Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Sometimes a day ends on a note that improves the whole day.

I was just about to go to bed, when I checked my email and found that a story I've been sending out for a year and a half, that's been rejected fifteen times, has been accepted for an anthology; and for pro rates.

I've been trying to follow Heinlein's example (in this one area where I'm capable of being like Heinlein) and never giving up on a story until it finds a home (albeit after a series of revisions). Persistence eventually finds the right place at the right time.

It's not my first pro sale, but it's my first in a while, and especially sweet after so many rejections for this particular piece. Even though it's a short story, this makes me feel like I can succeed with the novel I'm trying to force out of my brain (with all the problems typical to a first-time novelist).

Never give up!

grayworld

Registered
Reaction score
Many congratulations, Manuel Royal! It feels so good when that sale comes out of nowhere. Instant validation!

Best of luck, and keep plugging away at your novel. Also, let us know when and where your latest short story will be appearing so we can check it out.

katci13

creative genie
Registered
Reaction score
This is great news! And a testament to the power of perseverance. :D Many congratulations to you! Good luck with your novel.
:Sun:

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
:D
b.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
space.gif
d.gif
a.gif
n.gif
c.gif
e.gif

n.gif
o.gif
w.gif
space.gif
space.gif
w.gif
i.gif
t.gif
h.gif
space.gif
space.gif
c.gif
o.gif
n.gif
g.gif
r.gif
a.gif
t.gif
u.gif
l.gif
a.gif
t.gif
i.gif
o.gif
n.gif
s.gif

:banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana:

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs CGs CGs! Send 'em out until the zombie apocalypse devours all the publishers -- my sentiment exactly.

Hope it's contagious -- I've got some long-traveling stories out there myself. ;)

sreeves2

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!
Many people tend to give up after failing, but I always try to look at "failures" as ways to improve. It's like the more you fail, the greater you become :D

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Wonderful! So happy for you. Congrats! Take a bow...

Status
Not open for further replies.