Book Number 4 - First Full Manusript Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahEmma

Registered
Reaction score
After writing a book a year for the last four years, I have finally had a full manuscript request, well seven full manuscript requests to be exact. This is the second YA novel i have completed, I have also written two middle grade manuscripts and I can't describe how great it feels to have any kind of positive feedback after countless form rejections. One does start to doubt if there will ever be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Please don't think I am getting ahead of myself here, I realize this is the first step of many on the often uncertain and arduous road to publication but it is a start and I have always been one to believe in the power of counting your blessings.

Good luck to everyone else out there who is submitting at the moment. It is not an easy process but I hope you are successful, and if you are not, that you have enough belief in yourself and your ideas to continue.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on your persistence and your success with the current offering! Having gone through 281 subs before offer, I know how hard it is to keep submitting against that tide of form Rs.

Here's to multiple offers from the agents with fulls!

BekkahSmith

Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome! Congratulations! That is a wonderful achievement. I wish you luck in receiving lots of agent offers!

SarahEmma

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm following Walt Disney's advice 'Keep Moving Forward'. A big part of success is determination and perseverance. If you are thinking about giving up, remember the best is yet to come :)

SarahEmma

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I'm up to eight full requests now but I know it's still a one in a million chance. The hard work and nail biting has only just begun ... Best of luck to everyone else out there submitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.