A GAME OF THRONES (HBO) -- POSSIBLE SPOILERS

jeffo20

Tyrant King
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doubtingwriter.blogspot.com
I thought that Arya and the Hound kind of had a "bonding" moment when he talked about his brother burning his face, and then she cared about his wound getting infected. Then in this scene I couldn't tell if she cared if he got killed or not.
I think this is a reflection of the complicated relationship they had. She wanted to kill him because of what he did to the Butcher's Boy, and his association with Joffrey and the Lannisters. And though his purpose in keeping her safe was to ransom her and get a big payday, he did keep her safe (the occasional mail-fisted backhand notwithstanding).

Also, when you have people in the sort of situation they were in--survival situation, occasionally fighting off threats--there is a bond that forms, a sort of brothers-in-arms type of thing: you don't have to like your fellow soldiers, but you do have to take care of each other.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is the coin that Arya gives to the captain something she keeps, or is it a one-time "help me" card she was saving to play?

I know where it came from, but not having read the books through, I'm not sure how it works.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My opinion-I think it's the calling card of who she is going to see and very well known in Bravos.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is the coin that Arya gives to the captain something she keeps, or is it a one-time "help me" card she was saving to play?

I know where it came from, but not having read the books through, I'm not sure how it works.

I agree with others: it's kind of a calling card. Jaqen asked Arya to come with him in season 2, correct? She said no. He gave her the coin: if you are ever in Braavos.

Those who read the books know where this leads and I hope the show remains true to that. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the long 9 month wait has started... sighhhh

Yup, I just canceled my HBO and will resubscribe next April. I hope to have the books read by then, if I get off my lazy, I should.

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Nine months, eh?

At least I'll have time to watch the first seasons (through my fingers and squinted eyes, likely on fast forward until I figure out where the gory bits are) by the time the new ones start.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
All I'm going to say is that I'm amazed at how much I adore Jorah Mormont, considering what a creepy guy he was in the books. He's taken off the fedora and become quite wonderful in the TV adaptation.

It might be because I fancy him a little bit.

Really looking forward to seeing the Sand Snakes in s5.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I could do without the whole Dorne plot line. But I could do without a lot of the last couple of books--I guess I'll just have to wait and see what HBO does with them.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't care much for the Dorne POVs or the Ironborn. Seems they've completely cut out the Ironborn, so maybe Dorne plays a big role in the end game.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
A few season 5 news bits...

1, Brans storyline will not continue in season 5.

the link... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/03/bran-hodor-game-of-thrones_n_5761430.html

2 Cersei's nude scene is going to happen in season 5.

the link, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/02/cersei-game-of-thrones-nude_n_5752236.html

The first does not surprise me, but the second one does and sort of disappoints me...

Through 4 seasons, I can not recall any Lena Headey nude scenes. I thought maybe because Lena was a bigger star name, she had it in her contract, no nudity. Now though, it appears HBO and Lena were just saving it for season 5. So, another one bites the dust...

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what "disappoints" you about this? It's a pivotal scene in the books. It sounds like they're shooting it exactly as it was written. Yet "another one bites the dust"? What dust, exactly - the dust of the actress going to work and doing her job? :Huh: I don't see what's inherently shameful about being naked for an important scene in the story. It's not even sexual.