First Image of Wonder Woman from Batman V Superman

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
The point of the high heel is to accentuate curves here. Give nice leg shape. Butt sticking out. So if that's the image we wimmins want in a female warrior then who am I to stand in the way?

And i beg to differ. High heel boots are not a breeze to run in. Trot for a while maybe. Full fledged combat? Umm no. A small heel as seen in mens boots is one thing. Wedges are something else. If you can climb Everest in wedges great but why? I mean whyyyy?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
The point of the high heel is to accentuate curves here. Give nice leg shape. Butt sticking out. So if that's the image we wimmins want in a female warrior then who am I to stand in the way?

That is the image she has always had. That's kind of always been the point of her.

And i beg to differ. High heel boots are not a breeze to run in. Trot for a while maybe. Full fledged combat? Umm no.

If you have super-strength, then you can probably fight in high heeled boots.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... b/c all female role models must be beautiful.
G*d forbid even one should be average looking.
Fine example we're setting for our youngsters.

"If you are not attractive hide under a stone."

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
... b/c all female role models must be beautiful.
G*d forbid even one should be average looking.
Fine example we're setting for our youngsters.

"If you are not attractive hide under a stone."

Not all female role models, no. But Wonder Woman is. Sorry. This doesn't have much to do with high heels, or anything else about her costume, but yes, Wonder Woman is not average looking. She is beautiful.

Wonder Woman is two things. She's beautiful, and she's big and tough. People had issues with this actress at first, because they didn't think she looked big and tough enough. To be honest, it annoyed me because it seemed like they chose her because they didn't think a woman can look strong and imposing and still be beautiful. But Wonder Woman is both of those things.

Last edited:

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
In the Starcraft II video games, female Nancy Sarah Kerrigan is infected with alien DNA. Apparently, the DNA invades her boots, too, as her now-bare alien feet... have 3-inch heels.

http://www.wallwides.com/wallpaper/...03/30/13777/Heart-of-the-Swarm-Wallpapers.jpg

I couldn't stop the chuckle that incited in me.

Last edited:

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Gal Gadot looks great here. You can argue about the costume all you like, but physically, she looks the part and I expect she'll put on a tad more muscle by the time everything gets going. She'll look like she's supposed to look--feminine and yet solidly built--and totally capable of kicking your ass from here to Themyscira.

That's what I was most worried about; the fact that, up until her casting, she was so freaking rail thin. I'm not bagging on that body type for a person but, for Wonder Woman, who is supposed to have some muscle to her, I was very concerned that she'd not look the part.

Personally, I was hoping that Jaimie Alexander (Sif from the Thor movies) would've been cast. But, perhaps there was contractual Marvel-versus-DC things that might've prevented that.

But, the pic of Gadot as WW gives me a little hope. I hope she puts on a little more size but I'm not as worried as I was before.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
That's what I was most worried about; the fact that, up until her casting, she was so freaking rail thin. I'm not bagging on that body type for a person but, for Wonder Woman, who is supposed to have some muscle to her, I was very concerned that she'd not look the part.

Yes. After Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, I try to to reserve judgement until after I've seen the actor in costume. But I thought she just looked too tiny. I think Batgirl or Harley Quinn could possible be more petite. They seem like the are athletic, but could be more of a gymnast type. But Wonder Woman is not supposed to be petite.

I'm glad to see this picture. I think she looks like she fits the role a little better.

Last edited:

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
In the Starcraft II video games, female Nancy Kerrigan is infected with alien DNA. Apparently, the DNA invades her boots, too, as her now-bare alien feet... have 3-inch heels.

http://www.wallwides.com/wallpaper/...03/30/13777/Heart-of-the-Swarm-Wallpapers.jpg

I couldn't stop the chuckle that incited in me.

Sarah Kerrigan. Also, the Zerg are capable of changing their genetic structure to more effectively invade and conquer planets, so if the Queen of Blades wants three inch heels, she'll have three inch heels!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score

But, the pic of Gadot as WW gives me a little hope. I hope she puts on a little more size but I'm not as worried as I was before.
---
Well, she was doing modeling as well as acting, as I recall, and in general, you don't want a too heavy or too muscular model. That's the way the industry is.

At any rate, she has more than enough time to put on some size. It's harder for a woman to gain muscle than for a man, but she's going to be in a big-budget movie, so she'll have the best training facilities to work out in, the best trainers, food, supplements, etc. If I were funding a flick where the main characters had to look a certain way, I'd make sure they looked a certain way by the first day on the set.

And I think Gadot will make the world forget Lynda Carter--for a time, at least.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Sarah Kerrigan. Also, the Zerg are capable of changing their genetic structure to more effectively invade and conquer planets, so if the Queen of Blades wants three inch heels, she'll have three inch heels!

Woops. Crap, that was a bad one. Thanks. :cry:

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
The truth is, I have no issue with the actress aside from the over-air-brushing happening here. I think she'll probably do a great job.

Having super strength doesn't mean I'm going to run out and get the most gorgeous wedge-heeled fighting boots "just cuz." It's a step backwards, imho. It is a small thing, but people keep making excuses for what seems like a very superficial costume decision. Dig in and fight for heels. Because a girl has to be fashionable while she kicks ass. Someone needs to tell Brienne of Tarth.

Hanson

Registered
Reaction score
137434_original.jpg

he he he.

The first and exact image that came to mind.

Xena. Been there, done that.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Having super strength doesn't mean I'm going to run out and get the most gorgeous wedge-heeled fighting boots "just cuz."

Well, I am. I like heels.

It's a step backwards, imho.

How can it be a step backwards when that is always what she has worn?

You really think that her having heels on her boots, like she always has, is a step backwards, but a strapless, cleavage bearing swim suit is not?

Hanson

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I am. I like heels.

You really think that her having heels on her boots, like she always has, is a step backwards, but a strapless, cleavage bearing swim suit is not?

I wonder if she gets her truth lasso around Ben Affleck, would they have to pull the movie?

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score

So, the guys can get suit upgrades from THIS to THIS, but because she's "always had heels", well, it's perfectly okay.

Gotcha.

As for the bodice, I can make a slightly better argument for a woman wearing less--giving her more maneuverability and such (though it's thin), than I can for the Kardashian cutesy wedge heel things.

Some gals are okay with the heels. Fine. So, you like heels and fashion is a part of who Wonder Woman is for you. I'd buy that more than claiming she "was always drawn with heels, so heelz forever, yo." (Which is flat wrong)

A few "no high heels" here. (And one LOL high heels)
No heels
Teeny Heel (what I'd expect in a men's boot)
No heels
No heels
No heels
No heels
No heels
No heels
Oh look! Guys and women have the same type of heel. Go figure. Guess the boys won't like WW anymore. (sad face)

The image below would have been so awesome, imho. The colors are there, and omg, she has armor protecting her body. I can't tell if she has heels, but the boots at least look more durable.

LINK

Last edited:

Hendo

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Ohh who cares if she has heels lol at least it's not nipples on the batsuit again

Last edited:

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
So, the guys can get suit upgrades from THIS to THIS, but because she's "always had heels", well, it's perfectly okay.

No, I think it's perfectly okay because there isn't anything wrong with her wearing heels.

Some gals are okay with the heels. Fine. So, you like heels and fashion is a part of who Wonder Woman is for you. I'd buy that more than claiming she "was always drawn with heels, so heelz forever, yo." (Which is flat wrong)

No, it's not flat wrong. Some versions of her costume didn't have heels over the years, but several of them did, including the original costume, and her most famous costume.

I'm not saying she always was drawn with heels or always has to be. I'm saying that she often was portrayed with a heel on her boot, and you're talking as if like it's absurd and ridiculous for her to wear them, or like it's something they just decided to do just for the movie.

Last edited:

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
I think the heel debate will live forever. Personally, I don't see the point. She's from the jungle, which heels would be hard as hell to work in.

One thing that does bug me is overall she's too stylized. Like she wakes up every morning and does her hair and make-up. I've never seen Gal in any movies, but judging by her ethnicity I'm wondering why they decided to do her hair the way they did. I bet she has awesome texture on her own. IMHO it would have given her a more organic look if they played with what she has naturally.

I guess, like I said, too much. The WW I remember (it's been a long time) was a warrior first. This WW looks like she's trying to be a fashionista.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I think the heel debate will live forever. Personally, I don't see the point. She's from the jungle, which heels would be hard as hell to work in.

She didn't have her costume where she came from. It was given to her when she left.

Wonder Woman has always work skin tight, skimpy outfits. Why is it so surprising that she would wear feminine boots?

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Clearly, she's a superheroine because not only can she fight, and fight well, in heels and with her long hair flowing. She also can wear revealing outfits without the benefit of a sports bra or taking the time to wax or shave. (Me, if I were a superheroine? Pits and legs would be covered, and my hair would be tied back. And the heels? Not even in my dreams. I'd twist an ankle walking to my invisible plane.)

I'm reserving judgment on whether she makes a good WW until I see the movie.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

I'm sure someone with the knowledge about this sort of thing could list a dozen things that would be impractical about Batman's outfits in reality. (Heck, you could make a dozen points just regarding the cape.)

I imagine most comics fans don't give a darn about whether or not any superhero's appearance would be practical in reality, whether they're male or female. If Batman's cape never accidentally gets stuck on anything, then Wonder Woman's heels don't hinder her movement in the slightest.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, that's very true. Superhero costumes aren't strictly utilitarian. They're supposed to look cool. Batman's cape is very impractical, but they would never get rid of it. He likes it. If he were a real person, he would find a way to make it work despite how impractical it is, just because he he likes how it looks.