should be buying Monty Panesar's drinks the rest of the tour. He's taken all the pressure at the end.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to Ben Stokes on a fabulous century.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Wow this is getting interesting, shame I'm at work and can't watch it for another hour and a half. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask whether you guys in England get it on free to air telly, and do you get your own commentators or our coverage?
Hope you poms are up early and watching/listening :)

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Ok so I wrote the above post at lunchtime in the cricket. Next time I checked the scores and it was all over. Now I'm stoked (no pun...) that we've won the Ashes but it would have been great to have a live series going into the MCG test. They reckon there could still be over 90000 there on Boxing Day, that'll be some atmosphere.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Wow this is getting interesting, shame I'm at work and can't watch it for another hour and a half. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask whether you guys in England get it on free to air telly, and do you get your own commentators or our coverage?
Hope you poms are up early and watching/listening :)

It is all on paid-to-view satellite/cable, no highlights at all on free-to-view. All we've got for free is the sublime Test Match Special team.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
It is all on paid-to-view satellite/cable, no highlights at all on free-to-view. All we've got for free is the sublime Test Match Special team.

well that's just crap :(

We always get home tests and one day games on free to air here (touch wood) and had the last England series on free to air too. This year we've got your 'Bumble' commentating (for the first time here I think) with Warnie et al. Love his stories.

Nualláin

Registered
Reaction score
How many times has this happened? England get them on the ropes, five or six down for a pittance, then Haddin and company come in and turn it on its head.

Smith and Haddin have batted well today since getting in, but the bowling has been from average to just plain dreadful. The temperament from the attack is terrible, and they've got no control.

Nualláin

Registered
Reaction score
Of course, Haddin edges to slip just after I post that... Still a good position though. England are far too fragile with the bat to be looking for 250+ at the SCG.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
How many times has this happened? England get them on the ropes, five or six down for a pittance, then Haddin and company come in and turn it on its head.

Smith and Haddin have batted well today since getting in, but the bowling has been from average to just plain dreadful. The temperament from the attack is terrible, and they've got no control.

This is what the England lower order led by Prior used to do. They seem to have lost the ability to identify the correct end of a bat to hold at the moment.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that was fun.

God bless Darren Lehmann :)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear English AWers:

:Hug2:

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
can I add just one of these?

:partyguy:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Wouldn't be a much fun if one side won all the time! [said through gritted teeth]

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Memories of an English summer made it much more fun than it should have been. No hang on, it still would have been fun :D