Camp JulyNoWriMo!

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I had a few hours of crushing writer-misery today, as I convinced myself the story was actually crap and I only like it because I'm a self-indulgent hack.

Then a friend told me I was an idiot, and to get back to writing, so I put 1.2k in, and moved on.

I've still got some soreness from the crushing writer-misery, but the work wasn't so bad.

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
I'm falling farther behind :cry:

Hopefully I can get some decent catch-up time in this weekend.

This is largely how I feel. I theoretically can still catch up without adjusting my wordcount goal down. That is, if I even still want to stick with the same novel. Other ideas rear their heads, as always.

I did some work on it in my workshop today, used the prompts to further chapters regardless of the completeness of prior chapters. We'll see how things go.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a few hours of crushing writer-misery today, as I convinced myself the story was actually crap and I only like it because I'm a self-indulgent hack.

Then a friend told me I was an idiot, and to get back to writing, so I put 1.2k in, and moved on.

I've still got some soreness from the crushing writer-misery, but the work wasn't so bad.

You've got a good friend there.

I just haven't had time to write much over the last few days - a few hundred words here and there, mostly. I sat in rehearsal today for nearly 3 hours and didn't do a thing; the whole time I was wishing I'd brought my laptop with me.

I'd be writing right now if I wasn't expecting family to show up any minute for an unannounced overnighter. Oy.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
I've fallen very much behind but I figured my WIP out and know where I'm going, so I'm happy about that.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
My goal was only 10k...and yet I'm pathetically behind.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
You've got a good friend there.

I just haven't had time to write much over the last few days - a few hundred words here and there, mostly. I sat in rehearsal today for nearly 3 hours and didn't do a thing; the whole time I was wishing I'd brought my laptop with me.

I'd be writing right now if I wasn't expecting family to show up any minute for an unannounced overnighter. Oy.

Yes, I do. I really just needed someone to tell me how ludicrous the whole thing was...

I get that often at work, feeling like I could be writing, instead of staring at the computer doing nothing. For the month, I've gotten into the habit of throwing one (or two) scene plan into the google doc to work on if I have time.

Hopefully, your surprise family visit is a lot of fun, and then they give you time to write :)

Folks behind pace - C'mon! it's a nano-month, throw some ninjas in there!

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I got home from my trip earlier than expected, and I'm working on "Grave Error" today, a chapter book, due for release this December.

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
Yes, I do. I really just needed someone to tell me how ludicrous the whole thing was...

I get that often at work, feeling like I could be writing, instead of staring at the computer doing nothing. For the month, I've gotten into the habit of throwing one (or two) scene plan into the google doc to work on if I have time.

Hopefully, your surprise family visit is a lot of fun, and then they give you time to write :)

Folks behind pace - C'mon! it's a nano-month, throw some ninjas in there!

I'm using a lion as my ninjas just now. Really need to decide if I'm going to fall in love with this all over again or if I need to get going on something new/lower my wordcount goal/SOMETHING.

But ninjas are typically a good suggestion! :D

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
This is largely how I feel. I theoretically can still catch up without adjusting my wordcount goal down. That is, if I even still want to stick with the same novel. Other ideas rear their heads, as always.

Erg, that's an annoying problem to have during a NaNo.

I'm so far managing to stick to this one, but I don't really like editing, so shiny new ideas are trying to distract me, too :tongue

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm powering ahead! Just closing in on 34k tonight and hoping to spend the whole weekend writing. This totally justifies the lack of work I've done this month. :D

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I actually got just over 500 words written today, which surprised me. I got released from rehearsal early, and the guests were out playing putt-putt golf, so I had the house to myself for a few hours. Then we all went out to dinner and I ended up talking literature with my 12 year-old niece and my brother-in-law - also a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Today's to do list is huge again:
- proofread a manuscript for a client
- edit four chapters for another client
- write three reviews for on my book review blog
- work on "Grave Error", a chapter book in the Weirdville series, write 2k
- go through edits for "Soul Thief" (My editor sent me eight chapters, and I want to go through them asap)

Updates so far:
- I finished editing four chapters for a client
- Managed to proofread four chapters of a book by another client. Ten chapters to go.

Time for an ice cream break!

Last edited:

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going writing with a friend today after work. I could hit my goal today, if it's a good day. I'm 3k short right now.

Considering it's the 19th, and I've got all afternoon to write, it looks likely.

OR I could be ambitious and raise my word count goal...

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Did you reach your wordcount goal, CoffeeBeans?

I'm hoping for another productive day, but I'm going out the entire afternoon (a long overdue visit to my aunt and cousin) so I might not get a lot done.

Today's to do list:
- study 10 pages of International Private Law
- proofread remaining 3 chapters for a client
- proofread 5 chapters for another project
- work on thesis (implement info from one book)
- go through edits for Soul Thief, chapters 4-8
- do a reading for my business law class
- write 3 reviews on my book review blog
- add reviews I wrote so far this month on Goodreads, Netgalley, Amazon and B&N
- write 3k in my current chapter book draft.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
I have friends visiting.. and I need to show them London... they're keeping me from writing ;)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Broke through 40k (with nearly 15k written before Camp Nano) and still a long way to go on this project.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! Cracked 50k last night. I still have a metric truckload more work to do before this baby is finished.

Dr-I-Know-All

Registered
Reaction score
Validated my word count this morning! Felt so good to press the button!

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
hi wrimos! looks like everyone has been super successful!!! congrats on all the 40k/50k marks!!

I wanted to do Camp this month, but was feeling really run down writing-wise, so I took a bit of a hiatus. I'm really glad I did, though I think I really needed it. I came back to it fresh yesterday and wrote over 1,000!!! My best yet. Super excited to get this final rewrite done. I'm at 11,000 words. :)

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Today's to do list:
- write 3 reviews for on my book review blog, and 1 mini-review
- write 1k in my chapter book project -> reach 12k words
- write until the end of the chapter book project (first draft)
- go through edits for "Soul Thief", chapter 4-8
- go through edits for "Soul Thief", chapter 9-12

- write blog post on my author blog
- edit 5 chapters for a client

If I have some spare time, I want to write another 4 reviews on my blog, and another mini-review, but I doubt I'll have time for that.

Last edited:

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I have gotten myself into a very nano type of problem. I want 40k, but I'm at 36... and the clock is ticking. I'm traveling most of tomorrow.

Looking like I'll see whatever I can make today, and then the remaining 2k or 3k on the 31st. Well, I suppose it's not a nano without a crazy final sprint....