First Image of Wonder Woman from Batman V Superman

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I like it. I give it leeway for... ahem... visual appeal. Otherwise, it seems fairly close to other leather armor of ancient Greece.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
How does she bend her knees in those boots?

I've seen those boots described as thigh-high. But I don't think they are.

After some ogl... err... investigation, I think you can see a bit of knee on her left leg. So... knee guards?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Well, yeah, but there's no logistical reason for it besides looking sexy....

Sadly, in Hollywood-Land, it is considered logical.

Much like the "hero coat," which replaces the cape for the hero of shows where capes aren't worn, it creates an illusion that pegs her as one of the heroes. Heroes are supposed to be the tallest guys / gals in the room, which is why the rest of the cast is often augmented during filming to make sure the hero appears that way.

If your lead is too short, then he can either stand on a box, or the rest of the cast can be forced to go without shoes, walk in a ditch, stand at a forced perspective, etc. With a female hero - especially an Amazon - they're going to want her to appear *almost* as tall as the guys. So, heels.

Now go watch an X-Men movie and try and reconcile the fact that in the comics, both Wolverine and Jean Grey are 5'4".

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Has any of you ever seen a cartoon where a villain starts sucking the souls of people and this is represented by them losing their bright colors?

...Yeah.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Has any of you ever seen a cartoon where a villain starts sucking the souls of people and this is represented by them losing their bright colors?

...Yeah.

I've seen the episode of Fairly Odd Parents where Foop makes Anti-Fairy World all cutesy and colourful to torture the anti-fairies.

I think I do like the outfit. It looks better than Superman without his underwear. X3

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ohhhh Yeah...

Lurve, lurve, LURVE the outfit!!!

(I totally would have worn those boots back in the day, by the way.) ;)

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think that one was more budget issues. If you don't see it, you don't have to pay for it.

I guess, it would use less ink in a comic book....but I can't imagine spending on some color for a jet would have brought down the DC Empire....

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wonder Woman has always had heels. Even in the old days. Linda Carter did, too.

Gail Gadot, I watched Lynda Carter. I had a crush on Lynda Carter. Lynda Carter was a hottie of mine. Gail, you are no Lynda Carter.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Lynda Carter was also in the 1970s and wearing star-spangled granny-panties. So, let's keep that too?

As for the high heels, it's a common complaint about MANY (many X1000) women who read comics that female comic book characters are hyper-sexualized. Because, you know, chasing bad guys in wedgie heels makes so much sense, ya'll. If you haven't seen "Women in Reasonable Armor," go look it up now. It's not a lot to ask for to make a female's costume functional. Xena's boots, for example, had almost no heels. And guess what? She kicked ass. Even in a skirt.

Or, we can do this:

lBNPdXH.gif

As for Man of Steel.

The visuals were stunning. Like cutting-edge effects. But holy cow, the story was one of the worst executed that I'd ever seen. The whole beauty of Superman was his past and his growing up in Smallville, and by demoting all of that to drive-by flashbacks with no real substance (other than being a moment where the movie figuratively pointed at us and said, "OKAY, CRY NOW!") I got no sense of Clark. None. And they wasted Diane Lane and Kevin Costner. The best part of the entire movie was the first 20 minutes. I cared more about Jor-El on Krypton than any other part of the movie. And don't even get me started on how horribly they failed with Lois Lane.

They didn't have to rehash Donner's version, but at least let us simmer in Clark's childhood a little bit instead of jerking us in and out of past/present gears like a 15-year-old with a brand new driver's permit. I don't like being told when to cry and when to feel something when the tornado comes for Pops, and that's exactly what the movie did. Empty. Vapid. But very pretty. Kind of like a Real Housewife.

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Costume wise, I don't expect them to go with the traditional red, white and blue bikini bottom plus the bustier (sp?) on top element. It worked in the comics (by and large) and in the animated shows, but live action...it would be seen as being too voyeuristic. If they go with this look, more or less, I could see that.

This also may well not be "the" costume as in "Wonder Woman." Since this is the introduction to her on screen, this look could just be Princess Diana (She was a princess, yeah?) and the "Wonder Woman" look comes later.

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
I don't understand the heels either. Granted I don't usually fight, when I wear heels standing can be an issue. My issue with her costume is she has no presence. Ww was a demanding broad. Maybe it's the stupid filter but nothing about her says she's a warrior. Maybe a Halloween party...

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Lynda Carter was also in the 1970s and wearing star-spangled granny-panties. So, let's keep that too?

No, the heels were around from the very beginning. Since she wore the skirt.

And high heeled boots are not hard to run, walk or stand in. At all. Boots are not like regular pumps. The give your calves and ankles full support.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of course, on a TV show, she probably lucked out and got dancer heels, which probably provided much more support than cha-cha heels, especially during the fight sequences.