The MTS Braggatorium

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok this could be nothing or it could be something but a production studio, I mean a BIG production studio just ordered my book. I don't want to say too much as I don't want them or my book title to be Google found in this post you know? Like I'm being all squeeeee even though I am. :)

The c/o address was odd so I Googled the c/o, then the guy. And just in case, I Googled the address. Its real.

It's the book in my siggy before the "on Amazon" link. As far as the company, I'm talking big movies and TV shows. If something did happen, I would of course come back and say, but even if they don't do anything with it just the fact they ordered it is cool. I'm going to frame the packing slip. :D

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, HS.

I know this is not exactly M/T/S but I've just been offered a contract for my non-fiction book 'Bully-proof' (about combating bullying in SA schools) from Random House/Struik. You are all my friends here and I wanted to share my excitement with you. :D

Brilliant news, Gail. Congrats.:hooray:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
HS, I hope you've got your Oscar outfit all picked out.

Gail, that's marvelous! And a great topic, too.

And go, Mark and Lucie! You guys inspire me.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Congrats, Gail! Exciting possibilities, HS!

And I just got my first fan letter today! I've had friends tell me they liked GF&M, and strangers have reviewed it, but this was new. So excited I teared up, just a little.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Gail! Exciting possibilities, HS!

And I just got my first fan letter today! I've had friends tell me they liked GF&M, and strangers have reviewed it, but this was new. So excited I teared up, just a little.

:hooray:That's awesome, BFG! :D

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
DISTORTION just hit the top 100 in Kindle murder mysteries. :snoopy: Update, now the top 40! yay!

Update, Tuesday morning it is number 14 in Kindle murder mysteries, approaching 1000 overall. SO happy!

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
DISTORTION just hit the top 100 in Kindle murder mysteries. :snoopy: Update, now the top 40! yay!

Update, Tuesday morning it is number 14 in Kindle murder mysteries, approaching 1000 overall. SO happy!

GO, LUCIE! This is awesome! And well-deserved - it's a fabulous book.

:hooray::hooray::hooray:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Woohoo! So, what color will your new yacht be? :D

Congrats!

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Last edited:

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
That is very cool Lucie! It is a great book. I really got into the uniqueness of all the characters.

And Bflogal fan mail is so exciting! I like when people send notes to our office about our history quarterly saying they like an article I wrote. It is such a day brightener isn't it?

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Whoo-hoo!:hooray:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Way to go, Lucie! :hooray:

Just had a good friend in Australia send me this as a Christmas gift. I was playing around in Photoshop, trying to come up with an idea for the cover of my next book and she saw it on Facebook. She did a banner as well as the eBook and paperback covers! What a friend. Thanks to Patti Roberts. You can check it out on my Facebook Author page. Feel free to "like" if you want. :D

https://www.facebook.com/AuthorKenHoss?ref=hl

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Looks awesome Ken. And I liked your page. Ironically my page has a similar banner, though with one book instead of FOUR! And good luck with your new book, Ken.

And I wanted to thank everyone for all your support. My book is plummeting for the moment but it might get a small boost when my article for Your Teen goes online later this month. Still, the top was kinda fun while it lasted and has brought in some mail and new fans wanting a sequel--so I think a fun step.

As my publisher keeps saying, write, WRITE. Pen the next book, a new article or short story. Never stop. One builds on the next and if you keep building, all it takes is the right person reading one of them to get a "pop" like I just had.

Have a great December everyone!

Last edited:

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
... so I found out today that I've been published.

Nine years ago, actually. Turns out there's an excerpt from a short story I wrote for a competition[SUP]1[/SUP] in an educational textbook on creative writing. (Not as an example of good or bad, just showing a technique.) Now I've seen it, I vaguely remember giving permission for my story to be used, but until today I would have sworn blind nothing ever happened with it!

... I'm thinking this doesn't count as a credit for my queries :D

1: I came second, grumble grumble. And it was just a school competition, so there were no prizes as such.

Last edited: